anybody up for trading books at hyphen con?

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.
jimmy corrigan

anybody up for trading books at hyphen con?

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i just know you guys out there have unloved books gathering dust on your shelves that someone else might actually put to use. i know this wasn't wildly successful last year or anything, but i have a feeling it being the first time we did it, there just wasn't enough time for word to spread and it wasn't very visible at the actual con (i'll bring a sign or something this time).

i'm bringing the following books:

gurps basic set 3rd edition
true20 pocket player's guide
gamma world d20 player's handbook

i might bring some graphic novels, too. what're you bringing?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I have copies of the Testament D20 book and Eisner's The Plot I'm looking to get rid of.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

sweet! i'll take 'em. i lent my copies to someone, but i can't remember who.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I actually have some books that I agreed to give to some people from here that I believe are going to be at Hyphon-con this year, so I'll be bringing those. If I haven't managed to sell my massive amount of books I'm trying to get rid of before then, I'll bring a few choice morsels of 3.0 and 3.5 D&D goodness.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

awesome!
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

I might have some books. Let me get around to looking about. EDIT off the top of my head I'm pretty sure I have Serenity at home somewhere (I'm not at home at the moment) but I've been wanting to get rid of it. I like Unisystem more, and have Eden Studios Presents issue one so its a non-issue. I've got two copies of Unknown Armies 2nd edition core (only need one). I've also got a few old WOD White Wolf books (Vampire, Hunter the Reckoning, Werewolf, Mage) and some other stuff I don't use anymore. WEG Tales from the Crypt, WEG Ghostbusters box sets.

I'm still interested in bits of 3.5, I know a berkeley girl who would appreciate them as well as obscure indie stuff. I also have some Green Arrow comics by Kevin Smith, and some other random stuff. Star Wars novels etc.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

hey pk, if nobody's claimed it, i'd like to take first crack at that copy of serenity and owod mage. i have the above mentioned books for trade or perhaps something else from my shelves if those don't suit you.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mrlost"]I'm still interested in bits of 3.5, I know a berkeley girl who would appreciate them [/quote]
Well, I have some 3.X stuff I really don't give a shit about anymore. I'll bring it, in all likelihood.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Well, I lucked out today and got rid of almost all the 3.x stuff I wanted to get rid off in exchange for the PHB2 and some Dungeon Tiles, and an emense peace of mind.

However, I still have a ton of Dungeons, Dragons and a few copies of Star Wars gamer from the 3.0 era if anyone is interested in those.

Chris
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

star wars gamer magazines? i'd be interested in taking a look at those. thanks.
ekomega
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by ekomega »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Well, I lucked out today and got rid of almost all the 3.x stuff I wanted to get rid off in exchange for the PHB2 and some Dungeon Tiles, and an emense peace of mind.

However, I still have a ton of Dungeons, Dragons and a few copies of Star Wars gamer from the 3.0 era if anyone is interested in those.

Chris[/quote]

Where/how did you do this? As you know, I have 9 or 10 3rd edition books that I must abandon post-haste, and there are no biting fish here on the boards.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="ekomega"]Where/how did you do this? As you know, I have 9 or 10 3rd edition books that I must abandon post-haste, and there are no biting fish here on the boards.[/quote]
Game Empire still take that stuff?

Mike Olson
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="devlin1"]Game Empire still take that stuff?[/quote]

Yup. But, don't call in advance. Show up in person with your books, and they won't try to weasle out of taking them. They will, however, jack you on what they pay for the books, but as long as your goal is just to get rid of them, and not to make any real money on them, then it's all good.

Chris

mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Well I looked and looked. I can't seem to find Serenity or Ghostbusters. I found Tobin's Spirit Guide but its not quite the same. I did however find Tale from the Crypt, Aberrant, and Adventure!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

aw. i'm willing to wait for serenity, if you ever do find it. just let me know. what edition of adventure! do you have?
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

w00t! that was mighty fine tradin', lemme tell you. thanks to cczernia, blanchprez, cthulhu, mordraine, mrlost, redfox, and whoever i've left off that participated this year. i look forward to poring over my new trades!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Yeah, the trading was awesome, and I picked up some games I've been wanting for some time, including Unknown Armies!

Chris
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

The exhibitor's hall was a success!
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!