Conan

An assortment of game systems and genres. One night only.
Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Azerack » Tue May 23, 2006 9:29 am

[quote="mordraine"]Don't know any gaming stores up in NC. I only know of the ones down here (i.e. Game Empire and Game Towne).

But I would recommend buying online anyway, for this game. Cuz it retails for $50. You'd probably be able to get it online for $35~40.

Hey, [url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1904577695/sr=8-1/qid=1148404698/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-5661808-8574519?%5Fencoding=UTF8]Amazon's got it for $31.47[/url]!

You can also get the pocket edition [url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/190485463X/sr=8-3/qid=1148404698/ref=pd_bbs_3/102-5661808-8574519?%5Fencoding=UTF8]from Amazon for $12.97[/url].

PS - try to get the "Atlantean" edition, which means they edited out all the clumsy errors.[/quote]

Ahh! you found it on Amazon!:jawdrop: I actually tried looking for it, but I guess I put the wrong text after Conan (I tried OGL and I [b]thought[/b] I had tried 'RPG', but ah well.

I have plenty of dice, so no need to order them (can you say 20+ years of gaming and the "handful o' dice" sales at the last three Comic-Cons? :wink: ).

We have free shipping with Amazon, anyway, so I guess I'll stick with them.

Thanks for finding that for me.

belkregos
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by belkregos » Tue May 23, 2006 11:13 am

check out the mongoose ConanRPG forum

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB ... 738b4508a8

lots of good info :biggrin:
Men are like rivers whose surface is apparent but beginnings are unknown....

Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

What do you mean, "Impulse Buyer?"

Post by Azerack » Tue May 23, 2006 11:23 am

So Amazon had a deal on the RPG (hardcover) and the Gazeteer, so I figured what the heck?

Gods know I got inspired from someone running an "Elric of Melnibone" game and ran my own campaign after that, so you never know!:lol:

Thanks for the Mongoose link, Bel'. I'll check that out, too. :wink:

mordraine

Post by mordraine » Tue May 23, 2006 12:04 pm

Well, it's a good RPG book in any event. Worth owning just for the sheer pleasure of it.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!

Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Azerack » Sun May 28, 2006 12:30 am

Amazon, in typical style, couldn't get both books to me at the same time, but on the bright side the book I did get was the Gazeteer, so now I can properly get re-familiarized with Hyborea and figger out before it's too late if I can steer what land my Rogue comes from.

Or is it too late?

How's that adventure coming along, then? :wink:

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 » Sun May 28, 2006 2:56 pm

So when's this happening? Time is tight for me in the next few weeks, so the sooner I can get a definite date for this, the better my chances of attending (assuming I can make it at all-- either the 10th or the 17th would work best for me).
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey » Tue May 30, 2006 10:32 am

Busy weekend, havent' been on the boards (though I did get some Conan adventure work done ;)

Mordraine (and everyone) - Yes, go ahead and use the 'Heroic' generation. I was considering going with the standard, but then I realized while writing that you guys will probably need all the help you can get :twisted:

Devlin - Either of those Saturdays you mentioned work well for me. What's everyone else's schedule look like? I'm to the point where I'd call the adventure 'done' as far as writing (or close enough to run the thing), except that I want a little more polishing here and there.

To answer Azerack's question regarding starting location/etc - you can be from pretty much wherever you like. Characters in this game/genre tend to get about quite a bit, so there isn't any problems with an adventurer/mercenary type being wherever. Conan was in one place one story and halfway across the continent the next lots of times...

For anyone who wishes to know, I will probably be starting the adventure in Nemedia, in a largish city - to give you an idea (though that's one thing I may still 'polish' - which is my fancy word for 'change things around willy-nilly' ;)). Shouldn't be hard to find a reason for anyone to be there, one way or another.

Game Stores in North County near Carlsbad - Pair A Dice games in vista is quite good (right by the in-n-out).

Don't know as many on the coast, but House of Aman(sp?) is in Oceanside across the street from the Regal Cinemas (if it is still open). That's an uh...interesting shop, and I wouldn't necessarily call it 'good' in the traditional sense, but it is closer to you, and they do sometimes stock decent stuff (again, assuming it is still open for business, and I have no reason to believe it would be, and haven't been there in ages - but you could call I suppose). Take that for what it is worth, or something...

I think that's everything that needed a reply - If I missed any let me know.

belkregos
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by belkregos » Tue May 30, 2006 11:49 am

Cool,
here is a good on line dice roller, if you want to review the rolls

http://invisiblecastle.com/rolldice.py

After rolling you get a link to the results so you can review them, here is the stats for my character,

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=465190

I’m still thinking of a few combinations, barbarian for sure, but I’m deciding on the race and style, on the short list for race are Pict, Kezankian and Cimmerian
What books can we use for creation, can we used the “Hyborias F” books?
the Kezankian appears in the Shadizar boxed set, is that allowed?

About the date, I prefer June 10 (just because its sooner :lol: ) but the 17 works too :biggrin:

belkregos
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by belkregos » Tue May 30, 2006 11:50 am

one more question,
how do you want to handle Hit points?

mordraine

Post by mordraine » Tue May 30, 2006 12:11 pm

Also, you mentioned earlier that 6th would be the starting level. Is that set?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!

Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Azerack » Tue May 30, 2006 12:17 pm

Wow, dnd', just a BOAT-load of info aren't you? :wink:

I go to that Regal all the time, so now I'll have to keep an eye out for the place. Once in a while I find myself at the Krikorian, though, so I'll have to look out for the Pair-a-dice game shop, as well.

Nemedia, eh? Okay, I'll start reading about that one in the Gazeteer, but I think I'll want my rogue to be from Aquilonde, so far. Not sure if that will matter, anyway, except how I look, though. :biggrin:

Glad things are moving along (even if it's still in your "rough-draft" mode).

I'm sure the other thing people (especially Devlin) are wondering is how soon you will know when you could see a play-date for the game happening.

Inquiring minds want to know. :mrgreen:

Thanks!

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey » Tue May 30, 2006 2:37 pm

Belkregos - The Kezankian Hillman race would be fine. (a reference would have helped though, I had to go through 2 books till I found it :smash: )

I think I may have some of the Hyborias Finest (or whatever) books at home - I can check later. Offhand I would say they are ok, but try to keep things mostly from the core if possible (maybe a class or a couple feats out of the other books) for simplicity's sake.

Not sure what your question about HP was - we aren't starting 10th or higher, so it would be just as normal (max at 1st and roll by class for each subsequent level, add con as normal for Conan)... am I missing something?

Mordraine (et al.) - yes, 6th level is set at this point, so roll em up at that level if you are doing your own.

Date/time wise I'm still waiting on a consensus. Is June 10th or 17th bad/good for those of you that haven't chimed in yet?

Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Azerack » Tue May 30, 2006 2:53 pm

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]
Date/time wise I'm still waiting on a consensus. Is June 10th or 17th bad/good for those of you that haven't chimed in yet?[/quote]

Either day is okay, but the sooner you know the better so I can plan ahead.

Okay, tell a lie, the 17th I could lock in easier, but the 10th could work, too.

Vague enough? Sorry.. :thwack:

belkregos
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by belkregos » Tue May 30, 2006 3:45 pm

Sounds good,
I only asked about the hit points because some DM’s prefer to go with a fixed number (% per level), but here are the rolls
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=465405

do you want the character email to you before hand?

If I use anything outside the main books I’ll be sure to ask first, there won’t be a lot,
I’m leaning towards the Pict barbarian with emphasis on mobility and speed

Also I can help if anyone wants advice on the character build, I’ve been DMing a Conan game for a while (but I think I’m not going to be able to any more, being an expectant father :biggrin: ) and am familiar with the rules
I can bring any of the books, a vinyl matt and water markers extra figures and such if needed, just let me know

I’d rather have the game on the 10th but the 17 after 12 noon would work for me as well

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey » Tue May 30, 2006 4:13 pm

I would like to see the characters before hand, for those making their own. No huge rush, but when you are done (or mostly done), drop me an email or whatever. Email is my screenname @yahoo.com

I hadn't planned on starting before noon, so no worries there :biggrin: maybe a start time of 1pm and go till we're done (probably 6-8 somewhere) or did you guys want a later game?

Date-wise it sounds like the 17th might be marginally better? Let's plan on that unless anyone has a major conflict there. We'll also need to figure out where to play. Obviously Devlin's place is the default - the drive up north does a body good, no?:mrgreen:

Seriously though, anybody wanna host?

belkregos
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by belkregos » Tue May 30, 2006 5:16 pm

I wouldn’t be able to host this time around but I don’t have a problem driving, also there’s always the tables at game town if we let them know in advance

mordraine

Post by mordraine » Tue May 30, 2006 8:10 pm

17th is good for me. And I can host, if'n everyone doesn't mind driving to Chula Vista. I wouldn't mind driving up to Irvine either, but I don't know if everyone knows that's where devlin actually lives.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 » Tue May 30, 2006 8:27 pm

[quote="mordraine"]17th is good for me. And I can host, if'n everyone doesn't mind driving to Chula Vista. I wouldn't mind driving up to Irvine either, but I don't know if everyone knows that's where devlin actually lives.[/quote]
Driving up here for a game run by Sam would be kinda dumb. I mean, you're all already down there, etc. Driving up here for a game run by me would make a little more sense, but I still don't expect anyone to do it.

Anyway, the 17th works for me. The quarter will be over by then, so my only source of stress will be my flight to England on the 22nd.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins

mordraine

Post by mordraine » Tue May 30, 2006 9:58 pm

'nother question - what do you want us to have for starting Fate Points? Book says PCs start with 3, and get awarded them after the completion of major goals or accomplishments. So what would be good for 6th level guys?

3 + 1d4 maybe? Or just a set amount? 5 or 6?

Or I guess we could just start with the 3. It IS a one-shot, after all. And it would be reasonable to assume that PCs would've spent whatever they gained along their adventuring career.

belkregos
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by belkregos » Tue May 30, 2006 10:28 pm

I’ve been thinking of playing a Pict barbarian for a while so I’ll take the opportunity to do so, here’s some of the background, the character sheet is almost done, just need to decide the final feats,

Gurkan of the Seven Lions

The Shaman asserted Gurkan had been born under the Saber Tooth’s eye, growing up Gurkan did not know or cared if it was true but he always strived and excelled in hunting and killing, only the strongest survived to manhood in his clan, the saber tooths were feared even among the other pict clans, for even thought they were few in number one of their clan was more than a match for a number of men, pict or outsider,
Gurkan grew up strong and agile, there was something that transcended his mere body mass, something vibrant and fierce, his body strong and lean, compact and flexible, his instincts sharp, the lines of his body described the savage economy of a hunter. He had the respect of men, he could best some of the seasoned warriors of the clan, but to be called a Saber tooth, it was the respect of his totem he had to earn.
To earn the right to be called a full clan member he had to venture alone in to the saber tooth’s killing grounds and be judged by their totem spirit, it was not the first time he ventured there, he would go by himself every time he could, stalk prey and bring it back to the clan, but this time, this time was his turn to be judged, only those deemed by the saber tooth to be a spirit themselves survived, and that he did, he survived, returned torn and cut by the sabers claws but he survived and he understood the ways of his clan, all the lessons learned during his upbringing suddenly snapped together and it all made sense, the time alone in the saber tooth territory, the confrontation with his totem, there was no mistake he was a full clan member now, something changed in him, he felt his clans kinship strong in his chest, could tell what the other warriors would do by instinct, how to best coordinate their effort to bring down the prey, what ever the prey was, the scars from the encounter with his totem reminded him why he was proud, why he was Gurkan of the seven Lions from the saber tooth clan

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey » Wed May 31, 2006 9:18 am

I hadn't really decided on the fate points yet, I figured that can wait till game if need be. I was leaning towards giving everyone the same amount (no random generation - in a regular game there would be variance, but it would be based on something, so...)

It'll probably be more than the 3 standard, owing to deadliness of game and such. I'll give you guys a fighting chance, but after that you're on your own.

belkregos
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by belkregos » Wed May 31, 2006 9:40 am

[quote="dnd3eplayer"] I'll give you guys a fighting chance, but after that you're on your own.[/quote]

thats more than Crom would admit

belkregos
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by belkregos » Wed May 31, 2006 4:52 pm

so, how are we going to handle equipment and gold?

mordraine

Post by mordraine » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:14 pm

BTW, I added our one-shot to the Calendar. Just click on the "Calendar" link up on the top menu by "Member List".

I guess we're doing this at my place (no-one's come up with a better idea yet), so anyone who needs directions, just PM me and I'll send 'em along.

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:58 pm

Sounds good Andy, thanks for hosting.

They are swamping me at work right now, so there may be a little less of me around. Anyway, on the equipment question - I'm thinking 200sp each, and any one purchase should not exceed half of that. In the spirit of this game, any money left over will have already been spent on drunken carousel (etc) by the time we start the session.

That should give enough for the necessities for everyone. Characters aren't really supposed to be very wealthy in this particular setting, but if anyone has anything that they think they need or should have at their level let me know and I'll look it over.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:07 pm

[quote="dnd3eplayer"][snip]... any money left over will have already been spent on drunken carousel... [snip][/quote]
hey look! it's every alchoholic baby's favorite drinking game:

[i]drunken carousel![/i]

pull the brass ring or down a shot! whee!

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:05 pm

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]hey look! it's every alchoholic baby's favorite drinking game:

[i]drunken carousel![/i]

pull the brass ring or down a shot! whee![/quote]

Though that may be a fun game, I reallly meant crousing... but really its your character, so I won't say how he's spending his time. throw in some stygian midgits if you like :twisted:

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:48 pm

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Though that may be a fun game, I reallly meant [b]crousing[/b]... [/quote]
Ha ha! The word has been misspelled again! What's "crousing," some kind of... [i]game?[/i] A game played by [i]children?[/i]

Mike Olson

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:20 pm

[quote="devlin1"]Ha ha! The word has been misspelled again! What's "crousing," some kind of... [i]game?[/i] A game played by [i]children?[/i][/quote]
no. it's eastern european for "crossing" as in:

"tee author day i homos caught heat by an ow toe [b]crousing[/b] tee street."

belkregos
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by belkregos » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:04 pm

Since we still have some time till the game I’ve been working on the Kezankian Hillman barbarian I was thinking of playing, almost done also, will email the character sheet but here’s some of the background

Sooo.. what is everybody else thinking of playing?

Gurkan of the seven Lions

Gurkan was abandoned at birth, left for the hand of fate to pass judgment on his worth, abandoned in a region of the Kezankian Mountains a hunting grounds of lions, the region known as the seven lions, a rumor began to spread of the lion child, Gurkan of the seven lions, some clamed seeing him, some he stalked their herds,
a shepherd found the infant, the shepherd had entered the seven lions region and found himself being stalked by the predators, trying to evade them he walked in to a small clearing where he found the feral child, his adopted father would later explain the Lions allowed him to leave unharmed,

no one could explain how he survived so long by himself in the wilds, from his adopted father he learned the meaning of hard and honest work, but there was always something that set him apart from his adopted brethren, the way he could endure the hardest work, the tenacity with which he took the tasks given to him, the fierceness with which he fought;

The life of a Hillman is always marked by fierce fighting, if not with invading Turanians, or Zamorans then settling blood feuds with the other Hillman clans, even as a child Gurkan would take part in the skirmishes proving himself a man in spirit way before he was a full grown, although fighting and blood feuds was an integral part of Kezankian culture there where also traditions that made sure the culture survived,

While traveling in the mountain regions of Zamora, Gurkan stopped to rest in an encampment for travelers, tradition states this type of encampments as neutral and feuds are put aside while resting, a small group of travelers was already there when he arrived, these being peaceful times there where families in the group of travelers and thinking protected by the edicts of tradition they welcomed Gurkan, the night continued around the camp fire and a bigger group of travelers arrived, these travelers where not families, herders or merchants they where bandits and assassins, being foreigners they could care less for the mountain men traditions and took the opportunity to rob and kill the Kezankians, a fierce and bloody battle ensued in which Gurkan was left for dead.
Thirsty for vengeance Gurkan followed the killers to Shadizar and entering trough the Lions gate he though it an omen, although he has wondered since if the omen was good or bad, he found his prey in Shadizar’s merchant bazaar and did not hesitate to extract bloody justice in plain view of the market and did not stop until honor was served and the cobbled stones of the bazaar wet with his enemies blood, this was justice in the eyes of any Hillman but naïve to the tricks of “civilized” men he was captured and sold to the gladiator pits as punishment,
While in the gladiator stables he continued fighting in the arena, his body grew even stronger and his instincts keen, training and fighting every day
He escaped at the first chance leaving a trail of blood with any that stood between him and freedom, once out he learned the attack to the Kezankian encampment was a stratagem there was a cover yet violent war being waged between different crime families and the attack was a way to bring the Kezankians in to the conflict and force the Army to protect the city and travelers Gurkan had unknowingly served the crime families purposes and by his ignorance cause the death of more Hillman, while he was in the gladiator barracks the conflict between the army and the Hillman had escalated
his skill in stealth and arms has proven as useful in the Zamorian city as in the Kezankian mountains, he learned from his first mistake and this time as he stalked his prey he kept to himself and once he caught the one responsible he brought him to the Hillman and explained so justice could be extracted of the one truly responsible averting a full out war
even though justice had finally been served it left a bitter taste, his adopted family a casualty of the conflict the mountains held strong memories and he decided to leave….

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:29 pm

[quote]Sooo.. what is everybody else thinking of playing?[/quote]
Either some kind of Zamorian assassin, if no one else plays a thief, or a Hyrkanian archer, if no one plays one of those, or a big Turanian dude with a tulwar. Or maybe a priest of Ibis; I've been reading The Book of Thoth lately.

So... I dunno.

Mike Olson

belkregos
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by belkregos » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:40 pm

[quote="devlin1"]Either some kind of Zamorian assassin, if no one else plays a thief, or a Hyrkanian archer, if no one plays one of those, or a big Turanian dude with a tulwar. Or maybe a priest of Ibis]
didn't you play an archer on our last conan one shot?

did you play on that game? lowly uhlan DMnd that game in game town last year

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:43 pm

[quote="belkregos"]didn't you play an archer on our last conan one shot?

did you play on that game? lowly uhlan DMnd that game in game town last year[/quote]

Heh. Yeah, I don't know about a one-shot of Conan (apart from the one he ran at GameFest), but I played a Zamorian thief-guy in the short campaign he ran. I don't recall who played the archer, though.

Mike Olson

Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

Boooo!..... :-(

Post by Azerack » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:06 pm

I received word that I will need to be in Carlsbad/Oceanside on 6/17 to test (fortunately from home) a change of servers.

Apologies for not being able to make it, but silly me I didn't think I would need to schedule a vacation day for a weekend. :screwy:

Sorry to all and to all a great day of carnage, Conan-style...

Az.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:20 pm

So it's at Mord's this Saturday, right? What time?
Mike Olson

mordraine

Post by mordraine » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:25 pm

I'm assuming some time around 1pm...

BTW, Sam, I'm trying to figure out how many spells my scholar gets, and I can't for the life of me figure it out... little help?

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:54 pm

say, sam, are you gonna make some pre-gens, by any chance?

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:13 pm

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]say, sam, are you gonna make some pre-gens, by any chance?[/quote]
Don't worry, dude. I'll make your character.

Mike Olson

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:16 pm

well, hold on there, cool breeze. i didn't say i was coming just yet. i just wanted to know if i do happen to come out of the blue.

edit: or if you meant you're making extras anyway, then, i'll take an archer. a fat archer.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:21 pm

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]a fat archer.[/quote]
I used to watch that show!

"Hey hey hey! It's Fat Archer!"

I probably will make a few characters anyway, just because I don't know what the party will need.

Mike Olson

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:29 pm

Yeah, let's say 'try to be there around a quarter till 1pm' to get settled, and we'll start shortly thereafter.

----

Scholar spells:

for a standard 6th level scholar, you should have a total of 8 spells (3 basic, 5 advanced), I believe. Here's the breakdown:

3 from sorcery styles (these will all be the 'basic' spell from that style which you automatically learn when you gain access to the style) at 1st, 2nd, and 4th levels.

4 Advanced Spells (taken from the sorcery styles you know, if you meet the pre-requisites). These are gained at levels 3,4,5, and 6

1 bonus spell if you have an intelligence bonus of at least +1 (same mechanically as the Advanced spells above, just gained from a different source - intelligence rather than class advancement). You get this at 3rd level.

For levels when you get an new sorcery style to learn and an advanced spell (like 4th level), you can choose the advanced from the new style or any of your old styles.

.. hopefully that's clear enough. I just finished a long and crappy day at work, so I'm not too keen for editing at the moment:smash:

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:31 pm

.. and yes, I'm in process on the pregens. I may be able to post some of them tomorrow (or tonight if I have time to finish some up). Devlin - you are welcome to roll a few up if you like - extras could be handy.

belkregos
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by belkregos » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:49 pm

so how do we get to the place?

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:35 pm

[quote="dnd3eplayer"].. and yes, I'm in process on the pregens. I may be able to post some of them tomorrow (or tonight if I have time to finish some up). Devlin - you are welcome to roll a few up if you like - extras could be handy.[/quote]
What's the stat generation method? Point distribution? 8+d10? 10+d8? 12+d6? 17+1?

Mike Olson

mordraine

Post by mordraine » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:24 am

[quote="belkregos"]so how do we get to the place?[/quote]

belkregos, I'll PM you with directions.

[quote="devlin1"]What's the stat generation method? Point distribution? 8+d10? 10+d8? 12+d6? 17+1?[/quote]

The "heroic" method. 8+d10. Gives ya some badass stats, lemme tell ya.

And thanks, Sam, for the spell stuff. I'll finish my scholar up and send you the charstats via email so you can say yea or nay.

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:09 am

[quote]The "heroic" method. 8+d10. Gives ya some badass stats, lemme tell ya.

And thanks, Sam, for the spell stuff. I'll finish my scholar up and send you the charstats via email so you can say yea or nay.[/quote]

Sounds good Andy. I've got a couple pregens done, but not here to post. I'll have to do it when I get home tonight (late, probably). I have a couple more in the works, but I honestly don't know how many we'll need - seems like not a lot really as several people are rolling their own.

Stygian Scholar (Andy/Mordraine - created by him)

Zamoran Thief or Hyrkanian Archer (Devlin/Mike - created by him)

Pict Barbarian (belkregos - created by him)

These are the 'confirms' that I currently have. I'm probably bringing one (or possibly 2) folks from some of my other ongoing games, but i don't have any confirms yet there. The pregens are mostly for them at this point (as everyone else made their own), or maybe as 'I died horribly, please let me use one of these to get back in the game' characters :biggrin:

Albert may also show up, I'm led to believe? I did make a fat Shemite Archer-type Soldier-Thief for him, just in case. :mrgreen:

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:41 am

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]Albert may also show up, I'm led to believe? I did make a fat Shemite Archer-type Soldier-Thief for him, just in case. :mrgreen:[/quote]awesome! i shall do my best. thanks, sam.

belkregos
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by belkregos » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:28 pm

[quote="dnd3eplayer"]
Stygian Scholar (Andy/Mordraine - created by him)

Zamoran Thief or Hyrkanian Archer (Devlin/Mike - created by him)

Pict Barbarian (belkregos - created by him)

These are the 'confirms' that I currently have. [/quote]

actually, i'm thinking of playing the Kezankian barbarian, i'll email it over ans will probably bring both characters :lol:

SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:40 pm

Not a problem dude, I just listed the last one you were leaning towards ;) The list was for me to keep track of who has a character & such. Certainly do bring both though, as whichever one you don't want to play may be fun for someone else.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:44 pm

[quote="mordraine"]The "heroic" method. 8+d10. Gives ya some badass stats, lemme tell ya.[/quote]
Yeah, I know, but I was kinda hoping to try out the "17+1" method.

Mike Olson