Game voting

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.

What game would you like to play at the rpg-sandiego meetup?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:03 pm

Stardrive: Bounty Hunters
No votes
6%
19%
No votes
19%
6%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
6%
19%
6%
13%
No votes
6%

Total votes: 16

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Game voting

Post by Wintermute »

This poll is to determine what games are run at the rpg-sandiego meetup. Please only vote if you are planning on attending the meet-up. Game descriptions are as follows:

Werewolf: The Forsaken - Werewolves are real and they hide among man in packs protecting humanity from the spirit world. You play one of these Werewolves when something came through from the spirit world; something big. It is taking up residence in a hospital and it is the packs job to remove it. But what is the bigger threat? The rogue spirit or the human doctors who are manipulating it. (cczernia)

InSpectres - The indy game where the PCs not only solve the mystery but help decide what it is. Try out not just a new system but a new way to roleplay where the GM could almost be removed. You play a member of InSpectres, a paranormal investigation unit. Your current mission: to investigate the hospital as malpractice seems to be the norm and people enter themselves even though there isn't anything wrong with them. (cczernia)

Jovian Chronicles - 200 years in the future mankind has managed to colonize the solar system and those colonies have turned to nations. Many of those nations are on the brink of war. You play a Solar Police Agent investigating a famous music star who has political ties to The Mars Republic died in an accident. However, people start to report that she may still be alive. (cczernia)

Adventure! - A group of Fearless Explorers land on a jungle island in search of a Treasure of Priceless Pearls, trying to beat a team of Evil Nazis who are also after the treasure. The island itself holds many mysteries, including a myth of a Giant White Ape! Will the team survive and snatch the treasure away from their hated foes? Or will they fall victim to the many dangers of Blood Island? (Mordraine)

Engel - In a far-flung future Earth rebuilding after multiple catastrophic apocalypses, the world is run by a huge monolithic church, gigantic columns of flame called Infernos slowly march across the land leaving miles of scarred wasteland, evil Dreamseed creatures mindlessly attack innocent citizens, and angels are not only real but fly among us. You play a group of angels charged with investigating strange goings-on at a remote village that resides near the Brandlands (BTW, this game will be run with my Storytelling conversion as opposed to the awful D20 rules). (Mordraine)

Etherscope - 1876, Harold Wallace discovered something that changed the world: Etherspace. The might of Victorian industry drove forward, breaking down the frontiers of technology. Steam engines became smaller, weapons became more powerful, and cybernaughtics replaced limbs lost in bloody imperial wars. Then mankind learned to step into Etherspace itself. Now it's 1984. In this alternative world of out-of-control technology, Etherspace is the new frontier. Punk scope riders fight evil industrialists while occult investigators war against Etherspace demons. Mysterious System Agents lurk in the shadows as treasure hunters raid Lemurean ruins for lost secrets. Jack in, scope up, and get ready, because the options for an Etherscope game are endless (Mordraine)

Call of Cthulhu Modern: CSI San Diego (Cthulhu Scene Investigators) forensic team is called to a multiple homicide at a local new age church in the BankersHill/HillCrest area. The challenge is not in collecting the evidence but in putting the pieces of the puzzle together for the assistant DA to take to court. The suspects are plenty and this may appear to be an obvious who dunnit...but the problem is in supporting your hunch while eliminating other possibilities. Are you up for the challenge to solve the case? or will you let the case go cold? Because sometimes things are meant to be left unknown...
Expected time duration of the adventure is 4-5 hours. Team will consist of 4-5 players. (Skyman)Image

Oriental Adventure: On the outskirts of the Satsuma city is a small famous bath house, Hana Mizu, run by the humble proprietor Hanzo and his five workers. It is said that the warm bath water will clean your soul and the massages found behind the rice paper walls will heal any broken heart. In this time where magic still exists and the kami travel among us freely, all seems possible...but all is an illusion. You are ninja and this beautiful bathhouse is just a mask during the day so you may exist without scrutiny during the night for the clandestine missions of the Daimyo and the Ota Clan. A message arrives and informs your team that a Judge/Counselor to the Daimyo of the Taka Clan has been taken by the bandit Maurumoto. The message has orders to find and assasinate the Judge/Counselor...
Expected time duration of the adventure is 3-4 hours. (Skyman)

Modern Call of Cthulhu D20 (Skyman)

1920's Call of Cthulhu BRP (Skyman)

Tunnels & Trolls: You have to fight the things and kill them! But what if you don't? You could get hurt that way! Who can say what will happen when those guys show up and a fight starts? The legends say that when you roll high and they roll low, they will be defeated! But can the legends be trusted? Or perhaps they're not legends after all, but only stories. If the legends are legends, though, and if they're true, and you fight the things and take their stuff, you'll have more stuff than you had before! This 7th Ed. Tunnels & Trolls adventure involves things, fighting, and stuff. (Devlin1)

Battlestar Galactica: Given the recent re-coolness of this franchise, it struck me that a pretty cool one-shot could be done with it. There are a number of little stories that'd work well, but before I get to thinking about it, would anyone be interested? Not sure of the system. You know what my initial thoughts on that are, I'm sure, but if anyone wants to suggest something different I'm open to it. (Devlin1)

Paranoia Xp (Devlin1)
Weapons of the Gods (Devlin1)

Unknown Armies: Jail Break: Four convicts, five hostages, one gun...do the math!
An Unknown Armies one-shot of power and consquences. (mrlost)

All Flesh Must Be Eaten: Senior Citizen Slaughter: You thought you could relax. You thought it was over? Just content to spend your remaining days sitting in bed watching Oprah, and waiting for the nurse to change your bed pan? You were wrong! When there's no more room in hell...the dead will march on Shady Palms nursing home. Witness the horror, the depravity, the cranky old people, the carnage, and the cranky old people. Coming April 1st to a theater near you. (mrlost)

Time Travel - (Alternity) On its way... (jimmy corrigan)

Planescape: City of Doors - (True20) So you live in Sigil and life's been good for you. You function as a consulate here, along with your group, and your faction's presence here is legend. Your allegiances are strong and your enemies are abated--for now. Then suddenly things aren't so good anymore. Your faction loses its hold on territories that were once on the cusp between friend and foe. Philosophical shifts in belief start changing the landscape around you. Lands are shifting, breaking apart, and coalescing to form uneasy alliances. That’s where you come in. Can you and your determined band find out why the tides are turning? Can you find a way to stop it? (jimmy corrigan)

StarDrive: Bounty Hunters - (Alternity) Low fuel. Low supplies. Low prospects. You and your rabble-rousing motley of ex-militia, ex-cons, and assorted (also see: ugly) off-worlders need work. By the looks of the ship’s graviton drive relay, you need it in a bad way and you need it three cycles ago. There’s an outpost deep in the Verge that’s advertised on the Grid to be a veritable candyland of illicit opportunities. Chances are you and your rough and tumble crew can find some scratch if you ventured out there. That is, if you make nice with the space scum that are in competition for the work, nevermind making it out there alive in the first damned place. (jimmy corrigan)
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Illuman23
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Pick & Choose

Post by Illuman23 »

So we only get one vote each? How many people are going to be at this thing, and how many games do you expect to have going on?
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

For now, please vote for the game you'd most like to play. I can almost guarantee there will be a "second choice" poll as well. We can have 3-4 games running during any given session, and I suspect there will be 2 sessions.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

So this is like RPG meet up poll 1st edition:wink:

Wow we got a lot of choices...which is nice. I had to choose the AFME. THat one screamed to me PLAY!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Good God Almighty! That's a tough choice!
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

I want to play Planescape if I can. I also want to run Senior Citizen Slaughter...
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Man, I would've written a better description for Tunnels & Trolls if I'd known that bullshit I crapped out before would show up on a poll. But whatever. I'm not too concerned.

Agreed that it's a tough choice. I'm going to go with All Adventure Must Be Forsaken: Modern.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I'm going to go with All Etherscope Adventure Must Be Forsaken for Cthulhu: Modern.
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Modern Orientals Must Be Doors.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

not that it matters much, but i've updated my game descriptions in the first post.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Damn, tough choices. I went with Planescape though.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Cthulhu"]Damn, tough choices. I went with Planescape though.[/quote]
Unlike last year where transhuman space made everyone go apeshit for. See what happens when you don't offer a game John...you make us think

[img]http://www.nerdnyc.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_custom_d20.gif[/img]

mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Wow I didn't expect to actually be in the lead. I should start prepping for AFMBE
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="mrlost"]Wow I didn't expect to actually be in the lead. I should start prepping for AFMBE[/quote]
You had doubts...come on your just gloating

mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Well look what I'm up against
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="mrlost"]Well look what I'm up against[/quote]
Ok that was a good one because I don't how to take it without feeling like a turd