DP9 28mm game.

Miniatures, Boardgames, video games, etc.
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

Who else is thinking about checking this out? I want to play a non-mecha SF minis game and am not stoked about the current offerings. Starship Troopers (Mongoose) might be an option but the force selection might be really limited (Bugs or Mobile Infantry).

So what can our esteemed designer tell us about the new DP9 stuff? I've played Heavy Gear, the core system was really solid (please tell me the new rules don't require drawing cards for unit activation). Will there be new non-HG science fiction minis? Any major rules changes? New rules for higher-tech weapons than HG?
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Lowly Uhlan"]Who else is thinking about checking this out? I want to play a non-mecha SF minis game and am not stoked about the current offerings. Starship Troopers (Mongoose) might be an option but the force selection might be really limited (Bugs or Mobile Infantry).

So what can our esteemed designer tell us about the new DP9 stuff? I've played Heavy Gear, the core system was really solid (please tell me the new rules don't require drawing cards for unit activation). Will there be new non-HG science fiction minis? Any major rules changes? New rules for higher-tech weapons than HG?[/quote]

Well I have the rules on my computer and I think they are pretty solid. :P

The basic idea is to take the RPG combat rules and slim them down for use in a tactical wargame. While I am not sure if the rules will be in the latest rule book, they will very likely be on the website for free.

They are designed to do small groups (10-20 max) and be very realistic (i.e. guns kill really well and guns shoot 800 meters). This means that most weapons will be shooting between 100-400 inches. Yes very close, but the key will be to take cover and keep moving. Hand to hand will be... ummm... not recommended.

Jonathan

Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

(even thouggh the reply only took a week :roll: )

So it will simulate modern combat more than most miniature games. What a novel idea! :D

Mongoose's Starship Troopers is going to be 30mm, it might be the one I go with.
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."