rpg-sandiego CON?!?

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

[quote="Chulainn"]we could always take over this:

[url]http://www.conjecture.org/index.shtml[/url]

8)

C[/quote]

But do we want to hone in on someone else's party or throw our own? :?

A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
jasonhead

Post by jasonhead »

I think we should do it on our own. This could have a lot of potential. I think the first step is narrowing down a place. Another idea is community centers. We have a modern one in Nat'l City next to the library that is very nice and has large conference rooms. I work in the library so I could look into it. But, I need the go-ahead from a staff member from rpg-sandiego before I go through the work. I need to know how serious we really are. In other words, before I step up to the plate, I need to know someone high up in the San Diego gaming community is stepping up to the plate too.

jason
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Do we have a heirarchy yet? :shock:

Mordraine...you're the Moderator. That makes you the default leader in my book. :D
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Meh, Mordraine, obviously... who started this whole discussion anyways?
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Yeah, I'm stepping up, then.

jasonhead, if you'd make polite inquiries as to the availability and cost of the community center, I would much appreciate it. You can post your findings here, or PM me if you like. Also, much appreciate your offer of ad space in the (theoretical at this point) pamphlet. Not sure if we'll need that yet, but it's a possibility.

I believe I will also call a few hotels around. Also, my parents are members of the Elks Lodge here in Chula Vista, and they have a hall that can be rented, although it's a bit if a hall to drive down here. I'd like a more central location if possible.

Besides the spot to have it, and the date to have it, we also need publicity to get the word out. I've seen several volunteers in this respect. Can y'all step forward again and let me know your ideas?

Can anyone do a website? And we'd need flyers too.

And perhaps sponsorship from Game Empire, Game Towne, Do or Dice, any other gaming store in town that I'm unaware of. Count Zero, do you think GT would be interested?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
jasonhead

Post by jasonhead »

I can do the website as long as it's from a free host like geocities. The homepage would be http://www.geocities.com/sandiegocon or something like that. I've done a pretty extensive website for RandymGames. Mordraine, would you like me to begin setting it up?

I will try and find out today the specifics for the community center.

jason
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I think if you just come up with the pages, Winter can probably host them here. Makes sense to me, anyways. :)
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Yes, that is correct, Winter can host the con webpages on the rpg-sandiego.org domain. jason, you can absolutely start developing stuff! Not much for us to put on there yet, since we don't know when and where!! :) But go for it!

Hey Winter, what all is involved with hosting the site?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="mordraine"]Hey Winter, what all is involved with hosting the site?[/quote]

Just email me some pages and I'll up 'em, or I can give you file access.

"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

What I think might be called for at this juncture is a physical meeting of those who most want to be involved, discovvering where everyone's talents lie, setting up a list of responsibilities and objectives and assigning people to each of them. I am more then willing to offer up my home for this meeting. :)
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="opwunder"]What I think might be called for at this juncture is a physical meeting of those who most want to be involved, discovvering where everyone's talents lie, setting up a list of responsibilities and objectives and assigning people to each of them. I am more then willing to offer up my home for this meeting. :)[/quote]

I agree 100% with this.

Chris

Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
The Gonz

Post by The Gonz »

i run a production company and could esily print some flyers for a very low fee. Also I wanted to be in on the con, i think its such a great idea. Let me know please
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="The Gonz"]i run a production company and could esily print some flyers for a very low fee. Also I wanted to be in on the con, i think its such a great idea. Let me know please[/quote]

Ah yes, you're the one! Will definitely keep you in mind for the flyers Gonz.

As far as a CON meeting goes, how does this Saturday the 22nd sound for a kick-off? Who can make it?

If not, my schedule's gonna be kinda messed up for the next few weeks. I'm unavailable next weekend the 29th-30th. Might be unavailable the weekend after that...

The sooner the better. Summer's upon us already.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

What time Saturday?

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
jasonhead

Post by jasonhead »

I can meet but would have to leave by 2:30. I'm waiting on a response about the community center.

jason
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="mordraine"]As far as a CON meeting goes, how does this Saturday the 22nd sound for a kick-off?[/quote]

I'll most likely be gaming. :)

"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

I'm moving.
plaidrhino
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by plaidrhino »

[quote="Wintermute"][quote:375fb366ea="mordraine"]As far as a CON meeting goes, how does this Saturday the 22nd sound for a kick-off?[/quote]

I'll most likely be gaming. :)[/quote:375fb366ea]

Same here :P

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything...... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Ditto. Saturday is prime gaming time man...

jasonhead

Post by jasonhead »

I have a temporary webpage up until Winter and I work out some kinks.

http://www.geocities.com/gameconsd

jason
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Looks good so far Jason, although I'd use an RPG game image rather than that boardgame image... But looking good!!

Regarding Saturday for a meeting, I completely forgot that Saturday is a prime gaming day. Looks like we'll have to steer for a weeknight meeting (my wife's gonna kill me!)

I'm going to put up a poll to decide when the first kick-off meeting should be held.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Perhaps a Monday night meeting, in lieu of (or just prior to, depending on the length) the CoC/Orpheus game...? Seems like a lot of people on the boards go there.

Just a thought. :)
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

well, not this week. I'm going to be showing up on monday at about 7... I'm just about to start finals week.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="smartmonkey"]well, not this week. I'm going to be showing up on monday at about 7... I'm just about to start finals week.[/quote]

Yeah the problem with that is usually I just barely make it there in time to play!

opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Okay...no one has mentioned getting together on a Sunday. I know most of us use it to assage our relationships but in order to actually do this, we are going to have to make a few sacrifices. If we aren't willing to give up game time for a game convention then we are going to have to give up some other type of time. It t'ain't gonna get done by itself. :roll: