Post Apocalypse

An assortment of game systems and genres. One night only.

Pick your Apocalypse

Other/These All Suck
11%
Other/These All Suck
11%
Other/These All Suck
22%
Other/These All Suck
22%
Other/These All Suck
33%

Total votes: 9

Cthulhu

Post Apocalypse

Post by Cthulhu »

I got d20 apocalypse today and I really want to make use of it. I can't decide with flavor of Apocalypse to run. So Here's a pole for those who are interested:

Alien Invasion
An alien race arrives on Earth with the clear intention of invasion. As a safeguard, the US government has had teams of commandos cyrogenically frozen in key locations around the country. Now 80 years since the initial contact, the commandos awake to see what remains of the world.

Asteroid Strike
An asteroid strikes the Earth near the South Pole. Billions of tons of ice have vaporized or melted, the seas have risen nearly 100 feet. Six months later, the sky is just beginning to show but the world frozen and much of it's landmass is submerged in water or ice.

Biblical Judgment Day
The world's righteous folk have vanished, leaving the world to you and the rest of the assholes. Which would be fine, except that Demons and Angels now fight the Final Battle all across Earth.

Nuclear War
Classic post-apocalypse along the lines of Fallout and Mad Max Movies

Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man
“What Did you do Ray?”
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I voted for Nuclear War, but the Alien Invasion sounds just as cool.
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

life on earth with a higher ratio of assholes?! where do i sign?
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

I'm choosing other, cos I'm currently drooling over JAGS Have-Not.

Basically, most of mankind transcended/reached singularity. You didn't.

Rocks fall.

It's free.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="smartmonkey"]I'm choosing other, cos I'm currently drooling over JAGS Have-Not.

Basically, most of mankind transcended/reached singularity. You didn't.

Rocks fall.

[url=http://www.jagsrpg.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=5]It's free.[/url][/quote]
shit dawg. at first blush dat game dere looks hella tight. thanks fo the link.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I voted Biblical Judgement, cuz I love angels and demons duking it out.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I voted Astroid Strike, but my close second choice would be Biblical Judgement.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

So, um, if you have commandos in key locations around the country, why wouldn't you use them when there was someone in your bases killing your doods, instead of freezing them for 80 years later?
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote] So, um, if you have commandos in key locations around the country, why wouldn't you use them when there was someone in your bases killing your doods, instead of freezing them for 80 years later?
[/quote]

Because, um, you're George Bush, and Dick Cheney/Donald Rumsfeld are dead (of a heart attack, and a firefight somewhere in the DC area, respectively) and you're too high on coke to remember about those poor frozen bastards.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="smartmonkey"]Because, um, you're George Bush, and Dick Cheney/Donald Rumsfeld are dead (of a heart attack, and a firefight somewhere in the DC area, respectively) and you're too high on coke to remember about those poor frozen bastards.[/quote]

Lame. You coulda done better.

Edit: See, I would have said something like "Hilary Clinton is in office, and the military had to hide these commandos secretly, because the Democrats were downsizing the nation's forces in an attempt to show the invaders that we are a peaceful people. And we now see how that worked out..."

"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

The way I figure, the Republicans and the Democrats were so busy spending our hard earned dollars on projects with no practical application that they just plain forgot about the frozen commandos. :)
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Actually it was actually a plot by both parties to get rid of the libertarians using an alien invasion hoax.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Cthulhu"]Actually it was actually a plot by both parties to get rid of the libertarians using an alien invasion hoax.[/quote]

We have a winner!

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Cthulhu"]Actually it was actually a plot by both parties to get rid of the libertarians using an alien invasion hoax.[/quote]
The actuality to the actually it was actual was that in order for both parties to actual do this they had to get biblical with each other and sell the video on ebay for backdoor funds to support the making of the fake alien invasion and to alter the projection of an asteroid to land on Greenland because the ultra rights think the green party has it's HQ there, thus developing weapons of Ass destruction, and the Ultra Liberals don't think the name Greenland is PC and implies that it should be inhabited by green people which as we know is racist and would segregate that population from reaching equality. Plus it is considered the humanitarian effort to keep soylent green from being shipped to the US because it is believed that it is a form of genocide in Greenland.

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

I say virus wipes everyone out ala "12 Monkeys."
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I like post-apoc settings that are close (time-wise) to the apoc event.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Skyman"]The actuality to the actually it was actual was that in order for both parties to actual do this they had to get biblical with each other and sell the video on ebay for backdoor funds to support the making of the fake alien invasion and to alter the projection of an asteroid to land on Greenland because the ultra rights think the green party has it's HQ there, thus developing weapons of Ass destruction, and the Ultra Liberals don't think the name Greenland is PC and implies that it should be inhabited by green people which as we know is racist and would segregate that population from reaching equality. Plus it is considered the humanitarian effort to keep soylent green from being shipped to the US because it is believed that it is a form of genocide in Greenland.[/quote]
:screwy:

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i like: the universe collectively falls into a lethargic malaise and the fabric of reality, the space-time continuum, sub-atomic particles, and everything just starts ceasing to exist. in essence, *nothing* happens. this will happen on a monday.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]i like: the universe collectively falls into a lethargic malaise and the fabric of reality, the space-time continuum, sub-atomic particles, and [i]everything[/i] just starts ceasing to exist. in essence, *nothing* happens. this will happen on a monday.[/quote]
So, then the characters have to fine the Book, and have a small child read it and [i]BELIEVE[/i]. Then The Nothing will be gone, and all things will start anew.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Gotetsu"]:screwy:[/quote]
and yet the subliminal messages have already taken possession of your brain cell

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Skyman"]and yet the subliminal messages have already taken possession of your brain cell[/quote]
Fortunately, I have many, many more. So that one really makes no difference.

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

I -really- like Have-Not. It's such a fucked up little setting, and it's free.

The system ain't half bad, but it's a tad close to GURPS in terms of rules-heavyness. Not that thats bad, but I'm a lazy bastard when it comes to reading Rules PDF's.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Fortunately, I have many, many more. So that one really makes no difference.[/quote]
Dammit foiled again! :nutkick: