Hyphen-Con: Executive Decisions

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Hyphen-Con: Executive Decisions

Post by devlin1 »

No, this isn't a pitch for a Shadowrun game or something. It's just that I posted an announcement re: Hyphen-Con, and in it I made some executive decisions.

If anyone has a problem with closing the date poll on the 7th, or with a March 14th deadline for game submissions, please let me know and we'll work it out. We need to start setting some deadlines for this stuff so it doesn't drag out forever.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="devlin1"]No, this isn't a pitch for a Shadowrun game or something. It's just that I posted an announcement re: Hyphen-Con, and in it I made some executive decisions.

If anyone has a problem with closing the date poll on the 7th, or with a March 14th deadline for game submissions, please let me know and we'll work it out. We need to start setting some deadlines for this stuff so it doesn't drag out forever.[/quote]

This works for me.

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Why not just make everything for the 7th
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Skyman"]Why not just make everything for the 7th[/quote]

I dunno -- two weeks seems like a nice round number. I figure if we close submissions on the 14th, we have 10 days to do the two rounds of voting. Do you think we need more than 10 days? Maybe we need more than 10 days.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="devlin1"]Maybe we need more than 10 days.[/quote]

my thought exactly

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Skyman"]my thought exactly[/quote]

Okay, then we'll go with that: All games in by March 7, Round 1 of voting begins March 8th, Round 2 begins March 14th and ends March 21st.

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm starting to get curious as to how many people will be showing up this year. Will we have to have four games per session this time? Kinda sounds like it. Will the Kore orifices even be big enough? Hope so!!

Assuming a full compliment of 6 players each game, plus GM, we're talking 21 folks for 3 games per session, or 28 folks for 4 games per session.

I think we might have to plan for 4 games per session plus two alternates. Thoughts?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]I think we might have to plan for 4 games per session plus two alternates. Thoughts?[/quote]

I don't see any indication that attendance would jump by that much. It'd be cool, but we haven't even had half that many replies to the date poll. Still, we'll see how many people vote for games (counting voters here, not votes) -- that'll give us a better idea of what to plan for.

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Last year we had 24 people. The second session had to accomodate a 4th game. 28 is only 4 more than last year. Morgan, Sayler, your other LA gaming buddies... Could happen.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]
I think we might have to plan for 4 games per session plus two alternates. Thoughts?[/quote]

No way of telling how many people might show up. Hopefully the RSVP thread will help but we can plan for 4 games each session. I believe there were four games in session two last year (Trans Space, D&D4, Kung Fu Fate, In Space).

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
shockvalue
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by shockvalue »

I'd like to drive down from LA to make it, especially if I can get in on the Danger Patrol game. How do I sign up? Whose palm do I have to grease?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="shockvalue"]I'd like to drive down from LA to make it, especially if I can get in on the Danger Patrol game. How do I sign up? Whose palm do I have to grease?[/quote]

Oh, our palms are greasy enough, I think. If you drive down from LA, you're guaranteed* to get in the Danger Patrol game. I mean, if you get there early enough -- probably sometime late-morning. How's that?

If you're interested in playing anything else besides that, there's still a chance to make your voice heard. We're all very democratic here, y'know. [url=http://rpg-sandiego.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10775]Check out the tie-breaker poll and vote for two games.[/url] It ends at midnight tomorrow (essentially), so get on it.

*[SIZE="1"][i]Not a guarantee.[/i][/SIZE]

Mike Olson