Olympus game

An assortment of game systems and genres. One night only.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, so I'm not sure when I'll be ready to run this, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I recently picked up Relics and Rituals: Olympus, and I am totally diging this setting. Think of it as Greek Myths doen with D&D. So, I want to run a one-shot of this (I'd love to run a campaign of this, actually, but I'll start with the one shot).

So, here's the story.

In the land of Helena, there sits a great city, Poseidenus. Legends tell of how the city was created by two great heroes, a human warrior named Dextor, and a sea elf sailor named Exionmadros. These two were brought to the land where Posidenus would be built by the great god Poseidon himself. The god of the sea then aided the two in building a mighty city-state. In the time sense, Poseidenus has grown into a major trade port, and houses many people from all the major races.

Recently, a rival city-state to the south, Volun, has declared war against Poseidenus for what they declare is the great hubris of the sea god’s city. Though many heroes arrived to aid the great city, and aid from the city of Selena, a sea elf city ally, Poseidenus is loosing the battle, and is about to come under siege by the Volun army. Now, a small group of heroes must band together to find a way to save their city from certain destruction.

Anyone interested?

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Can my character have a clockwork owl?
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="devlin1"]Can my character have a clockwork owl?[/quote]

Ummmm... no.

Chris

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Ooh, sorry. That's a deal-breaker. :P
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

The Antikytherans would be so disappointed.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Neuro"]The Antikytherans would be so disappointed.[/quote]
Not to mention Harry Hamlin.

Mike Olson
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

This could be cool, I'd try it. By the way Antikytherans is a "google whack" (a search that produces only one result for you non-geeks).
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I'd play this! I would LOVE to play a demigod character (like Hercules), but a mortal would be cool too. ;)

Can I have a ship called the Argo? With a hand-picked crew of warriors? :twisted:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

[quote="Cthulhu"]This could be cool, I'd try it. By the way Antikytherans is a "google whack" (a search that produces only one result for you non-geeks).[/quote]

Try searching on 'Antikythera device'. Just about the coolest thing to ever be found lying around under the ocean.

"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Agreed. Always knew those Ancients (capital "A") were up to something....
Mike Olson
Eorin Silverleaf
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Eorin Silverleaf »

I have got to be a Celt. I could not be a roman or greek pansy!
Happy Hunting
Eorin
President Skroob: Sandurz, Sandurz, you have got to help me, I don't know what to do I can't make decisions! I am a president
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Eorin Silverleaf"]I have got to be a Celt. I could not be a roman or greek pansy![/quote]

Except that there were no Celts in Greek myths (or Romans, for that matter).

Chris

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

So, in between the jokes and references to bad movies, is anyone other than Gotetsu and Cthulhu interested in this?

Chris
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BlanchPrez"][quote:81ab1a5834="Eorin Silverleaf"]I have got to be a Celt. I could not be a roman or greek pansy![/quote]

Except that there were no Celts in Greek myths (or Romans, for that matter).

[/quote:81ab1a5834]

or elves for that matter. :P

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="cczernia"]or elves for that matter. :P[/quote]

True. But I can throw elves into the game and still keep a Greek feel. A celt would just be wierd.

;)

Chris

BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

[quote="BlanchPrez"][quote:4a2dd7922b="cczernia"]or elves for that matter. :P[/quote]

True. But I can throw elves into the game and still keep a Greek feel. A celt would just be wierd.

]

Aren't Greek Elves redundant?

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Elves were Norse, weren't they? As were Dwarves. Who's gonna a run a Norse Game? :D
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]So, in between the jokes and references to bad movies, is anyone other than Gotetsu and Cthulhu interested in this?

Chris[/quote]

Ok, the only movies referenced were [i]Clash of the Titans [/i]and [i]Jason and the Argonauts[/i]. Which one was "bad"? :?

And if Cthulhu and I are the only ones, we could do the "Hercules and Aeolus" thing. :D

Or maybe Xena and Gabriel. :shock:

BreakfastOfChampions

[quote="Gotetsu"][quote:7700a03a21="BlanchPrez"]So, in between the jokes and references to bad movies, is anyone other than Gotetsu and Cthulhu interested in this?

Chris[/quote]

Ok, the only movies referenced were [i]Clash of the Titans [/i]and [i]Jason and the Argonauts[/i]. Which one was "bad"? :?

And if Cthulhu and I are the only ones, we could do the "Hercules and Aeolus" thing. :D

Or maybe Xena and Gabriel. :shock:[/quote:7700a03a21]

I liked both those movies. Lots of good high adventure with not much thought to it.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Elves were Norse, weren't they? As were Dwarves. Who's gonna a run a Norse Game? :D[/quote]
One of the best games I ever played in was set in mythic Scandinavia. Where else could I play a naked, one-armed berserker? Thank you, Rolemaster.

Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Ok, the only movies referenced were [i]Clash of the Titans [/i]and [i]Jason and the Argonauts[/i]. Which one was "bad"? :?
[/quote]

Maybe he was referring to the movie references as being bad, not the movies themselves... :?:

8)

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="mordraine"][quote:b6625198fb="Gotetsu"]Ok, the only movies referenced were [i]Clash of the Titans [/i]and [i]Jason and the Argonauts[/i]. Which one was "bad"? :?
[/quote]

Maybe he was referring to the movie references as being bad, not the movies themselves... :?:

8)[/quote:b6625198fb]

[quote="BlanchPrez"]So, in between the jokes and [b]references to bad movies[/b][/quote]

Nope! He called 'em bad movies. The heathen. :evil:

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Clash of the TItans was the movie I was refering to, and while I liked that movie over all, the fact that it had mechanical owls in it really bugged me to no end.

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Literary Purist Snobbery. :P
BreakfastOfChampions

Just think of the mechanical owl as Twikki.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Clash of the TItans was the movie I was refering to, and while I liked that movie over all, the fact that it had mechanical owls in it really bugged me to no end.
[/quote]

[i]ONE [/i]mechanical owl! Saying it had "mechanical [i]owls[/i]" is a gross mischaracterization!

Mike Olson
BreakfastOfChampions

There was a whole flock of them!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

No... was there? I don't remember that. You lie!
Mike Olson
BreakfastOfChampions

No. But had ya going.

Medusa kicked ass, even if she's just some claymation filled with jello.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="BreakfastOfChampions"]Medusa kicked ass, even if she's just some claymation filled with jello.[/quote]

Hey! She was a Ray Harryhausen classic! :D

Speaking of old Ray, I know someone posted it before, but I love [url=http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/]this[/url]!