The big day!

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

The big day!

Post by Wintermute »

Alright guys, here's the schedule:

Session 1
Stardrive: Bounty Hunters
Etherscope
InSpectres

Session 2
Planescape: City of Doors
Adventure!
All Flesh Must Be Eaten: Senior Citizen Slaughter

Things will kick off at 11:00am, game assignments are first come, first serve. If you forgot to RSVP, you're still more than welcome to attend. If you need directions, please email or PM. I look forward to seeing you all!
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Dammit! The two games I wanted to play are in Session 1! Oh, well. Looks like Adventure! again for me. :lol:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Dammit! The two games I wanted to play are in Session 1! Oh, well. Looks like Adventure! again for me. :lol:[/quote]
Not if it gets filled. I suggest getting there early

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Meh, I'm mostly coming for the socialization, so I have no qualms about what I really play.
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Damn that was freaking awesome!

My only regret was not getting to play in Jimmy's Planescape game.

-Juran Juran!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Yep, good times. I had a ball in all the games I played in, and there was a noticeable crescendo of craziness as the day went on. Etherscope was an interesting, All Flesh Must Be Eaten was wacky fun, and InSpectres was the final nail in the insanity coffin. Thanks to Mord, Mr. Lost, and Cczernia for running and Winter and Neuro for hosting. Well worth the drive!
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

I had a blast! Thanks to everyone who attended, and I'm really looking forward to doing this again.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

That was great! Jimmy Corrigan, Mr. Lost and Cczernia ran some really fun azz game.
My high light Short Synopsis of each game:
Bounty Hunter Alternity
1. Gotetsu running after everything he sees and shooting it
2. It be came obvious that the game was a metaphor for the guy that towed his car. Slave labor, Azzhole crochety old fart who wont let us park, avoids talking reason and lil' bugger runs when we bring our lawyer Blooth to settle things.
3. I got to play with Brian and experience his extreme rolling...I'm not sure I got to see him roll any 2 thru 19 on a D20. It was either bitching or Catastrophic.

AFMBE- Geriatrics a go go
1. Devlin played A deaf entertainer singing Kareoke(sp?) to the grateful dead. I got to play a 7 year old girl, who's allergic to cats(wow that was a stretch), visiting my 90 year old grandmother Neuro on dialysis who is more homicidal than the zombies. Wintermute was a one legged smack talking retired general who apparently keeps a loaded 10 lbs M-1 Garand in his room for such an occassion. Oh and best of all Brian was a semi-retired $10 ho.
Obviously fun times ensued.
2. Ummm...really, where should I start
3. I'm laughing too hard to write

Inspectre- The game that almost was not
1. Same people that played AFMBE, just add Ccernia as a faux GM. I mean, really the game could ALMOST play without a GM. So now we have the guy, Mr. Lost, who just ran the AFMBE as a player now saying "Juran Juran." Devlin is passive-aggressive and worried about the plot making sense because really he wants the madness to end. Wintermute has gambling issues and gives birth to aliens. Neuro and Brian characters (Forever known as Bob Lob-blob) ditch their kid at the office with a box of pizza to fend for herself. I'm playing a guy that just laughs thru out.
2. Wintermute can make sense out of anything...really he can
3. Now I know I play really weird and sometimes irritating characters but I obviously took a back seat tonight. I was laughing so hard I couldn't keep a thought straight

The movie Gamer's was cool afterwards

Thank you for hosting Neuro and Wintermute!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

hooray for neuro and wintermute!

hooray for rpg-sandiego!

thanks everybody. every bit worth the sleep deprivation.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Thank you all so much for coming to the meet. I had a lovely time. It was wonderful to see everyone. I haven't laughed so hard in ages. Thanks, too, for being so tidy. I can hardly tell you were all here, except there are all these leftovers. I'd propose we do round 2 if it weren't for an icky stats midterm in three days and that I expect six different races of aliens to converge on the planet to destroy it in something like 10 more hours. I, personally, welcome our new alien overlords, particularly Juran Juran.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Thanks to Winter and Neuro for hosting, and to JC for running a couple of kick-ass games!

It was good to see you all, and great to meet a few new people.

And thanks for sharing my B&T, Mord. As much as I wanted it, my body probably wasn't going to be able to handle it! :cheers:

We missed you SM. :lol:
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

[quote="Gotetsu"]

We missed you SM. :lol:[/quote]

Word.

"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Good times. Thanks to our hosts and GMs.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

It was great. Had too much fun. I'm still laughing over the InSpectres game. How often does it happen when the GM has no idea what is going on.

Planescape and Etherscope were a ton of fun, too. I love to share... more I love it when people share with me.

Ether construct: You don't have access
Wintermute & cczernia at the same time: Yes we do!

I'm just looking forward to that Saints vs the Redsocks game :mrgreen:
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I also had tons of fun! Thanks to everyone for playing in my Etherscope game, and thanks to Albert for running the awesome Planescape!
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]I also had tons of fun! Thanks to everyone for playing in my Etherscope game, and thanks to Albert for running the awesome Planescape![/quote]

You need to put up those pics!

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Much craziness and good times ensued.

Favorite moments:

* Stardrive: When our group tried to explain that we were there to beat down a rude hick, not get the slaves in trouble with same. Language barrier present, so we just played some audio of the dude and pointed our guns menacingly ;) They got the idea and gave direction (via pointing) post-haste.

* Planescape: "Do we know what these strange spell focus crystals are for? Nope, but there's like 10,000 of them, so let's have the villagers rake them up. What do we do with them afterwards? Eh, we take em with us in case we can screw over those guys we hate!" :mrgreen:

It was nice to meet those of you I hadn't - good to put a face with a name. Mr Lost gets the door prize for the 'resembles avatar the most' category.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Mr Lost gets the door prize for the 'resembles avatar the most' category.[/quote]
That tears it. Next year I'm bringing my cricket bat.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

But what if you change your avatar before then?
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Damnit... I sware to all that is holy that I WILL make it to the next one of these!

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Gotetsu"]But what if you change your avatar before then?[/quote]
Pfft. Right.

Mike Olson
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

No swaring!

But swearing is fine. :lol:
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Damnit... I sware to all that is holy that I WILL make it to the next one of these!

Chris[/quote]

I second that!!!! (But the show went well...)

A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner