Palace Goings-on

Exalted PbP game
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[OOC - most people are close enough to the same area that I'm starting this thread so that everyone can participate in one place... with that said, let's GET IT ON!]

Antion Revora, Striking Owl, Barton Wavecrest, Unearthly Earth Demon, various out-of-their-league guards
Battle Royale (continued from the Demon Battle thread)

In a room on the second level of the palace, a battle was taking place against an unearthly demon. Mere moments ago, Antion struck a telling blow with his mighty daiklave, while Barton was being pummelled by molten rocks that spewed from the creatures mouth and Owl readied his trusty power-bow.

The horrible roar that emanated from the monster after it was struck by Antion left an eerie silence in the air for a moment or two. Then Antion pressed the attack once more while Owl nocked and shot another arrow at the beast (all the while shouting at the guards to get water for the fire he noticed in the other room). Barton stood up, finding it a bit painful to breath.

The monster itself, however, was not standing still. It's huge arm swung with unbelievable swiftness and caught Antion on the left shoulder as he began his attack. His Orichalcum armor absorbed most of the blow from the huge fist, but he was still knocked sideways and thrown off balance because of the terrific force.

Owl's arrow shimmered with Essence and flew true, striking the monster, this time in the upper torso as he finished his swing against Antion. Antion was only able to get off one attack because of the smashing fist of the creature, but his daiklave flashed and sparked off the rock-hard hide of the creature, sending chips of smoking stone in every direction.

The creature stumbled back from the attacks. Then for a moment it stood stock still. It's mouth hung open and it's black eyes blinked once. Glowing cracks and fissures appeared all across it's body and it started trembling and shaking.

"This cannot be!" It rumbled. "You are mere mortals! I am Serrated-"

Suddenly, it EXPLODED! Burning rock and magma flew everywhere and everyone in the room was thrown forcefully to the floor from the blast.

[OOC - Antion takes 1 level of bashing from the beast's blow. Everyone takes 3 lethal damage from the explosion, except Antion, who's armor absorbs some of the explosion, so he only takes 2 lethal. Everyone is also down and stunned for the next turn...]

Akar Charim, Vagar Halcon, Tri-Khan Akrilar, Mask
Face off with a madman (continued from the Are We Not Men? thread)

In the next room, where a noxious fire raged and sent red and yellow smoke through the gaping hole in the domed ceiling, a madman in a white and silver cloak stood holding the city's leader Tri-Khan Akrilar hostage, along with his information minister Mask. The madman, as yet unnamed, was enjoying his moment of victory over the Tri-Khan, when he was interrupted by two interlopers, namely Akar and Vagar.

Moments ago, Akar rushed forward to attack the man, but some unseen forcefield kept him at bay. This man held a strange fluted ivory staff, and Akar noted that when he struck at the man with his sword, the staff glowed slightly and he could feel the tangible tingle of Essence being expended. The man taunted Akar after his ineffective blow

Not far away, Vagar moved to cover the Tri-Khan and his advisor, drawing his bow. The Tri-Khan warned Vagar to leave, but Mask seemed to sense something about these two intruders.

It was then that the explosion from the other room shook the palace. Everyone's attention went to the destroyed wall where they could see (through the flames) the outcome of the battle that raged there. The demon had been destroyed (or at least banished). The madman's expression went from crazed glee to horrified astonishment to insane anger as his mind registered what happened.

He turned with a jerk back to face the Tri-Khan and spittle flew as he yelled, "I don't know how you were able to defeat my minion! But this is not over, tyrant!"

He raised his staff and pointed it directly at Tri-Khan Akrilar. The tip of the staff began glowing orange and both Akar and Vagar could feel the Essence building.

Silas Morlone, Haruspex, three Dragon-Blooded
Up the stairs (continued from the Silas and the Dragons thread)

Silas and his strange companion Haruspex followed silently behind the three Dragon-Blooded they had run into (literally in the case of Silas) down by the docks. At the moment they were headed up the sweeping staircase in the antechamber of the palace, which led to the upper level, and the battle. The three Dragon-Blooded, namely Peleps Ferman, Peleps Aloo, Cynis Bryon, were intent on figuring out what was going on above and as yet had not noticed the two following them.

At the top of the stairs, the three were beset by palace guards and city soldiery, who were, it seemed, in quick retreat.

"Demon!" one of them yelled.

"What's this? What now?" asked Aloo. He tried to grab the man, but he was running headlong down the stairs, along with his companions. Aloo growled with exasperation and rushed down the corridor from which the guards had so recently evacuated, and from where the sound of battle emanated. His two companions followed. Bryon looked back at the retreating guards and saw Silas and Haruspex as they ducked out of the way. He made eye contact with Silas, and smiled a slight cynical smile before going on ahead with his two friends.

That's when Silas and Haruspex heard the explosion. The bannister shook with the force of it.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

[quote="Mordraine"]
He raised his staff and pointed it directly at Tri-Khan Akrilar. The tip of the staff began glowing orange and both Akar and Vagar could feel the Essence building.
[/quote]

Vagar did not want to know what power the crazed man was calling forth. He calmed himself and drew back his arrow, letting his essence through him.

(Vagar intends to fire his arrow at arm holding the staff. Archery 3 + Dexterity 3 + Wise Arrow Charm +6 = 12)

No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

Adjusts his grip on his blade, adjusting his weight for the shaking of the banister to avoid falling. "Demon, eh? What would a demon be doing in a temple? Let the Dragon-Blooded have their due with the thing, for to them surely we would be demons as well. Lets see what kind of reception they can give the thing."

Silas moves quickly up the stairs once the Dragon-blooded have entered.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Silas edged up the stairway as he watched the three Dragon-Blooded rush down the corridor. It was a bit smokey up here.

From behind him, Haruspex said, "I have a feeling we might be meeting up with some of those folks I was telling you about back on the ship..."

In the meantime, Antion, Owl, and Barton were all slowly picking themselves up off the floor and looking around. Several guards were lying stunned on the floor. There were shards of smoking stone strewn around the room, all that was left of the horrible demon. The fire still raged in the next room and they could hear shouting in there, though no details could be made through the flames.

"What's going on here!" bellowed a voice. They turned to see three figures standing in the doorway. All wore Imperial navy uniforms. One was stocky and sharp featured, one was blonde and balding, and one was exceptionally handsome. The stocky one stepped forward. "Well? I expect an answer!"

(OOC - Gotetsu, what's Akar doin'?)
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

Silas peers through the smoke and wreckage. He murmurs dryly, "Really Haruspex? Seems like a normal day to me."

Silas walks forward warily but quickly, sword in hand.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[OCC - Do I have time to use Unseen Statue Spirit, or has the Dragon Blooded already seen me?

Also, I've lost track of how many motes of essense I've sepnt... I think I'm nearing 15, but I've lost my notes on what I've spent.]

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Barton lays on his back - idly admiring the mosaic on the rooms ceiling, and taking a tally of what hurt, and what didn't. After a moment, he reached into his wide, sashlike belt and withdrew a small flask of strong liquor, and took a long swig... "Bloody 'orrible way to do buisness, Wavecrest..." as he drains the flask, sitting up, groaning at his limbs protests...
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]
In the meantime, Antion, Owl, and Barton were all slowly picking themselves up off the floor and looking around. Several guards were lying stunned on the floor. There were shards of smoking stone strewn around the room, all that was left of the horrible demon. The fire still raged in the next room and they could hear shouting in there, though no details could be made through the flames.

"What's going on here!" bellowed a voice. They turned to see three figures standing in the doorway. All wore Imperial navy uniforms. One was stocky and sharp featured, one was blonde and balding, and one was exceptionally handsome. The stocky one stepped forward. "Well? I expect an answer!"[/quote]

Antion sheeths places his weapon on his back and stands tall and firm.

"Forgive me for the outrage, sir. My companion and I noticed there was a problem in this here building and decided to investigate. Other palace guards told of of a problem and we lent assistance. Turns out you had some sort of demon in this here chamber and between me and these two fine gentleman we were able to destroy it. If there is any further way we can lend assistance I would be more than willing to do so.

(OOC social stats are Cha 4 and Presence 4 (or socialize 2). I won't use any charms else I start turning colors. I also give them a big smile :D )

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote]"Forgive me for the outrage, sir. My companion and I noticed there was a problem in this here building and decided to investigate. Other palace guards told of of a problem and we lent assistance. Turns out you had some sort of demon in this here chamber and between me and these two fine gentleman we were able to destroy it. If there is any further way we can lend assistance I would be more than willing to do so. [/quote]

Barton blinks, noticing the three in Imperial Navy garb. He blinks a few more times, mind churning rapidly, then slumps back to where he was, whispering "bloody hell..." as he gives playing dead his best shot... with an idle prayer to the Unconquered Sun that he never served any of THESE three...

OOC: Meh. Bart served in the Imperial Navy for a while, does he recognize any of these three newcomers?

Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="BlanchPrez"][OCC - Do I have time to use Unseen Statue Spirit, or has the Dragon Blooded already seen me?

Also, I've lost track of how many motes of essense I've sepnt... I think I'm nearing 15, but I've lost my notes on what I've spent.]
[/quote]

No time to activate Unseen Statue Spirit. You're just coming out of your stunned state when they entered the room.

RE: spent essence - you've only spent 5 motes tops, from what I see, and I went back to your prelude! :) You powered Graceful Crane Stance for 3 motes, and you used Wise Arrow for your last shot at the demon, although you didn't specify essence spent on that. I'm just assuming 2. And it's all personal too, so no anima is active.

Let me know if I missed something where you spent a bunch of essence, but I think you're okay.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[OCC - I thought powering the bow required essense... damn, I have to reread stuff in the book again.]

Owl stands and gives a slight bow to the new arrivals, but does his best to stay in the background, allowing the others to speak.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="mordraine"](OOC - Gotetsu, what's Akar doin'?)[/quote]

(OOC-Hey that's me! :oops:)

Following the line of sight from the staff, Akar sees that Vagar is aiming his bow. He will trust his companion's skill, but be ready to back him up. With that he crouched slightly, and raised his weapon, his focus on the man's torso. He would strike him down, but not kill him, if at all possible.

(OOC- Akar will hold his attack until the result of Vagar's arrow. When the shot is fired, whether it is a hit or miss, he will spring and attack. I don't have my character sheet here, but I want to use a charm that will cause a maximum amount of damage. I have no care for my Anima flaring at this point.)

"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.