RPG-San Diego National Games Day

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.

What day works best for RPG San Diego Games Day?

Other Date
No votes
Other Date
No votes
Other Date
25%
Other Date
25%
Other Date
50%

Total votes: 4

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

RPG-San Diego National Games Day

Post by Count Zero »

Okay,

So we were going to honor National Games Week in November by getting together to play board games. National Games Week is Nov. 19-26. Please vote for what day you want to meet.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

The 18th and 19th are GenCon, the 25th and 26th are around Thanksgiving, when I expect a good number of people will be away with their families. That said, I have a far better chance of making the latter dates.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

That time frame is just really unfortunate, sorry.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Let's honor National Games Day by going to GenCon!
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

I voted for the 25th, simply because the weekend prior is (as mentioned) Gen Con SoCal, and that's a business opportunity (however small) I'm not ready to miss.

It also occurs to me, following my vote, that the 25 is my brother's birthday, which throws a monkey-wrench into the proceedings. Grr.

If anything, would it be possible to put forth a different round of dates, perhaps in early December? It wouldn't be national games week...but, eh.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

Crap... I can't believe I didn't realize that...
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

By December everyone's doing the end of year holidays. Your best shot might actually be in October. Who's hosting or what venue do people have their eyes on?
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

I'm seconding Neuro. Lets go with October. Plus its sooner and in the same month as Halloween!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Hmm... I could test run two scenarios I want to run at GenCon SoCal.

But besides the date logistics, we need a place to host this thing too. My place might be available, depending on date, but I can't count on that for sure. Once a date has been picked, I'll check.

Oh, and I agree about October too. December is really difficult for people to have free time what with all the holidays and whatnot.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I thought the intention was to go more boardgames than RPG's but whatever works. I was going to offer to host the thing, but I don't have room for more than one RPG.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Count Zero"]I thought the intention was to go more boardgames than RPG's but whatever works. [/quote]

Oops, you're right. Don't mind me.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

I'm bringing Zombies!

But I was wondering if Chrononauts counts (its a card game, non-collectible) about time travel and I have one of the expansion sets.