Is April 24 official?

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Is April 24 official?

Post by Drew »

If so I can actually go this year...
In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Drew"]If so I can actually go this year...[/quote]

Holy shit that is cool!

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

yes it is office
Savage Slacker
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Savage Slacker »

Awesome that April 24th is confirmed. I'm looking forward to my first Hyph! What does the schedule tend to look like? I know the actual voting for games isn't complete yet, but what times are the games usually held?
Lights! Camera! Action! Roll 'em!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Doors open at 11am. Typically the first session starts around noon or 1. But as close to noon as we can get it. That'll last four hours. Then there's typically an hour break. So the second session will start between 5 and 6 and run another four hours. Everything should wrap up by 10pm at the latest. Some folks hang around for late-late games, which are usually off-the-cuff. I've been known to run DRYH on occasion. Other people bring other stuff.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

And don't forget that this year will be the first time we do Day 2, board games!

-Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Yes! Board-game Day! w00t! Doors will open at 11am for that one too. Game times will be much more loose however. And we'll probably end earlier than 10pm too. But we'll play it by ear.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
shockvalue
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by shockvalue »

It'll be my first HypenCon, and only second con ever. And I'll be bringing a friend, if there's room. So, you know, woot!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Of course there's room! I hope, anyway. Mord's is a big office. My only concern is having enough games to accommodate all those players. There's a chance we may have to call in one of the alternates!
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Drew »

well, it's been a while since I've gamed.... we still use dice right? :)
In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Drew"]well, it's been a while since I've gamed.... we still use dice right? :)[/quote]

Maybe.

-Chris

Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
shockvalue
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by shockvalue »

[quote="devlin1"]Of course there's room! I hope, anyway. Mord's is a big office. My only concern is having enough games to accommodate all those players. There's a chance we may have to call in one of the alternates![/quote]

We're coming mainly for the Danger Patrol game, but I can always be talked into a Savage Worlds game of any stripe.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="shockvalue"]We're coming mainly for the Danger Patrol game, but I can always be talked into a Savage Worlds game of any stripe.[/quote]

The current poll indicates that a stripe of Savage Worlds will be happening, so you're in luck.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Savage Slacker
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Savage Slacker »

Lucky Savages! :2guns:
Savage Slacker
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Savage Slacker »

[quote="devlin1"]Of course there's room! I hope, anyway. Mord's is a big office. My only concern is having enough games to accommodate all those players. There's a chance we may have to call in one of the alternates![/quote]

Someone who is familiar with 'In a Wicked Age' should keep that game in their back pocket for some truly impromptu badassery.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Savage Slacker"]Someone who is familiar with 'In a Wicked Age' should keep that game in their back pocket for some truly impromptu badassery.[/quote]

Our go-to is usually DRYH, actually. I'm not sure if any of us even own IAWA -- which is too bad, because I'd really like to check it out somehow.

Mike Olson
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="devlin1"]Our go-to is usually DRYH, actually. I'm not sure if any of us even own IAWA -- which is too bad, because I'd really like to check it out somehow.[/quote]

I have it and read it. Not exactly sure how to run it but I think there are enough games that we won't have worry about another one.

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Savage Slacker"]Someone who is familiar with 'In a Wicked Age' should keep that game in their back pocket for some truly impromptu badassery.[/quote]

Sound like this needs to be a one shot!...after Hyphen is done

What do you think everyone?