damage...

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
mordraine

damage...

Post by mordraine »

Hey everyone,

I just today noticed that the window in the upstairs bathroom is broken. My wife is seriously pissed. Now I don't really care who did it or anything, but if you guys aren't gonna be more careful, I don't know if I can hold any of the one-shot all-day meet-up things again. Kinda sucks.

Anyway, sorry if I sound pissed. I'm not really. Just bummed.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I'm sorry to hear about that. I wasn't aware of anyone actually even going upstairs. But, either way, sometimes we need a reminder to be careful. I know I'm pretty clumsy. I'm just glad I didn't break anything! :)
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Wow, that really sucks, Mord. :( Just let me know if there's anything I can do.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

My wife just called me. Apparently it's gonna cost something like $250 to fix it! shit.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

Hey, I'm willing to kick in a few bucks to defray the costs...you know, "for the use of the hall" so to speak. Post your mailing address and I will send a check. I'm sure others of us will also....
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

So I've been mulling this over for the past couple of hours, and decided to go ahead and speak my mind.

I'm very disappointed in whoever did this, not because they broke something (accidents happen all the time), but because they lacked the courage to own up to it. Mordraine was nice enough to open his house to a bunch of strangers, and frankly I think that kicks ass. It's complete bullshit to repay the favor like this.

If you did this, I'd highly recommend you man up and take responsibility. Nobody's gonna be pissed so long as things get taken care of, and more to the point you'll be showing that the forum isn't just a bunch of immature cowards.
Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

Yeah. $20 a head should about cover it. I'm down with that. Do you have any idea how it happened? I’d like to think whoever did it didn’t realize it happened.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I'd be willing to chip in also. That really sucks! :(
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="Wintermute"]So I've been mulling this over for the past couple of hours, and decided to go ahead and speak my mind.

I'm very disappointed in whoever did this, not because they broke something (accidents happen all the time), but because they lacked the courage to own up to it. Mordraine was nice enough to open his house to a bunch of strangers, and frankly I think that kicks ass. It's complete bullshit to repay the favor like this.

If you did this, I'd highly recommend you man up and take responsibility. Nobody's gonna be pissed so long as things get taken care of, and more to the point you'll be showing that the forum isn't just a bunch of immature cowards.[/quote]

dude. you're absolutely right, winter.

mord, i am so sorry. i didn't think it would be that noticeable. i went upstairs when the bathroom downstairs was occupied. tried to open the stuck window and heard a faint crack. didn't know it was broken. i didn't see any cracks in the glass. i am so so sorry! please extend my apologies to your wife. i had no idea.

i'm a little strapped right now, but i can repay you back little by little. sorry again...

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I'll help ya JC with what i got, which isn't much. I am sadly disappointed :(
Jake

Post by Jake »

Good for you. It takes guts to fess up like that. And I was thinking there’s a good chance that the crack expanded and wasn’t noticeable until after a few days and nights of heating and cooling.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

I'm glad you came clean, man. Jake makes a good point, and maybe I overreacted a bit. You should've probably told Mord about it when it happened, but again, it sounds like you didn't see any cracks or anything, so I probably wouldn't have, either. If you're strapped, I'd be willing to loan you a few bucks.
opwunder
Gritty Gunslinger

Post by opwunder »

I'm good for $20.00. Just let me know where to send it!
A writer is congenitally unable to tell the truth and that is why we call what he writes fiction. – William Faulkner
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

You guys are all great for offering, but I really can't take your money. Especially since...

APRIL FOOL'S!!!!!

(and thanks to jimmy corrigan and winter for helping out!)
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Good one! :D
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="mordraine"]You guys are all great for offering, but I really can't take your money. Especially since...

[size=200]APRIL FOOL'S!!!!![/size]
[/quote]

That was fricken funny...

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Then I take it you haven't found the window I did break?
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

hot damn that was fun. you shoulda seen the look on your avatar.
Jake

Post by Jake »

Next time I'm showing up with a pocket full of rocks you SOB.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="Jake"]Next time I'm showing up with a pocket full of rocks you SOB.[/quote]yeah, me too! it's a real bitch trying to open your windows by hand. i think they're painted shut er something. you SOB.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Actually, it's SAAB. My favorite car.

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Wow. Y'know what would have added -that- much more realism? If y'all had blamed it on me.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."