Hyphen Con 09: RSVP Now!

Also known as 'The Hyph' or the more wordy 'rpg-sandiego all-day meet-up'. This is the place to discuss everything related to our yearly November mini-con.

Will you be coming to Hyphen Con '09?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:25 am

Maybe
74%
Maybe
5%
Maybe
21%

Total votes: 19

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I had a great time and thanks to everyone for making The Hyph such an awesome success!
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Awesome time everyone. We had record attendance and games this year. And the trades actually worked this time around!

Had a blast in both games. Thank you Mord for running OD&D and making it a lot of fun. I feel like I've earned a merit badge for both being TPKed and grognard gaming.

And thanks to Cthulhu for running Transhuman Space. He came up with some brilliant character concepts (the uplifted octopus great) , made GURPS fun, and kept the game interesting.

My only regret was not getting to play in the other games. Looking forward to next year.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="Skyman"][color="red"]Disclaimer for the Star Trek game![/color]

It was [SIZE="5"]not Jimmy Corrigans fault [/SIZE]it ran for so long. It was the players getting into character and having fun. You can't stop the fun!!!![/quote]
[i]yeah.[/i]

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Skyman was walking naked through aliens, we sure as hell weren't gonna tell him time was up.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Skyman"][color="red"]Disclaimer for the Star Trek game![/color]

It was [SIZE="5"]not Jimmy Corrigans fault [/SIZE]it ran for so long. It was the players getting into character and having fun. You can't stop the fun!!!!

That was hilarious[/quote]

[size=167]No way. It was totally Jimmy Corrigan's fault.[/size]

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
JALU3
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by JALU3 »

Maybe we can follow this up with a meet up @ SDCC or go to a Padres Game together.
"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." -Sloan, Section Thirty-One
DeviantArt Our Myspace WoW AMV Playlist MAL Support US Servicemembers
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="mordraine"][size=167]No way. It was totally Jimmy Corrigan's fault.[/size][/quote]

Wow your rectum opened wide enough for your head to post. I hope your using preparation H

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="JALU3"]Maybe we can follow this up with a meet up @ SDCC or go to a Padres Game together.[/quote]

There have been bonfire meet-ups in the past at Fiesta Island. They usually happen late summer. Look for it!

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Skyman"]Wow your rectum opened wide enough for your head to post. I hope your using preparation H[/quote]

Hmmm, perhaps you're right.

[size=167]It was totally Skyman's fault.[/size]

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Incidentally, I posted all the pictures I took on my Facebook page. I will work on getting them shrunk down for posting here, but in the meantime, if you're not friends with me on Facebook yet, why the fuck not?!?
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Because FB is for girls ;)
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]Incidentally, I posted all the pictures I took on my Facebook page. I will work on getting them shrunk down for posting here, but in the meantime, if you're not friends with me on Facebook yet, why the fuck not?!?[/quote]
Y'know what's bullshit? Facebook won't let me tag the pictures of the finger puppets. Bullshit!

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Neuro"]Because FB is for girls ;)[/quote]

Well, I hate to point out the obvious but... you're one of those so you have no excuse.

mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

[quote="Neuro"]Because FB is for girls ;)[/quote]
What's wrong with that?:mrgreen:

Wait, wait, there are also some women on it, gay men, and some nerds. Much better than Facebook's demographic, musicians excepted, obviously.

EDIT: I'm just bummed my digital camera is teh suck, otherwise I'd totally post picts of my hella hot new outfits like 24/7, dudette. NeoRetro Edwardian is so in right now! OMG can you believe it?

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

BTW, for everyone that was a fan of the rubber monster finger puppets, this is where I got them:

http://www.mcphee.com/
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

[quote="mordraine"]Well, I hate to point out the obvious but... you're one of those so you have no excuse.[/quote]

Congratulations, you passed your turing test. I do have a FB account, but not in my name and with no personal info. I think that kind of broad info sharing is... creepy.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="mordraine"]Hmmm, perhaps you're right.

[size=167]It was totally Skyman's fault.[/size][/quote]

Fuck yeah bitch!

There is no time limit to my naked role playing in ectoplasmic jello...

Oh yeah I just went there and you read it. Enjoy those images of my bjorran pink biscuits glistening in the planarium of pwnage

Sadohara
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Sadohara »

I don't know what any of this means.

And proves my point to Jimmy Corrigan about playing anything related to Star Trek.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

ha ha!
JALU3
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by JALU3 »

[quote="Sadohara"]I don't know what any of this means.

And proves my point to Jimmy Corrigan about playing anything related to Star Trek.[/quote]

And what point is that?

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." -Sloan, Section Thirty-One
DeviantArt Our Myspace WoW AMV Playlist MAL Support US Servicemembers
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Neuro"]Congratulations, you passed your turing test.[/quote]

I've been told I'm very human like, so that's a relief.

(oh, BTW, I ran into your facebook page before, but thought you never went so didn't add you as a friend, should I rectify that?)

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="JALU3"]And what point is that?[/quote]pay no mind to him, jalu3. it's an inside joke of sorts between sadohara and i. sadohara has an irrational fear of games with franchised or otherwise licensed setting material (except for amber, for some unknowable reason), especially sci-fi. he's a weirdy.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]pay no mind to him, jalu3. it's an inside joke of sorts between sadohara and i. sadohara has an irrational fear of games with franchised or otherwise licensed setting material (except for amber, for some unknowable reason), especially sci-fi. he's a weirdy.[/quote]

wait, THAT'S why you think he's a weirdy???!??

**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.