Demon Battle

Exalted PbP game
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Antion"]Antion will push his way through the guards (excusing himself politely as he goes) to get a better view of what is going on. Antion makes sure that Korum stays behind the guards. Antion will try and position himself so that he can see what the bowman is aiming at.[/quote]

As Antion moved around the soldiers, and to the doorway, he saw the man with the bow nock and shoot another arrow. A little ahead of the man with the arrow, he saw another man charge into the room with a spear. Farther inside the room, he saw some desperate looking soldiers. And all attention was on the monstrosity they were all fighting. A huge creature seeming to be made entirely of burning coal stood in the center of the battle. It's eyes were burning white hot holes. A crack showed in it's broad chest where oozed steaming magma.

Owl loosed his arrow at the Demon. The creature moved with incredible speed to attempt to dodge the trajectory spinning it's way. It wasn't completely successful. The arrow glanced off it's shoulder, sending burning sparks through the air. Then the creature grabbed one of the soldiers nearby and [i]threw[/i] him at Owl. The soldier plowed into Owl, knocking him down and also knocking the breath out of him.

Meantime, Barton charged in with his spear and attacked fearlessly. His weapon struck true and the ex-seaman felt the shock of impact. It seemed like his spear just bounced harmlessly off the rock-hard substance that made up the body of the demon.

[OOC - The demon is taking two actions this round. Splitting his pool, he gets: Dodge - 8, Thrown attack - 7 (the soldier as weapon). Owl, taking his full action as shooting his Oricalcum bow, he gets his 11 dice again which is more than enough to hit, beating out the dodge attempt, and he does 2 more levels of lethal damage to the demon.

Unfortunately, he also gets pummelled by the soldier that was thrown at him. His soak is Stam + Buff Jacket = 6, the body thrown at him does 8 - 6 soak, so 2 levels of bashing damage get through to Owl.

Barton's attack hits the demon, who is not dodging him (only the arrow). However, Bart's damage pool of Str 3 + Spear 3 is not enough to get through the demon's powerful soak score and he does no damge.

Next turn Antion can join the battle. Owl will, however, be spending the next turn getting up and regaining his breath]

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[I'd just like to note that I was using excellent strike, hence the whole glittering essence bit. Sorry if I didn't post that originally...))
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[OOC - Hm... Yes it would've been nice to know. You also should've specified how many motes of essence you spent. But in either case, the Excellent Strike gives you a bonus to hit, but nothing for damage. Your spear still bounced harmlessly off the rock-hard hide of the demon.]
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[I'll attempt to attack the creature. I'll use "One Weapon Two Blows" (3m) and "Excellent Strike" (2/2m 4 total)) for two attacks at (dex 4 + mellee (sword) 6 + Excellent Strike 2 + Daiclaive Accuracy 3 = 15)
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Owls face shows a look of shocked disbelief as the soldier flies through the air staright at him. So intense was his concentration on his magical bow in an attempt to take down the demon that he had no time to dodge.

The soldier hit with great force, knocking both men back and down in a tangled heap. Owl quickly tries to untangle himself, simutaniously checking to make sure hte soldier is okay and looking for a bit of cover for his next shots at the demon.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Barton grunts, staring disbelieveingly at his smashed spearhead for a moment before dropping it... bringing his fists up with a dark look in his eyes...

OOC: Meh, I'm taking some artistic liscence here. I'm saying that Bart snapped his spear, and he's switching to fists... meh, and I'm activating his brawl charm. Don't have my book with me, but it doubles the number of extra sucesses on an attack for the purposes of doing damage.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Striking Owl noted that the soldier that crashed into him was unconscious, which was probably a blessing all things considered. He sprang to the ready and turned to face the hellish creature once more. At first glance, there wasn't much to take cover behind. Over turned furniture here and there, but that was farther inside the room. Owl did note, however, that the far wall was blasted, and there was a fire in the next room (probably the source of the unnatural smoke viewed from outside the palace). [OOC - don't recall if I mentioned that before, but now's a good time to mention it again if so.]

Meanwhile, a deep rumbling issued from the demon, and Barton thought he could make out words in that rumble. The thing was saying, "Foolish mortals, you cannot destroy the likes of me. I am Serrated Flame, demon of the Burning Magma!" Then the thing's mouth opened wide as if it's jaw unhinged and it belched forth flaming chunks of red-hot coals straight into Barton's chest. The seaman was knocked off his feet. It burned! Even through his chain shirt he could feel it.

Antion came in slashing with his Daiclaive drawn, it's wide blade shimmered golden with Essence. Twice he struck. He could feel it grate against the rock-hard hide of the monster and sparks flew, but damage was done. Two fissures appeared across the chest of the creature and molten magma seeped forth. The monster yelled out a horrible rumbling yell that sent shivers down the spine of everyone present, and it was hard to determine if the yell was pain or anger.

[OOC - The demon, having the advantage of initiative, struck Barton before he could get off a punch, using some sort of demonic charm that allowed him to spew forth burning coals. Barton's chain shirt doesn't help in the soaking of this particular magical attack, unfortunately, and he takes 3 levels of bashing!

Meanwhile, Antion's attack with his daiklaive is very effective. He did 6 levels of lethal damage to the demon! For those keeping track, that's 10 levels of lethal against the thing so far for this battle...]

(...sorry smartmonkey! ;) )
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

OOC: No worries boss. Just lemme know when it's my go again.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

OOC - ah good point... This round you'll be regaining your breath. Antion and Owl can both attack the demon.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

{OOC I'll repeat the same action blowing another 5 motes of personal for a total of 14 essence.)

"Demon, Begone!!!" Antion says as he once again jumps at the horrible creature swinging his Daiclaive.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[OOC: I'm assuming that the guards are still there.]

Owl nocks another arrow, screaming at the stuned guards, "Water! Go get some water in buckets, now!"

He then moves to take as much cover as he can behind the wall, firing his bow once more, this time aiming at the creatures face, so as to draw attention away from Barton and Antion, so that they might get more effecient attacks in.

[I'm going to use Wise Arrow this time, which I believe adds to my attack, but as i don't have the book right now, I'm not sure. If you want to look it up, cool, other wise, I'll post my die pool when I get home]

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!