cthulhu's THS session 1 sign-up

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

Neuro and I would both like to sign up for this game.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Me!
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I would like to sign up for thia one as well
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

oooh! oooh! [/arm raised in arnold horshack manner]
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

A group between three and six would work best for what I have planned. I'll start another thread for characters and setting information this weekend. Since it's a one shot, I'm taking the opportunity to use high powered (300 pt) characters.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

By my count that's five - put me down as the sixth for this one please.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

The Characters:

Tabitha Snow, Argus Society Reporter

Tabitha's parents began pushing her towards show business since before she was born. Her parents, wealthy London Socialites, paid a small fortune for an Ishtar upgrade. This guaranteed a child well suited for careers as actors, models and pop-stars. Her parents were not pleased when she pursued investigative reporting as her profession. When she began to work for the Argus Society, they stopped talking to her. Tabitha is an intelligent, dedicated, and a rising star within The Argus Society. Like most Ishtars, she is very competitive and prone to jealousy.

Ruben Valente, Argus Society Security
When the Pacific War seemed inevitable, the Peruvian government offered free genetic upgrades to expectant mothers in exchange for guaranteed military service from the child when they were “fit enough to serve”. What most citizens did not realize was that the upgrade made their children strong healthy adults in less than a decade. Ruben's family was too poor to refuse, and so he was among the first nation to receive the Orion Genetic Upgrade. When Ruben went through boot camp at age 9, we was already over 6' tall. He fought briefly in the war, and was discharged at age 14. Having no real connection to his family, Ruben traveled the world for years taking odd jobs. He is currently works for the Argus Society, protecting their reporters on more dangerous assignments. Ruben is tall, dark, and muscular, with strong Aztec features. All Peruvian Orion upgrades share these features.

Isaac, SAI-9 Artificial Intelligence
Issac was created as a robotics engineer for the Exogenesis Corporation. Exo was a progressive company, and treated its AI creations with the same respect as it human employees. Issac worked at Exo for only 10 months when the corporation was bought out by Nanodynamics. Issac's new owners were based in a country that regarded AI's as property. After the legal necessities of the buyout were finished, Nanodynamics planned to sell all Exogenesis assets and delete all AI's to prevent trade secrets from escaping. Before this could happen, Issac was contacted by Ezra Lombard. Ezra's organization helped Issac flee the company and helped remove the code that marked him property of Nanodynamics. Since this time, he has worked for Ezra to help others earn their freedom.

Ezra Lombard, Founder of SRM
Ezra Lombard was born in New York City in 1996. His parents were both lawyers, and he followed suit as soon as he was able. He was a lawyer in a fast changing world. He was very good at his job, and was involved in many high profile cases involving the new technologies that seemed to rush in as the 21st century. He became very involved in cases concerning the rights or the new forms of life that began to emerge. Bioroids, para-humans, ghosts and AI all fascinated him. He made many friends among them and often worked for free on their behalf While he was to young to be engineered at birth, he did live long enough to take advantage of the longevity treatments that developed in 2060's. Ezra now appears to be a healthy man in his early forties. After eighty years as a successful attorney he retired and founded the Sentient Rights Movement. He is now a world famous proponent of Non-human rights. With his considerable wealth backing it, the SRM makes steady progress towards giving all sentient beings the rights he feels they deserve.

Thomas Hunter, Experimental Bioroid
Thomas was born and raised as an assassin in a glass tank over a period of six months. He is an example of what many people fear about genetic engineering. He was made too different to quickly. Though super-human in many respects, can be unstable and dangerous if left unattended for two long. He was made to order in a triad body-shop for an customer Thomas never met. While being transported to his new master, the transport was seized by European Union customs. The seizure went badly, and Thomas was able to escape into the city undetected. The slave mentality engineered into him made life as a free man difficult and frightening. He met a few SRM members shortly after his escape, and latched onto their cause. Ezra is not thrilled about having an illegal bioroid assassin on his payroll, but feels it is better to have him there, in Robert's care, than roaming the streets.

Robert Carlisle, SRM Investigator/Doctor
Robert was engineered for brilliance. He graduated from a prestigious bio-tech university three years earlier than the average person, and was Immediately hired to work overseas in the Saudi Arabian governments bioroid program. He spent the next five years healing badly abused bioroid workers, and designing ways to allow them to take more punishment. Not long after he was caught faking bioroid deaths in order to get them out of the country. The local media pick up on the event and he was fired and his license to practice medicine was revoked. Fortunately, Ezra Lombard also saw these reports. The two became good friends and soon Ezra hired Robert to work for the SRM. Since then Robert has turned his knowledge towards investigation and is valuable member of the movement. Robert works mainly with Thomas Hunter, who he helps to overcome the damage inflicted on him by his creators.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Dibs on the chick, please :)
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Dibs on the Biohemrroid Thomas Hunter please
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I want to be Isaac, but only if I can serve drinks.

(Oh, also, I have zero familiarity with THS, so nearly all of the details of those descriptions went right over my head. Do we get a little primer on the day?)
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Yeah, there's a lot to take in for the setting. Someone wrote a pretty good THS intro on the GURPS site. I'll post it when I find it.

EDIT: Here it is
http://joesplace.typepad.com/THSintro.pdf
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

I'll take Ruben Valente.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I'll take Robert Carlisle - see you tomorrow.