RPG-SanDiego.org Forums
http://rpg-sandiego.org/forums/

Somebody Run a One-Shot of... Something!
http://rpg-sandiego.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8920
Page 1 of 1

Author:  devlin1 [ Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Somebody Run a One-Shot of... Something!

Hey there. An OC gamer friend of mine has made the move down to SDSU for his MFA in Writing, and I think it'd be pretty cool to introduce him to the RPG-SanDiego.org crowd with a one-shot of something. Of course, I'm not down there to run a one-shot of something myself, but if someone else has something in mind -- Firefly? AFMBE? CoC? A Dirty World? Fuckin'... TORG? -- to run, this seems like as good an excuse as any to get that going.

Wait, not A Dirty World, because I want to play that.

Mondays and Tuesdays seem to be best for this guy (he has late classes Wednesday and Thursday), so... y'know. There's that to take into consideration.

Most of his experience is with 3.5/4E D&D and a little Shadowrun. There is literally an entire world of RPGs out there he knows nothing about. All this indie shit that comes up in casual conversation around here ("Yeah, Shab al-Hiri Roach sounds cool" "I wonder if you could use Dogs for sci-fi?" "That reminds me of Sorcerer") is completely brand new and unknown to him. If that isn't a reason to try out a wacky game with a one-shot, I don't know what is.

Take this as a license to blow this guy's sheltered RPG mind.

His name's David.

Author:  mordraine [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:38 am ]
Post subject: 

Wow, wish I had the time to cook up something...

I remember the good ol' days when I had time to cook up something. Sigh.

Author:  SpaceMonkey [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hmm.. well I was considering running something this coming Monday, as my regular game is sans-GM, but I hadn't really gotten farther than that in the planning stage as of yet. I gets that 'decision paralysis' you know.. sometimes I needs a push in a decision type direction you know.

Author:  cczernia [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have been running a oneshot a month through sd-rpg meetup.

http://roleplayers.meetup.com/345/

Author:  devlin1 [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

dnd3eplayer wrote:
Hmm.. well I was considering running something this coming Monday, as my regular game is sans-GM, but I hadn't really gotten farther than that in the planning stage as of yet. I gets that 'decision paralysis' you know.. sometimes I needs a push in a decision type direction you know.

L5R?

Author:  SpaceMonkey [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

devlin1 wrote:
L5R?


I'll run it if Albert makes the pregens.

Author:  devlin1 [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

dnd3eplayer wrote:
I'll run it if Albert makes the pregens.

Well, he does love making new characters.

Author:  devlin1 [ Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

cczernia wrote:
I have been running a oneshot a month through sd-rpg meetup.

http://roleplayers.meetup.com/345/

Cool -- when's the next one? Are they always on weekends?

Author:  cczernia [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:13 am ]
Post subject: 

They have always been on the weekends but they don't have to be. So far I have ran:

Werewolf tF
WoD mortals
WoD Innocents
Shadowrun
Fading Suns (using Thousand Suns)

Next game will be "Mutants and Masterminds."

Author:  devlin1 [ Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:23 am ]
Post subject: 

cczernia wrote:
They have always been on the weekends but they don't have to be. So far I have ran:

Werewolf tF
WoD mortals
WoD Innocents
Shadowrun
Fading Suns (using Thousand Suns)

Next game will be "Mutants and Masterminds."

Cool. M&M would probably be a good game for him, actually, being a D20 offshoot.

Author:  devlin1 [ Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:12 am ]
Post subject: 

cczernia wrote:
Next game will be "Mutants and Masterminds."

I meant to ask you about this last weekend, but when are you doing this?

Author:  cczernia [ Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:01 am ]
Post subject: 

devlin1 wrote:
I meant to ask you about this last weekend, but when are you doing this?


I'm not sure yet. I have to find someone to host and usually discuss it at the rpg chat. It will be posted to the meetup calendar when it is set.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/