A few Ideas

An assortment of game systems and genres. One night only.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

My Rifts conversion is kinda on hold, so I had a few ideas for my one shot.

1. Low powered M&M: I was thinking something like Unbreakable, with a few almost-super heroes.

2. D&D Underdark: Playing monsters can get tedious for long campaigns, but I think a one shot with underdark creatures would be fun (Mind flayers, drow, druegar, etc)

3. Cyberpunk: Just good ol' cyberpunk. Either GURPS or d20 Modern+Cybernet

Let me know what you guys would prefer.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

[quote="Cthulhu"]

1. Low powered M&M: I was thinking something like Unbreakable, with a few almost-super heroes.

3. Cyberpunk: Just good ol' cyberpunk. Either GURPS or d20 Modern+Cybernet

Let me knwo what you guys would prefer.[/quote]

One of these sounds good, I would do my best to make it. OGL Cybernet would be killer.

Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Cthulhu"]
2. D&D Underdark: Playing mosters can get tedious for long campaigns, but I think a one shot with underdark creatures would be fun (Mind flayers, drow, druegar, etc)
[/quote]

So you mean we play Mind Flayers, Drow, and Druegar... (what's a Druegar???). That sounds like fun as do the others. You decide what you want to run and put 6 characters together for.

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Druegar are the Drow of dwarves. ;)

I'd be up for any of these. I'm actually working on a way to do a "monster" campaign, where the players are all monsters. I think it will be kind of interesting.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

[quote="cczernia"]So you mean we play Mind Flayers, Drow, and Druegar... (what's a Druegar???). That sounds like fun as do the others. You decide what you want to run and put 6 characters together for.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking. There's also a underdark gnome, but it's hard to pronounce and impossible to spell. Sneferiboflavinephram or some nonsense. I'll probably run all three eventually. Decisions, decisions.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Sverfneblin.

I swear, I think RA Salvatore just randomly hist keys until something pseudo-pronounceable come out.

So, we would all be from one of these races, and all have the same traits as the overall race (ie: Evil if Drow or Druegar)?
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Sverfneblin.

I swear, I think RA Salvatore just randomly hist keys until something pseudo-pronounceable come out.[/quote]

Normally, I would agree, accept that he didn't name that race. It dates back to 1st edition, AT LEAST. I believe that this is a race from Norse myths, which explains the name.

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Well, color me corrected. Damn Norse. Why can't they speak English like the rest of the historical world (according to Hollywood). :D
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Well, color me corrected. Damn Norse. Why can't they speak English like the rest of the historical world (according to Hollywood). :D[/quote]

Or, indeed, any of a number of alien species found throughout the galaxy. ;)

Chris

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Gotetsu"]
I swear, I think RA Salvatore just randomly hist keys until something pseudo-pronounceable come out.[/quote]

Kinda goes with the legend the Lovecraft come up with names for gods by mixing up letters on cereal boxes.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm liking all of those ideas Cthulhu, although I'm leaning towards the low-powered M&M game.

As I mentioned before, my next one-shot will be Changeling. I also bought Dark Ages Fae and A|State while I was out here in Chicago-land. So DA Fae will be a definite possibility as well.

So... um... what night are we supposed to be playing? Last I knew it was Thursdays, but I've glanced at several discussions that mentioned Wednesday or other nights.

Oh, and I WILL be back next week so we can play next Thursday at my place. Yay.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

We're still on thursdays for now. Some people have suggested switching to tuesdays.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]As I mentioned before, my next one-shot will be Changeling. I also bought Dark Ages Fae and A|State while I was out here in Chicago-land. So DA Fae will be a definite possibility as well.

So... um... what night are we supposed to be playing? Last I knew it was Thursdays, but I've glanced at several discussions that mentioned Wednesday or other nights.[/quote]

The idea is to have an alternating or additional day for the One Shots. I figure some people can't make it every Thursday and my own games seem to be moving toward Thursdays. However, some people can't make it on Tuesdays (and I'm sure there are those who can't make either).

This way one shots get more exposure and they seem to be getting fairly popular that I see no reason not to have it twice a week or have one week on Tuesday (or Wed as the case may be) and one week on Thursdays.

BTW - I also picked up a copy of A|State. Apparently GT ordered 4 of them and sold out within a few days :D

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

I now own a/state as well. But I got mine before cczernia did :P
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
Chulainn
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Chulainn »

[quote="Lowly Uhlan"]I now own a/state as well. But I got mine before cczernia did :P[/quote]

and the point? :wink:

C

(opmode smartass)

~twisting reality so you do not have to~
:nutkick:
"It's like rock, paper, scissors, crippling blow to the groin. Crippling blow to the groin always seems to win."- Wintermute