New World of Darkness

An assortment of game systems and genres. One night only.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

I'm planning on running a New World of Darkness (normal human) One Shot that will evolve into a Vampire the Requium One Shot or Werewolf The Forsaken One Shot... maybe both depending on how creative I am.

I plan on having it ready by the end of the month and it will be on Thursday. If Mordraine is interested he can host the game at his place otherwise it will probably be a Game Empire.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

I'd be interested. Give me a date ASAP and I might just be able to be off.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="smartmonkey"]I'd be interested. Give me a date ASAP and I might just be able to be off.[/quote]

Thursday, January 20th at 7pm.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Sounds cool, I'd play it.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

I'd be down to give it a shot.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

I'm down.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

[quote="Neuro"]I'm down.[/quote]

Oh, great... every time we game together you ALWAYS need to bum a ride from me.

:roll: Gamers :roll:

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Cool, Me curious and interested
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm interested but I gotta clear the date with the wife. I'll let you know.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

The date is now CLEARED!

We can do the nWoD one-shot at my place on the 20th.

(incidentally, that's inauguration day for the Prez... all things considered, I'd rather be gaming)
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]The date is now CLEARED!

We can do the nWoD one-shot at my place on the 20th.

(incidentally, that's inauguration day for the Prez... all things considered, I'd rather be gaming)[/quote]

Everything is still a go. I should have PC listing by this weekend. Is anyone who is interested in playing not familier w/ the old WoD system?

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

room for one more? at this point i can't guarantee i can make it, but my curiousity is peaked, and i know your gm skills are up to snuff.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Sure, current rollcall is:

Mordraine
Wintermute
Neuro
jimmy corrigan
Skyman
Smartmonkey

I currently have 6 characters so speak up if you can't make it (Smartmonkey, I'm looking at you) in case someone else wants to play. Of course this won't happen until next Thursday.
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Believe it or not, I think I have next thursday night off.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="smartmonkey"]Believe it or not, I think I have next thursday night off.[/quote]

But do you have money for gas and cigs?

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Damn, I wish I could make this. I would love to play a game of this.

(Of course, I've been fighting off a mood to run a Star Trek one-shot lately, too)

Chirs
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="BlanchPrez"](Of course, I've been fighting off a mood to run a Star Trek one-shot lately, too)[/quote]

hey chris, any chance the star trek game you want to play being icon system? if not, is it coda?

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]hey chris, any chance the star trek game you want to play being icon system? if not, is it coda?[/quote]

It would be Coda. The only ICON book I have is DS9, and I think I'm selling it.

Chris

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"][quote:f8441701cf="BlanchPrez"](Of course, I've been fighting off a mood to run a Star Trek one-shot lately, too)[/quote]

hey chris, any chance the star trek game you want to play being icon system? if not, is it coda?[/quote:f8441701cf]

You should really check out CODA Star Trek. It is just as good as ICON (I already told you it was written by the same people) and is more generic in that it was meant for all time periods. The big thing is that it is probably the best supported version of Star Trek out right now and if you want to get a Star Trek game off the ground you would have the best luck with CODA.

Unfortunatly, Star Trek CODA was dropped by Decipher early in 2004. Rumor has it that a couple of RPG companies have been sniffing around the license.

Star Trek ICON = AD&D 2nd ed

Star Trek CODA = D&D 3rd ed

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="BlanchPrez"][quote:53bb562887="jimmy corrigan"]hey chris, any chance the star trek game you want to play being icon system? if not, is it coda?[/quote]

It would be Coda. The only ICON book I have is DS9, and I think I'm selling it.

Chris[/quote:53bb562887]

what condition is it in and how much?

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]what condition is it in and how much?[/quote]

Not new, but all the pages are still intact. It's in good shape, if a little dog eared. I was going to put it up on e-bay with a bunch of other games I'm getting rid of for $5.00.

Chris

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="BlanchPrez"][quote:fca02f14f5="jimmy corrigan"]what condition is it in and how much?[/quote]

Not new, but all the pages are still intact. It's in good shape, if a little dog eared. I was going to put it up on e-bay with a bunch of other games I'm getting rid of for $5.00.

Chris[/quote:fca02f14f5]

could you give it to mordraine so that he might bring it to the wod one-shot? if i likes what i see i can give him the cash. entirely up to you of course.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]could you give it to mordraine so that he might bring it to the wod one-shot? if i likes what i see i can give him the cash. entirely up to you of course.[/quote]

Yeah, I think I can work that out. Mord? I'll be at Mom and Dad's tomorrow, think you can stop buy for this?

Chris

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Ok, here are the characters. Quick note that I they are all fairly normal people so no super cops or vamps listed here. Not even any ex military or gold medal gymnists.

Peter Fairchild
Peter was born to an upper middle class family and was an above average kid. He was popular and played baseball in High School and college. Peter’s younger sister killed herself when he was 18. It took awhile for him to deal but eventually he went on to college and later medical school where he now studies to be a cardiologist. He has one more year to graduate. He also proposed to his girlfriend, Cindy, five months ago but suspects her to be cheating on him.

Jeremy Binks
Jeremy, and his brother, Kale, were raised by their mother after their dad left when they were 2 years old. His mom spent most of that time working and the brothers were raised by the next door neighbor name Selene. Kale followed after Selene in Pagan ritual and ended up marring her daughter, Becca. Jeremy had to find his own way and dropped out of school to do odd jobs both legal and criminal. By the time he was 25 he managed to get a good gig heading a local crew for concerts. Recently, Becca has left Kale and is staying at Jeremey’s.

Thomas Ellington
Tom was born in England were he grew up. At the age of 18 him and a group of friends got together for a big trip to Alaska were they got lost. All but one of his friends died on the trip in which he barely survived. The other survivor, Niesha, was living in the US and he decided to stay with her for awhile. Days turned into weeks, weeks turned to months and months years. They have been living together for 6 years where he works as a waiter at a high class restaurant.

Melissa Karr
Melissa was raised in a strict Christian family. She was happy and popular participating in such things as cheerleading and spelling bees; a prodigy of both beauty and brains. This all changed when Melissa got pregnant at 17. She kept the child a secret for as long as possible not telling anyone which made her stressed and caused a miscarriage. The experience left her empty and lost. She flunked out of high school and wouldn’t eat. She currently tries to rediscover herself by doing anything that is interesting from parachuting, sex, drugs, parties, sports but the only thing that brings her fulfillment is her weekly church going.

Tyler Coaler
Tyler was born to a lower middle class family. He did fine in school but loved the arts. After graduating from High School he went to community college to learn graphics. Tyler's girlfriend at the time got him into some TV commercials and he decided to pursue acting. After five years of trying to get another gig and no luck he decided to return to graphics and do plays at local theaters. Tyler is also a bartender and is dating a girl who has two kids who love him.

Jose Munez
Jose was born in LA where his father would work for drug dealers. Jose’s father got taken in when Jose was 12 but Jose had learned enough to pick up where his dad left off. Between Jose, his sister, and some friends they managed to earn a lot of money quickly, about twice as fast as Jose’s father. About six years later things went bad as one of Jose’s friends was shot and killed, his girlfriend got pregnant and he went to jail. Jose managed to only get 7 years by selling out his suppliers. He has recently been released where he picked up right where he left off.

EDIT grammatical errors :roll:
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

dibs on ellington.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Dibs on the chick, pls.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

I'll take Jose.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[threadjack]
[quote="jimmy corrigan's sig"]Mrs. White: Yes, I did it. I killed Yvette. I hated her sooo much it, it the, it, flame, flames, FLAMES on the side of my face, breathing, breathle...heaving breaths, heaving...[/quote]

Man, I loved that movie!

[/threadjack]

Chris

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm digging on Jeremy Binks.

ps - didn't hook up with Blanchprez this weekend to get the ST book. Sorry!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I'm grooving with both of the last 2. So I'll leave it up to SmartJunky to pick
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Quick reminder that tonight is the night for the WoD oneshot!!! If anyone can't make it speak now!!!
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

i'll be providing some pizza for grub. we usually try to get together around 6:30pm or so. see ya'll then!
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

lots of fun all. never was playing a repressed waiter who didn't know he was a vampire (like how many of those are out there?.. i bet i'd be surprised) so much fun. thanks for running it again chris and for hosting andy. it was super nice to meet more fun people from the boards simon, liz and andy. i'll probably see all your shining faces again for coc:dark ages!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

That was cool! I didn't realize we were goths till the Killian Red and Andy getting shot several times.

yep I hope to see you guys for CoC Dark Ages
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

I had a blast - it was great to meet you, JC. See you guys soon.