Meet THIS SATURDAY October 22

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Meet THIS SATURDAY October 22

Post by Neuro » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:04 pm

This Saturday, October 22, there will be a bonfire at fiesta island.

http://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-recrea ... land.shtml

You can find the rpg-sandiego folks by looking for the Very Tall red toyota truck and the Jolly Roger that we will fly. We will begin things at 2 pm.

Winter and I are bringing wood, which means we can't bring our grill. Mordraine is bringing his grill, but he warns us that it does not fit a bunch of stuff at once. If anyone else would like to bring a grill, please do so. PM me or respond to the thread and we'll plan accordingly. If others have trucks and would also like to bring wood (No painted pallets, please), that would be excellent. You can never have too much stuff to burn.

Everyone should please bring his or her own entree to grill if he or she doesn't want hot dogs. I'll provide a few packages of hot dogs and buns and skewers for roasting over the fire, along with the expected condiments and trash bags for the cleanup.

Please be aware that GLASS IS NOT PERMITTED on Fiesta Island. By all means, BYOB, but bring it in cans, plastic bottles, or whatever you'd like to pour it in that is not glass.

If you would like to bring food to share, please say something so that people will know that someone is already bringing it. Ideas for things to share include salads, chips, dessert, soda, breads, fruit, beans, other vegetable dishes. (And if a hot dog is your cup of tea, or you just want to bring your steak to grill, that's fine, too.)

While I know that it's a bad weekend for some of us, particularly most lamentably for Kuld as it was his request to begin with, this weekend is probably our last chance at an outdoor meet until spring and warm weather return to us. I hope to see many of you there. Feel free to bring friends and family. For those who couldn't make it, I propose something indoors later in the season - a pub crawl or something for interested parties. If you don't drink, great - we'll need designated drivers :)

Post and let us know if you can make it! (And if you don't know until the last minute, by all means show up then.)
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson

mordraine

Post by mordraine » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:29 pm

Since no-one's said anything at all, would it be a good idea to postpone the meet-up until next spring, for warmer weather?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:32 pm

Might be a good idea. I'm still iffy on whether I can make it anyways.
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:37 pm

Nah, there are a few people from here who've RSVPd privately, we've got a bunch of other people going. Should be a small gathering, but nice.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:49 pm

I'll be there regardless.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:50 pm

I won't be there regardless. :wink:

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!

Andok
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Andok » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:52 pm

Don't cancel it! I'm bringing some of my conservative friends so we can all debate politics face to face. :naughty:

Edit: J/K of course
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. ~ Euripides

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:06 pm

Well, it doesn't do any good to RSVP in private. How are the rest of us supposed to know who's coming and who's bringing what?
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.

opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:14 pm

I am undecided....regardless.

(Actually, my wife is ill and if she is up for it we will show but if not...)
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:36 pm

[quote="Gotetsu"]Well, it doesn't do any good to RSVP in private. How are the rest of us supposed to know who's coming and who's bringing what?[/quote]

At this point, it's deeply uncoordinated. I would bring whatever you want to bring for you if you want to show up, but I don't know if we'll have a grill at this point - I think Mord's feeling pretty worn out. So I'm gonna roast stuff over the open fire and be happy about it.

mordraine

Post by mordraine » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:13 pm

Alright, alright, I'ma comin'. Grill will be there.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:18 pm

I'll be coming straight from work at about three - well, I'll be down after work, after stealing some pallets and buying some beer.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:46 pm

me and my fiance will be a little late, but we'll definitely be there!

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:53 am

I may come.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:47 am

Fire, beer, strippers. A good time was had by all. It was lovely to see everyone who came out. You early birds missed a good show, let me tell you.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:48 am

Strippers??? DAMMIT!!! :evil:

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:23 am

[quote="Gotetsu"]Strippers??? DAMMIT!!! :evil:[/quote]

It barely misted on us and we had a really great fire. Lots of hot dogs, sausages, burgers, and s'mores. When it started to get late, some folks departed and others went on to O'Brien's. As it turns out, they were having a little beer festival. I discovered a beer that tastes like fizzy balsamic vinegar (which I love) and went incredibly well with their garlic fries. O'Brien's happens to be very close to Cheetahs, which is right next to another bar. Get your hand stamped at Cheetahs and you can wander back and forth between the two with drunken impunity.