I live!

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
Digital_Boy
One-Armed Skeleton

I live!

Post by Digital_Boy »

Been a LONG ass time since I've posted here.

Sorry I missed the shindig. Hopefully there's another one before this time next year! :O
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Me too! I think we should have one every 3 or 4 months.
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

It's a difficult thing to coordinate and organize! Not to mention host. Takes a lot of energy. Most likely it'll stay an annual event.

The cool thing would be to get more and more people and have it turn into an actual mini con of sorts.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Yeah, we'll likely do another meet-up where it's a bbq or picnic or something, but not a gaming function. One shot nights or tabletop nights will probably be our gaming together opportunities until next Spring.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Digital_Boy
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Digital_Boy »

[quote="Neuro"]Yeah, we'll likely do another meet-up where it's a bbq or picnic or something, but not a gaming function. One shot nights or tabletop nights will probably be our gaming together opportunities until next Spring.[/quote]

One shots and short games due to your school workload, I'm guessing?

Weather's been behaving pretty well lately, perhaps a bonfire at Fiesta or some other beach would be a good kickoff for summer.

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

As Mordraine said, the annual rpg-sandiego.org meetup will remain once a year due to the large amount of work required to coordinate, organize, and host it. This isn't to say that other activities (one-shot nights, board game nights, bonfires, pub crawls, etc) can't take place, merely that the big meetup will remain once a year.

A bonfire sounds great to me, just gotta replace the axle in my pickup first. :)
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Yeah, we usually do a bonfire meet-up thing sometime in the summer. I'm up for that.

Also, it's been quite a while since anyone's suggested a one-shot. Harrumph.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Got a Conan one shot getting brewed

I'm writting some Japanese Modern CoC adventures...so I could run them as a demo

We could get really Nostalgic and I can whip out an old AD&D module