Kickoff meeting date?!?

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.

What day should our kickoff meeting be?

Can't make any of them, you bonehead!
50%
25%
25%
No votes

Total votes: 12

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Please vote for a day to have our kickoff meeting! My schedule's gonna be weird the next few weeks, so the choices are based soley on that...
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I voted Tuesday because Wednesday and Thursday are gaming nights, but really, both of those would work equally well. I'm sure everyone in those two groups would be willing to suspend play one week to get this con started.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Heheheh, the problems with gamers, every night is a game night. :)
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Although I voted for next Tuesday, I'm up for any of them! :P
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

So, is tomorrow night (the 25th) a go or not? If so, when and where? Trust me, inquiring minds want to know... :?
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
The Gonz

Post by The Gonz »

Is it the date or what?
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

What do you say, Mord... this is at your place.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Yes, my place it is. Just checked with the wife and it's cleared. Tomorrow Tuesday the 25th, the kickoff meeting for the CON.

Who all needs directions? You can either PM me or post here. I'll PM you with directions.

We should meet at 7:00pm. Should only take an hour or so to get our business done. Basically, it's a matter of deciding the tasks that need to be done and then assigning them. I'll draw up a meeting itinerary that we can try to stick to.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

I must needs directions!
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I have been out of the loop for a while... I noticed you want me to do some research on sponsorship from stores...

what else do you need me to do... what's the skinny...

I won't be able to make the meeting on Wednesday, as of the 5th of Jun though I have Tuesdays & Wednesdays off though.

Jonathan
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Count Zero"]I have been out of the loop for a while... I noticed you want me to do some research on sponsorship from stores...

I won't be able to make the meeting on Wednesday, as of the 5th of Jun though I have Tuesdays & Wednesdays off though.

Jonathan[/quote]

Well right now there are tons of ideas floating around, but nothing concrete. That's what the meeting tomorrow is for. We'll put together a task list. Some tasks will probably be assigned during the meeting, but undoubtedly there will be other tasks that we'll throw out for volunteers, or that we'll have people in mind for that will not be in attendance.

A meeting status report will be posted later in the week by the CON secretary, whoever that may be... Yeah, we'll be choosing officers too! w00t! Or not. who knows? :)

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="mordraine"][quote:4ed6a791c2="Count Zero"]I have been out of the loop for a while... I noticed you want me to do some research on sponsorship from stores...

Jonathan[/quote]

Well right now there are tons of ideas floating around, but nothing concrete. That's what the meeting tomorrow is for. We'll put together a task list. Some tasks will probably be assigned during the meeting, but undoubtedly there will be other tasks that we'll throw out for volunteers, or that we'll have people in mind for that will not be in attendance.

A meeting status report will be posted later in the week by the CON secretary, whoever that may be... Yeah, we'll be choosing officers too! w00t! Or not. who knows? :)[/quote:4ed6a791c2]

Cool... I am more than happy to contribute any of the skills I have to helping this run smoothly, let me know... my skills may come in handy more after we have an actual location and in the leg work for sponsorship. I have had to do this a number of times (with my previous After School Program jobs). I have had to plan far too many special events in my day. If you guys run into any road blocks... let me know I may have some ideas here and there.

Jonathan

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I've sent PMs to BoC, jasonhead and Jake to get to my place. Anyone else need 'em?
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Yes, Bwanna! instructions are needed! :roll:
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

At the moment, it appears that none of my PM's are leaving my outbox. So I've taken the liberty of emailing everyone who's requested directions. I just emailed:

BoC
jake
jasonhead
opwunder
The Gonz

Hope I haven't forgotten anybody. See you all at 7pm. I'm hoping the meeting won't take much longer than an hour. That way we can all get home to watch the finale of AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!!... or um... maybe not.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]At the moment, it appears that none of my PM's are leaving my outbox. So I've taken the liberty of emailing everyone who's requested directions. I just emailed:

BoC

jake

jasonhead

opwunder

The Gonz

Hope I haven't forgotten anybody. See you all at 7pm. I'm hoping the meeting won't take much longer than an hour. That way we can all get home to watch the finale of [b]AMERICAN IDOL!!!!!![/b]... or um... maybe not.[/quote]

You might have to delete all you "sent mail."

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Ah, good call... hadn't thought that my sentbox would be full. D'oh!
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it today (gotta pick Neuro up from the airport). Hopefully somebody'll have minutes to post?
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game