Silas and the Dragons

Exalted PbP game
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Silas"]He says to Haruspex, "Perhaps we can find a way around. If the Dragon-Blooded go in, we could follow, but stay close as I shall try and push my way through the crowd, but I would like to leave the dragon-blooded still unawares of our presence."[/quote]

Haruspex nodded agreement. "Finding a way around seems... wise. This crowd has turned ugly..."

At the front of the crowd, where the bull-headed Dragon-Blooded had pushed his way through and tried to order everyone home, there was a sudden angry surge forward. The two other Terrestrials tried to push their way to their friend, but made no headway. For a few moments, Silas lost sight of the first Terrestrial as he seemd overwhelmed by the angry mob.

Then, he and Haruspex saw a glow. The crowd parted slightly, and the first Terrestrial could be seen. A nimbus of fire seemed to burn around his body. Silas had to squint to look directly at him, such was the brightness, but it was obvious by his expression that he was angry.

As the crowd parted away from him, the nimbus cooled somewhat, but then the Terrestrial lifted off the ground, drifting up into the air. He held his red jade pole arm aloft and his voice fairly boomed and resonated through the streets as he said, "I SAY AGAIN! GO BACK TO YOUR HOMES!" Around his body burst brilliant red swirls of essence.

Then he drifted back to the ground with an expression that brooked no disobedience. The crowd started dispursing almost immediately, mumbling and looking back at him. Soon no-one stood in the plaza except the three Dragon-Blooded, with Silas and Haruspex some paces away.

"Aloo," said the handsome Terrestrial, with a hint of sarcasm, "You're always so good with people."

"Let's just go inside," said the one called Aloo, orange-red swirls still evident around his figure. He turned, with nary a look to Silas or Haruspex, and stormed quickly towards the 100 Steps. The other two followed him.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

Silas watches the Dragon-blooded rise up above the surging crowd. His hand surrupticiously drifting to his sword as Aloo blazed. As the crowd disperses, Silas finds a direction to go, hoping to make the Dragon-blooded think they were dispersing as well.

Silas smiles. "Seems the crowd has decided to take its ugliness elsewhere. And Look, an open door. Let us given them a few moments head start, and make our own way up the 100 steps."

Silas waits a full minute before heading up the steps himself.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Up the stairs went Silas, followed a pace or two behind by Haruspex. The 100 Steps led up to the grand gate of the palace. The gate was set in a dome-topped ante-building. A short arched corridor led from the gate through the ante-building and out into the palace courtyard. The courtyard was a lush garden, filled with exotic plants and trimmed topiaries. The main dome was straight ahead, where Silas could see the crack and the ugly smoke pouring forth. Several other domed buildings led off from the main building, as well as a number of spires and towers.

There was no trace of the Dragon-Blooded that Silas followed. They had evidentally proceeded to the main building from whence the smoke erupted.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
BreakfastOfChampions

Silas nods quietly to Haruspex, though it seems the strange fellow has no problem being silent. Normally, he would be more cautious, checking for ambush by the dragon-blooded, and looking for signs of a double back, but his curiousity has the best of him, and he silently makes his way toward the main building and the smoke, his hand resting gingerly on his sword.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

The huge ivory double-doors to the main building was left open into the entrance hall. The floors of the hall were beautifully veined marble. Another large pair of ivory doors were on the opposite side of the hall, closed. Two sweeping, curving stairways led upstairs, apparently meeting at the top at a corridor.

The three Dragon-Blooded were making their way cautiously up the stairs and hadn't noticed Silas or Haruspex enter. From the corridor upstairs, sounds of a furious struggle could be heard.
BreakfastOfChampions

Silas will continue to try and make sure the Dragon Blooded don't notice him. He also tries to determine what kind of struggle it is, and the nature of the combatants.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

The attention of the Dragon-Blooded, for the time being, is riveted on the sounds coming from the second story.

Silas heard yells, the clang of steel, and a loud rumbling roar from that direction. The roar was particularly note-worthy because it sounded like nothing of earthly origins.
BreakfastOfChampions

Silas quietly draws his blade, moves more quickly up the steps. He notices his companion isn't armed, and offers him a dagger.

"Its not much, but its served me well enough." Silas whispers.