It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:10 pm 
Wizened Witch

Who else is thinking about checking this out? I want to play a non-mecha SF minis game and am not stoked about the current offerings. Starship Troopers (Mongoose) might be an option but the force selection might be really limited (Bugs or Mobile Infantry).

So what can our esteemed designer tell us about the new DP9 stuff? I've played Heavy Gear, the core system was really solid (please tell me the new rules don't require drawing cards for unit activation). Will there be new non-HG science fiction minis? Any major rules changes? New rules for higher-tech weapons than HG?

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:00 pm 
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Lowly Uhlan wrote:
Who else is thinking about checking this out? I want to play a non-mecha SF minis game and am not stoked about the current offerings. Starship Troopers (Mongoose) might be an option but the force selection might be really limited (Bugs or Mobile Infantry).

So what can our esteemed designer tell us about the new DP9 stuff? I've played Heavy Gear, the core system was really solid (please tell me the new rules don't require drawing cards for unit activation). Will there be new non-HG science fiction minis? Any major rules changes? New rules for higher-tech weapons than HG?

Well I have the rules on my computer and I think they are pretty solid. :P

The basic idea is to take the RPG combat rules and slim them down for use in a tactical wargame. While I am not sure if the rules will be in the latest rule book, they will very likely be on the website for free.

They are designed to do small groups (10-20 max) and be very realistic (i.e. guns kill really well and guns shoot 800 meters). This means that most weapons will be shooting between 100-400 inches. Yes very close, but the key will be to take cover and keep moving. Hand to hand will be... ummm... not recommended.

Jonathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:40 pm 
Wizened Witch

(even thouggh the reply only took a week :roll: )

So it will simulate modern combat more than most miniature games. What a novel idea! :D

Mongoose's Starship Troopers is going to be 30mm, it might be the one I go with.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]