L5R

An assortment of game systems and genres. One night only.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, for convenience I am reposting the info on my one-shot here:

L5R – Call to Arms

Lord Hiruma Hanzo has been retired and living in a secluded retreat for years. His life of service to the Crab Clan has earned him a warrior’s rest. And so, with a small contingent of loyal samurai, he took up residence in the mountains north of the Crab Lands.

It has now been several months since Hanzo has made contact with the Court. When a weary and worn messenger finally arrived from his citadel, the situation became dire. Something has been terrorizing the villagers of the land. Attacks on the Citadel by hordes of Shadowlands creatures have become frequent occurrences.

Unfortunately, due to the war with Daigatsu, and the Four Winds, the Crab cannot afford to spare an armed contingent to handle the situation And so, Hida Kuon calls upon the Legion of the Jade Hand to help out. A small group of Legionnaires are dispatched.

Characters:
Hida Kando – (Crab Samurai) Among the strongest of the Hida, Kando is the epitome of a Crab samurai. His loyalty and prowess are above reproach. He favors the Tetsubo (a giant spiked club) in battle, but is also highly skilled with the Katana.

Hiruma Tadashi – (Crab Samurai) Tadashi is a very experienced scout among the Hiruma family, and his skills at tracking and stealth are beyond compare. He often uses a bow and ambush tactics, but is equally lethal in hand to hand.

Shiba Jokuni – (Phoenix Shugenja) The philosophical warrior and knowledge-seeker of the group, Jokuni is a somewhat jovial man. However, his skill in wielding the spells of the Phoenix make him a deadly adversary.

Doji Haiazu – (Crane Samurai) A master of the duel, Haiazu is a silent, contemplative warrior. He refuses to wear armor, and will often single out the most powerful warrior on the field to test his skill against.

Mirumoto Chikai – (Dragon Samurai) It is rumored that Chikai has Crab blood, for he possesses a berserker-like fury that is only matched by his skill in the two-sword fighting style. He is a rough and ready warrior, who has little patience for talk, and even less for those who will not fight.

Players have spoken for these:
Hida Kando - Cthulhu
Hiruma Tadashi - Lowly Uhlan
Shiba-Jokuni - Count Zero (though I believe you said you can't play on Thurs, right CZ?)
Doji Haiazu - Foxbat
Mirumoto Chikai - Infernus

That leaves Shiba Jokuni questionable. I'm shooting for doing this on the 24th (next thursday).
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I'll play Hida if there's still room in the game. When are you running this?
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Next Thursday (the 24th). And if Mord isn't playing then it will be at GE.

Edited above post to reflect currnt status of characters. CZ, lemme know if you can't play so I can open that character for someone else.
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I can play that.

I will however, be (once AGAIN!) out of town this coming Thursday (6-16). Only up to Irvine, but still. No rest for the wicked. Don't know if there were any games planned for this Thursday anyway.

groan.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="mordraine"]I can play that.[/quote]

What? WHAT??? What can you play, man! Be specific! :D

Seriously, I think if we do next Thursday (which would be ideal) the Shugenja (magic-user) is open, as CZ can't do Thursdays (sorry, CZ :( ).

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Gotetsu"][quote:fa26bc9e45="mordraine"]I can play that.[/quote]

What? WHAT??? What can you play, man! Be specific! :D

Seriously, I think if we do next Thursday (which would be ideal) the Shugenja (magic-user) is open, as CZ can't do Thursdays (sorry, CZ :( ).[/quote:fa26bc9e45]

I was just saying I can play in the L5R game. I haven't actually read through the PC descriptions... *blush*

But yeah, the Shugenja would be good if no one else has him.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

Sweet!

Daniel
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, I'm a big doof.

I just remembered that my daughter will be here from 6/18 to 7/2 visiting with me. So, that kind of precludes gaming those two weeks for me.

So, this L5R game will have to be put off until after then.

Sorry. :oops: