Tribe 8

An assortment of game systems and genres. One night only.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

So, as of right now, this is just to see how many people would be interested in doing a Tribe 8 one-shot.

For those that don't know, Tribe 8 is a kind of post-apocalyptic setting, where a strange, twisted spirit race called the Z'Bri conquered humanity, and then humanity was later saved by the Fatimas, avatar's of the Goddess herself. The players are all outcasts from the 7 tribes, removed from the Fatimas' love, and believe themselves part of a prophecy telling of the rise of an 8th tribe that will truly lead humanity to freedom.

I'd be running 1st edition (it's what I have), and would like to keep the party to around 6 to 8 players.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

i'd be interested, depending on when it'd be.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

I'm defianitly interested.

I can also assist in making characters if it takes place after the one-shot day.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Looks like a cool setting, count me in.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i'm game. when? where?
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I don't know about when. Mord's house, I'm hoping will be the where, but I'm thinking that it will be after the Great One Shot Day.

Chris
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I'm curious and would like to check it out
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Tribe 8 is one of those settings I'm always vaguely interested in, but too poor from buying Exalted books to purchase. I'm in.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
mrperil

Post by mrperil »

Depending on the day, im in. great chance to get to meet some of you.
chase

Post by chase »

I know I'm new, but Tribe 8 has interested me since I picked up the book and browsed through it at my FLGS. If you've got room, count me in.

-c
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Well, I'm working on the pre-gen's right now, so it will be seven total, one for each tribe. I think right now the list is at 8, so we'll see how it goes. I need to figure out a date, first, but it will most probably be after the One Shot event in the Con forum.

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, here's a brief discreption of each of the pre-gens.

Tribe 8 Characters

Natan Toybane
Banished by Agnes because he “just wasn’t fun anymore,” Natan tends to be a solemn and serious boy. It’s only now, making his home amongst the Fallen, that he feels free enough to be a child for real. A meager 15 years old, he’s devoted his life to freeing the rest of the Agnites from the Fatima’s stifling control.

Cassandra Yanig’on
Cassandra had spent the better part of ten years studying the various collections of prophecy that had been kept from the World Before and written during the Liberation, until the day came when she asked one too many questions about the wrong people. Now, languishing in exile, she has become more convinced than ever of the corruption of the Seven Tribes and the truth behind the Prophecy of Joshua.

Jahanna the Reaver
Jahanna was a Templar of Joan, her blade swift and bright in the sun, her arms strong as the trees, until she fell deeply in love with a Magdalite man and began to neglect her duties to spend time with him. She feigned illness in an attempt to get herself transferred to a post near his home, and found herself exiled for daring to love a person more than her Tribe and her sacred duty.

Danyel Demori’on
A sensuous and hedonistic man, the Concubine found himself falling in love, for the very first time, with a Joanite Templar. When he heard that she was to be outcast for loving him, he renounced his tribe and followed her into exile. He dreams of the day when the Tribes and Fallen are reunited for good under the aegis of the Goddess.

Azaziel
Azaziel was a Judge of Tera Sheba, stern and proud, strong in her belief in the law and justice. Then, a trial happened in her hometown featuring a Joanite that had fallen in love with a Magdalite and had neglected her duties for him. Banishment was the sentence, one Azaziel though too harsh. He dared to defend the lovers, and as a result was banished himself. Now, in the land of the lawless, he seeks to understand the prophecies, especially those of Joshua, to better lead the Eighth Tribe to it’s future.

Luthor the Hunter
Luthor was a woodsman, spending most of his time in the forests, though he did keep a home near his native Even settlement. He live simply and happily, one with the world as Eve tought, with his wife and child, until the day a Chained Z’Bri attacked his home while he was out hunting. His family was dead in seconds, and all he found was their mutilated corpse. When he went to the tribal elders for help in hunting this Z’Bri, he was denied. In anger, Luthor hunted alone, finally finding and killing the Z’Bri responsible, only to return and find he had been banished. Now, he seeks a new purpose in his life, trying to overcome his anger at his former tribe.

Robyn Darrin’on
Robyn is an actress, once part of a Dahlian traveling show. She excelled at her craft, and especially like to act in plays about Liberation and freedom. One day, her caravan was in Bazzar when she was approached by two Fallen in search of shelter from pursuing Joanites. Robyn gave them shelter, but a member of her caravan discovered this, and turned her in. Her punishment was to become one of the Fallen herself. Now, she seeks to unite the Eighth Tribe in pursuit of freedom.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Tentitivly, I'd like to set this for Thursday, March 31st. Would this work for you, Mord? That's almost right after the one shot, so if that's too many games at your palce too close to each other, let me know. I could do this earlier or later too.

Chris
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Is Cassandra Yanig’on from the Baba Yaga tribe? I'm interested in her if so, cuz that's my favorite tribe.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Tentitivly, I'd like to set this for Thursday, March 31st. Would this work for you, Mord? That's almost right after the one shot, so if that's too many games at your palce too close to each other, let me know. I could do this earlier or later too.

Chris[/quote]

I will check on this and let you know.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

ooooh. interesting. i don't even know about the setting enough to know what all the proper nouns mean, but interesting. mos def. i want to be cassandra or robyn.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="mordraine"]Is Cassandra Yanig’on from the Baba Yaga tribe? I'm interested in her if so, cuz that's my favorite tribe.[/quote]

Yes, she is.

Chris

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]ooooh. interesting. i don't even know about the setting enough to know what all the proper nouns mean, but interesting. mos def. i want to be cassandra or robyn.[/quote]

Don't worry, I'll have a handout that gives a brief description of the setting.

Chris

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="mordraine"]Is Cassandra Yanig’on from the Baba Yaga tribe? I'm interested in her if so, cuz that's my favorite tribe.[/quote]
guess it's robyn for me then.
[quote="BlanchPrez"]Tentitivly, I'd like to set this for Thursday, March 31st.[/quote]
there's a conflict with the congregatio invicta group that meets on biweekly thursdays.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"][quote:d3a0decf92="mordraine"]Is Cassandra Yanig’on from the Baba Yaga tribe? I'm interested in her if so, cuz that's my favorite tribe.[/quote]
[quote="BlanchPrez"]Tentitivly, I'd like to set this for Thursday, March 31st.[/quote]
there's a conflict with the congregatio invicta group that meets on biweekly thursdays.[/quote:d3a0decf92]

There's always March 10th. Would that work, Mord?

Chris

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="BlanchPrez"][quote:f6694cc004="jimmy corrigan"][quote:f6694cc004="mordraine"]Is Cassandra Yanig’on from the Baba Yaga tribe? I'm interested in her if so, cuz that's my favorite tribe.[/quote]
there's a conflict with the congregatio invicta group that meets on biweekly thursdays.[/quote:f6694cc004]

There's always March 10th. Would that work, Mord?

Chris[/quote:f6694cc004]

I'll check tonight with the boss, er... the wife. ;)

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]

[b]Jahanna the Reaver[/b]

Jahanna was a Templar of Joan, her blade swift and bright in the sun, her arms strong as the trees, until she fell deeply in love with a Magdalite man and began to neglect her duties to spend time with him. She feigned illness in an attempt to get herself transferred to a post near his home, and found herself exiled for daring to love a person more than her Tribe and her sacred duty.

[b]Danyel Demori’on[/b]

A sensuous and hedonistic man, the Concubine found himself falling in love, for the very first time, with a Joanite Templar. When he heard that she was to be outcast for loving him, he renounced his tribe and followed her into exile. He dreams of the day when the Tribes and Fallen are reunited for good under the aegis of the Goddess.[/quote]

Wowza! I havn't seen anything like this for years. Not the romance but the romance played by two PCs (if I'm reading that right).

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="cczernia"]Wowza! I havn't seen anything like this for years. Not the romance but the romance played by two PCs (if I'm reading that right).[/quote]

That would be the general idea. :)

Chris

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

march 10th is a go. w00t!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BlanchPrez"][quote:02bc37fc5d="cczernia"]Wowza! I havn't seen anything like this for years. Not the romance but the romance played by two PCs (if I'm reading that right).[/quote]

Chris[/quote:02bc37fc5d]

I wouldn't mind playing this out. Anyone else up to playing one of the romance characters?

Just out of curiosity. Are you starting with the PCs just being exiled or have they been living in Hom for awhile?

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="cczernia"][quote:544c15a615="BlanchPrez"][quote:544c15a615="cczernia"]Wowza! I havn't seen anything like this for years. Not the romance but the romance played by two PCs (if I'm reading that right).[/quote]

Chris[/quote:544c15a615]

I wouldn't mind playing this out. Anyone else up to playing one of the romance characters?

Just out of curiosity. Are you starting with the PCs just being exiled or have they been living in Hom for awhile?[/quote:544c15a615]

The demo game doesn't really say, so I'd say not just exiled, but not veteren Fallen either.

Chris

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]
The demo game doesn't really say, so I'd say not just exiled, but not veteren Fallen either.
[/quote]

What demo game???

So, would you say have been hanging out in Hom for about a few weeks. Just enough time to settle down but not enough time to gain an Outlook or status among the Fallen?

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="cczernia"][quote:4577f4b24b="BlanchPrez"]

[/quote]

What demo game???

So, would you say have been hanging out in Hom for about a few weeks. Just enough time to settle down but not enough time to gain an Outlook or status among the Fallen?[/quote:4577f4b24b]

The Demo game I got from off line. 4 of the 7 pre-gens come from that demo. It's a decent enough outline for an adventure, won't take much for me to flesh it out.

Everyone has an Outlook, but no real influence. I'd say a few weeks, maybe a couple months in Hom.

Chris

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

We playing March 10....right?
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Yes, we are.

Chris
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Yes, we are.

Chris[/quote]

This should be fun.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Just checking...sweet!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, guys, I know this is last minuite, but I'm going to have to post-pone this until after the big gaming day. There's just so much gaming I can get in, and ym schedule for this month suddenly got crowded. Sorry.

Chris
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Man and I got off work early for this...
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

Does this mean Conan is up next, one-shot wise?
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="BreakfastOfChampions"]Does this mean Conan is up next, one-shot wise?[/quote]

Yeah, your day is still gonna be next week.