gotetsu's L5R sign-up

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

edit: takes place during the first session.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Crap I already signed up for 2.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

This is the same one I was gonna do for the regular one-shots.

[quote]L5R – Call to Arms

Lord Hiruma Hanzo has been retired and living in a secluded retreat for years. His life of service to the Crab Clan has earned him a warrior’s rest. And so, with a small contingent of loyal samurai, he took up residence in the mountains north of the Crab Lands.

It has now been several months since Hanzo has made contact with the Court. When a weary and worn messenger finally arrived from his citadel, the situation became dire. Something has been terrorizing the villagers of the land. Attacks on the Citadel by hordes of Shadowlands creatures have become frequent occurrences.

Unfortunately, due to the war with Daigatsu, and the Four Winds, the Crab cannot afford to spare an armed contingent to handle the situation And so, Hida Kuon calls upon the Legion of the Jade Hand to help out. A small group of Legionnaires are dispatched.

Characters:

Hida Kando – (Crab Samurai) Among the strongest of the Hida, Kando is the epitome of a Crab samurai. His loyalty and prowess are above reproach. He favors the Tetsubo (a giant spiked club) in battle, but is also highly skilled with the Katana.

Hiruma Tadashi – (Crab Samurai) Tadashi is a very experienced scout among the Hiruma family, and his skills at tracking and stealth are beyond compare. He often uses a bow and ambush tactics, but is equally lethal in hand to hand.

Shiba Jokuni – (Phoenix Shugenja) The philosophical warrior and knowledge-seeker of the group, Jokuni is a somewhat jovial man. However, his skill in wielding the spells of the Phoenix make him a deadly adversary.

Doji Haiazu – (Crane Samurai) A master of the duel, Haiazu is a silent, contemplative warrior. He refuses to wear armor, and will often single out the most powerful warrior on the field to test his skill against.

Mirumoto Chikai – (Dragon Samurai) It is rumored that Chikai has Crab blood, for he possesses a berserker-like fury that is only matched by his skill in the two-sword fighting style. He is a rough and ready warrior, who has little patience for talk, and even less for those who will not fight.[/quote]

I can do it with no more than 5 players, but I need a minimum of 3.

"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

hey, i'm in on this one!
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Well, that's one! :lol:

Man, this means I'll be spending the entire day lookin' at Mord... :nono:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Well, that's one! :lol:

Man, this means I'll be spending the entire day lookin' at Mord... :nono:[/quote]

but... but... i'm so CUTE!

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="mordraine"]but... but... i'm so CUTE![/quote]

You're no Angelina Jolie.

"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Wintermute"][quote:e26ada92b4="mordraine"]but... but... i'm so CUTE![/quote]

You're no Angelina Jolie.[/quote:e26ada92b4]

no i'm exactly like angelina jolie. a male angelina jolie. i'm surprised you haven't noticed the resemblance!

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="mordraine"]no i'm exactly like angelina jolie. a male angelina jolie. i'm surprised you haven't noticed the resemblance![/quote]

I've always figured Plaidrhino was the male Angelina Jolie.

"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Wintermute"][quote:f6c81b0b74="mordraine"]no i'm exactly like angelina jolie. a male angelina jolie. i'm surprised you haven't noticed the resemblance![/quote]

I've always figured Plaidrhino was the male Angelina Jolie.[/quote:f6c81b0b74]

oops. i always get us mixed up.

i'm the male gwyneth paltrow.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

This is disturbing on so many levels.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

This is disturbing to me because in all of this, no one else has stepped up to play L5R... :(
chase

Post by chase »

If you don't mind the new guy, I'm in :)

I'd love to do an L5R game.

-c
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="chase"]If you don't mind the new guy, I'm in :)

I'd love to do an L5R game.

-c[/quote]

Sweet! That's 2. Hey, we were ALL new guys at one time. ;)

BTW, have you ever played L5R using AEG's 2nd edition rules? You don't have to have, I'm just curious.

chase

Post by chase »

Oh, heck yeah! I played the game in jr. high and high school, enthralled by japanese "culture" and samurai/shugenja. Ran it for a couple of buddies, too.

That being said, I can recall very few actual rules :)

I do have most of the clan books, a couple of adventure books, and the main one (back in Fresno atm) if you'd like me to bring some. Also, I've got the specialized character sheets somewhere- the ones that are brown-toned and have the fancy text/styling. If you don't have them, I'll grab 'em next time I go up and bring them with me. They rock :)

-c
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Very cool. :) I've actually been working on an Excel Character sheet that calculates some of the values (like insight and rank), and I'll be using those. But, you are more then welcome to bring the main book. That would be very cool. :)
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, since this is coming up soon, I would like to know which characters those of you who have signed up to play would like to run?

See the post near the top for the basic character descriptions.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i'd like to sign up for this, if'n it's alright with gotetsu o'course.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Absolutely! I needed at least one more player, and you are it! So, which character would you like to play? :)
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

mirumoto chikai looks like fun.

a word of warning: i've never played l5r so you'll have to excuse the many rules and setting questions i am sure will crop up during play.

and thanks for taking me on relatively short notice.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I recommend checking out the official site, particularly this page and the page that follows it. The other pages on this site will help as well.

But in-game questions are fine. :)