Fading Suns

An assortment of game systems and genres. One night only.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

I'll have a Fading Suns d20 adventure ready for next week. I would like to run it at Mord's but don't want to step on anyones toes (ie Thurs Hackmaster). So, I'm checking to see who is interested, and what day you can play (Tues or Weds, I have Conan on Thurs). I currently have 6 characters.

Also, if anyone else wants to run a one shot next week let me know.

And Mord, what days can we play at your house and do you think you'll be feeling better?
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="cczernia"]I'll have a Fading Suns d20 adventure ready for next week. I would like to run it at Mord's but don't want to step on anyones toes (ie Thurs Hackmaster). So, I'm checking to see who is interested, and what day you can play (Tues or Weds, I have Conan on Thurs). I currently have 6 characters.

Also, if anyone else wants to run a one shot next week let me know.

And Mord, what days can we play at your house and do you think you'll be feeling better?[/quote]

If you're talking next week the 8th, I really hope I'll be over whatever I've got by then. And I'm also up for a Fading Suns one-shot too.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]
If you're talking next week the 8th, I really hope I'll be over whatever I've got by then. And I'm also up for a Fading Suns one-shot too.[/quote]

Actually, I was thinking the 6 or 7th of next week, (playing Conan on the 8th).

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Oops... Didn't read yr entire message... *slap*

So, basically the Thursday one-shot group is kaput now?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]Oops... Didn't read yr entire message... *slap*

So, basically the Thursday one-shot group is kaput now?[/quote]

No, Blanch wanted to run a Hackmaster mini game on GE and I have Conan next Thursday. If it was this Thursday I'd have no problems except that it conflicts with Hackmaster.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I only suggested the Hackmaster game because no one seems to be doing anything with the Thursday group. I'd still like to run the Hackmaster game then, but I am currently short some players.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

So is Conan always on Thursdays then? I thought Uhlan was having it on Wednesdays?

(and er... sorry BlanchPrez, but I'm not super-duper interested in a Hackmaster mini-campaign at the mo..)

I'd say yes to this Thursday, but I doubt I'll be feeling good enough by then.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I don't have a problem with someone else running a game on Thursday's. Just like I don't have a problem with a game running on Wednesday (my regular game night). Like Chris, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't stepping on anyone's toes with the Hackmaster game.

And no problem about being interested in it, I didn't expect you to be anyway. ;)

Chris
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Not that I'm opposed to mini-campaigns/stories for the one-shot group. A 3-4 session story-arc would be cool.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="mordraine"]Not that I'm opposed to mini-campaigns/stories for the one-shot group. A 3-4 session story-arc would be cool.[/quote]

Yeah, well, it would probably be longer than that for the Hackmaster game. Probably closer to 6 to 8 sessions.

However, I would be willing to try out Eberron in a short 3-4 session game.

Chris

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I wouldn't mind changing one-shots to 3-4 session campaigns. They're more fun to write. Besides, we almost always had to cut them short to fit into one session anyway.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]So is Conan always on Thursdays then? I thought Uhlan was having it on Wednesdays?

I'd say yes to this Thursday, but I doubt I'll be feeling good enough by then.[/quote]

We have a revolving game with Star Wars on Wed, and Conan on Thursdays the opposite week.

I have two more character to create (this is the same characters I plan on using in a one-shot for Gamefest) and I probably won't have them finished until this weekend.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Cthulhu"]I wouldn't mind changing one-shots to 3-4 session campaigns. They're more fun to write. Besides, we almost always had to cut them short to fit into one session anyway.[/quote]

This was sort of what i had in mind with the double shot. However, to keep things smooth and in the spirit of the one shots I would stick with pregens and leave the games open, meaning that if you start a mini-campaign you might have different players each session. Though I would make a rule that anyone who played a character in the previous adventure gets first dibs on the character for the next adventure (opposite of what I did for Armageddon).

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

Basically its how the Champions runs games. A few sessions here, a few session there, though we do have chargen.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Yes I agree that pregens would still be in order. If we *do* have 3-4 session shots, I would want to use the same character throughout... That's just me though.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]Yes I agree that pregens would still be in order. If we *do* have 3-4 session shots, I would want to use the same character throughout... That's just me though.[/quote]

True, but since the one-shots are very open there is a good chance different people will show up through the sessions. You are start with character A... aka Albert for the first adventure. You can't make it to the second game due to a massive brain tumor. Some other punk ends up playing Albert the second week.

Third week both you and that punk show up wanting to play Albert. Since the punk played him in the previous session he gets him this week, and will have dibs on him until he doesn't play him one week. You think, maybe that brain tumor wasn't such a big deal.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

[quote="mordraine"]

If you're talking next week the 8th, I really hope I'll be over whatever I've got by then. And I'm also up for a Fading Suns one-shot too.[/quote]

Are you using VPS or D20?

Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

[quote="mordraine"]So is Conan always on Thursdays then? I thought Uhlan was having it on Wednesdays?

(and er... sorry BlanchPrez, but I'm not super-duper interested in a Hackmaster mini-campaign at the mo..)

I'd say yes to this Thursday, but I doubt I'll be feeling good enough by then.[/quote]

It's been on Thursdays. Hopefully my schedule holds out so I can keep it on the same day.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Lowly Uhlan"]Are you using VPS or D20?[/quote]

It will be d20 straight complete with AC, HP, and AoO. These are the characters I plan on using for Game Fest but it will be a different adventure.

So, to bring the thread back on track is there anyone interested in playing next Tuesday.

And Mord, if you can play do you want to host?

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

I was referring to mordraine's game. What system mord?

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Lowly Uhlan"]I was referring to mordraine's game. What system mord?[/quote]

eh? I wasn't putting forth a game yet. I was referring to Chris's Fading Suns game.

I was thinking my next one-shot would be either Changeling or Boot Hill...

Speaking of Chris's FS game, I need to find out if Tuesday is kosher with my wife before I know for certain if I'm yea or nay for next week. I like Thursdays cuz it's far enough removed from Mondays (my usual CoC/Orpheus night) that my wife doesn't feel like I'm monopolized. But perhaps one time she won't mind too much (especially if I host).

BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

One day, I want to run a Kult single or double shot. Definitely a different creepy.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Ok, I've decided to move the Fading Suns game to Thursday 7/8. Is anyone interested in playing then.

Mord, what about hosting than?

And just to possibly create some interest I have character descriptions.

Sir Heath Hawkwood (Questing Knight) - Heath has a lot to live up to as the 3rd son to Duke Alverex Hawkwood (the Emperor's uncle). He quickly made his way through the ranks to become a Questing Knight but some wonder if it was through skill or his family connection.

Alena Moreau (Charioteer) - Quick to react and fun to be around Alena has proved her skill behind the wheel of most vehicles. She is quick to gamble her savings away but is always their when her friends need her.

Maritus Augustus (Brother Battle) - Mariitus has spent most of his life on the barren planet of De Moley studiing the ways of the sword and teaching of Zebulon, The Prophet. Now he travles to space to serve the Emperor, Church and hopefully discover the missing part of his soul.

Satori Voltonda (Vuldrok) - Satori was raised on the planet of Leminkainin caught between two cultures. The culture of origins, the barbarian Vuldrok, and that of Known Worlds. She has joined Health in hopes of bringing the two closer together.

Ucil Ke'Milyn (Ukari) - of the strange and sometimes brutal aliens, the Ukar, Ucil uses his psychic abilities to assist his friends and possibly discover the truth of the legendary ancients which plague his dreams.

Kamo Tardansi (Imperial Recorder) - Sent to observe Heath's missions Kamo is testing the waters of unknown group and how to present the data. However, many mysterious surround Kamo as he seems to have other agendas.

Alena, Maritus, Heath, Kamo, Satori, Ucil
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="cczernia"]Ok, I've decided to move the Fading Suns game to Thursday 7/9. Is anyone interested in playing then.

[/quote]

You mean Thursday 7/8 right? This coming Thursday. Yes I can do that. That would be great! What happened to Conan?

I'm interested in Ucil Ke'Milyn or Kamo Tardansi.

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"][quote:cd4553e1cf="cczernia"]Ok, I've decided to move the Fading Suns game to Thursday 7/9. Is anyone interested in playing then.

[/quote]

You mean Thursday 7/8 right? This coming Thursday. Yes I can do that. That would be great! What happened to Conan?[/quote:cd4553e1cf]

Umm, yeah. That's what I get for typing this at 1:30 am :oops: Conan got moved to Wednesday due to Uhlan's schedule.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

For those of you who are saying "WTF is Fading Suns" here is a link to the quick start rules. You can ignore the rules but the first 10 pages give you a decent idea of the setting.

http://www.fadingsuns.com/Downloads/FSIntro2.pdf
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="cczernia"]For those of you who are saying "WTF is Fading Suns" here is a link to the quick start rules. You can ignore the rules but the first 10 pages give you a decent idea of the setting.

[url]http://www.fadingsuns.com/Downloads/FSIntro2.pdf[/url][/quote]

Actually, I'm saying "LOL OMG WTF??!!1!!1!!?" but I'll check those out anyway.

I'm partial to Maritus or Alena, myself.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Also, where is this place that we're gaming (directions?), and what time? I'm guessing from Mordaine's profile I'm Chula Vista bound tonight....
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Hi devlin... yes, I live in Chula Vista. I'll send you directions via PM.

Is anyone else joining us? Cthulhu? Infernus? Skyman? BlanchPrez?
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Oops, BlanchPrez is having his Hackmaster tonight, so no BlanchPrez, I can see that already. Anyone else?
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I'm also doing Hackmaster tonight. I think Infernus is too.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Yep, I am also doing the Hackmaster game.
Its never too early to be a bastard!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Well, damn. Not that I mind small groups or anything.

Hmm, that Hackmaster... that sounds pretty good.... :twisted:
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

So tonight is just me, cczernia and devlin1.

I'm assuming 7:00pm (okay Bloodwulf?). See ya then.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="mordraine"]So tonight is just me, cczernia and devlin1.

I'm assuming 7:00pm (okay Bloodwulf?). See ya then.[/quote]

I'll be there sexy

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Skyman"][quote:34ce8e9d4e="mordraine"]So tonight is just me, cczernia and devlin1.

I'm assuming 7:00pm (okay Bloodwulf?). See ya then.[/quote]

I'll be there sexy[/quote:34ce8e9d4e]

Most excellent. And kind of you to notice!

Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

[quote="devlin1"]Well, damn. Not that I mind small groups or anything.

Hmm, that Hackmaster... that sounds pretty good.... :twisted:[/quote]

They serve free nachos at hackmaster :twisted: :shock: :twisted:

Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

And you guys are probably playing FS as I write this, but the Hawkwood, Brother Battle and the Engineer are my creations, cczernia adapted them from a VPS FS demo I ran. Have fun.

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Lowly Uhlan"]And you guys are probably playing FS as I write this, but the Hawkwood, Brother Battle and the Engineer are my creations, cczernia adapted them from a VPS FS demo I ran. Have fun.[/quote]

Actually, their wasn't an Engineer in either game. However, the Charioteer was adapted. For those who played:

Heath Hawkwood

Alena Moreau

Maritus Augustus

were all characters from Uhlan's Fading Suns one shot he ran at Game Fest.

BTW - for those of you who played, any feedback, good or bad, would be nice since I'm running the same character (different adventure) at Game Fest.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

Engineer, Charioteer, whatever. No doubt the BEST pregen characters in San Diego. :P

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Hey, I liked my Brother Battle. He was fun. Fanatical to a fault, and also full-of-contempt-for-the-kingdoms-of-Man to a fault. I liked being a third level character who could throw the weight of the Church around like that.

Also... Cleave. :twisted:
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Lowly Uhlan"][quote:455e18c493="devlin1"]Well, damn. Not that I mind small groups or anything.

Hmm, that Hackmaster... that sounds pretty good.... :twisted:[/quote]

They serve free nachos at hackmaster :twisted: :shock: :twisted:[/quote:455e18c493]

Oh yeah? Not a bad deal!

That book... [i]To Serve Nachos[/i]... it's-- it's a [i]cookbook[/i]!"

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="devlin1"]Hey, I liked my Brother Battle. He was fun. Fanatical to a fault, and also full-of-contempt-for-the-kingdoms-of-Man to a fault. I liked being a third level character who could throw the weight of the Church around like that.

Also... Cleave. :twisted:[/quote]

Very nice indeed...that was fun. We didn't get to have people play the others. I liked my spy guy....One of my more restrained choices