City of Heroes!

Miniatures, Boardgames, video games, etc.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

So, I finally got around to designing the aliens that destroyed Captain Noble's homeworld.

She needs a name, and I'm leaning towards a dark/dark brute for her power set. Also, I think I'm going to tweek her armor a little by adding a utility belt and perhaps some kind of harness or bandoleer.

What do you guys think?

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

So, I re-made Masked Vengeance, and I like him. I'm enjoying playing him too. :D Here he side by side with MR for comparison.

ImageImage

And here he is in action.

Here's his background:

On Pratorian Earth Robert Ryan led a life of misery. His parents worked heard for little pay, and they lived in poverty for as long as Robert could remember. And always, Robert watched as beings like Tyrant ruled the world, leaving him crushed under their foot. In an effort to elevate his position, he moved to Paragon City, hoping to make something of himself. It was there that he met Patricia Andrasofszky, the daughter of a local drug lord, and her brother, Jason. He and Patricia started dating, and he found himself climbing up the ladder of her father’s organization. That was when things started going wrong.

A rival drug lord, looking to get back at Patricia’s father, had both Patricia and Jason killed, and Robert witnessed it all. He was unable to stop it. And Patricia’s father blamed him for allowing it to happen. Robert was forced to flee, but he didn’t know where to go. That was when he met Ming. Ming was a mysterious Chinese man, who seemed to be so old that he would blow away in a stiff wind. But he turned out to be strong, and fast, and offered to teach everything he knew about Ninjitsu to Robert. With no where else to go, and seeing a chance at vengeance, Robert took him up on his offer.

Ming was an excellent teacher, and Robert was like a sponge, soaking up everything he was told. In a little over two years, he had learned almost everything Ming had taught him. Robert felt he was ready to leave, to return to Paragon City and gain his vengeance. Ming refused. This, then, was Robert’s first true test as a ninja. He managed to sneak up on Ming and kill the old man before Ming knew what was happening. Robert left and never looked back.

Once in Paragon, Robert decided he needed to do things differently than last time. It was obvious to him now that only those with costumes and powers gained respect. So, he designed himself a costume, and, calling himself Masked Vengeance, started going about his revenge. After killing the man who actually killed Patricia and Jason, he then went after than man’s boss. Then, he killed Patricia’s father. And even though these murders did nothing to releave his pain, it did make him forget things for a while. And so he kept on killing, aiming mostly at the drug lords. It wasn’t long before Masked Vengeance gained a reputation, getting contracts and lots of money to kill people. Robert finally had the respect and money he always felt he deserved.

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Kick ass! Except that Ninjas are Japanese, not Chinese. Remember Brainsmasher: A Love Story? :lol:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Kick ass! Except that Ninjas are Japanese, not Chinese. Remember [i]Brainsmasher: A Love Story[/i]? :lol:[/quote]

Good point.

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

So, now I have to come up with a cool background for Dark-Dynamo.

Say, where's Head Banger? :smile:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Remember that this background was just a modification of Masked Revenger's background. All I did was twist it so he became a villain instead of a hero.

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I decided against the "alternate Earth" story, and went with something a bit more Marvelesque:

It could have been during any number of run-ins Dynamo-Man had had with the Council. But somewhere, somehow, they managed to get a DNA sample of him. Probably from a drop of blood on the floor after a particularly hard hit. But whatever, they now his genetic sequence. And with their spies at Crey, they had cloning technology. It was still experimental, and the first few attempts were nothing you would call “successful.” But eventually the bugs got worked out, and a viable clone of Dynamo-Man had been grown. Accelerated growth and aging, subliminal training and genetic manipulation produced Specimen-6. He was almost an exact duplicate of Dynamo-Man, with the exception of some improvements in his powers of invulnerability. However, one thing they didn’t factor in was his inherent desire for freedom and identity that he shared with his “father.” So, it was a bit of a shock to his masters when S-6 broke out, and ran off to lose himself in the streets of The Rogue Isles. Fashioning a costume similar to his progenitor, albeit darker to match his ingrained hatred of the established law and order, S-6 became known as Dark-Dynamo. He has begun making a reputation for himself among the criminal elite.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Nice.

And, hey, that's an interesting egg you got there. :P

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Thanks! :)
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Don't know if you saw this over on the Guru forums, Chris. But I felt like goofing around with Timm-plates. :biggrin:

Btw, did you get the scan I sent you?
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Since no one was on last night, I decided to create a new alt that had been milling around in my head for a while.

THE SUPER-FLEA HAS ARRIVED!

Yeah, he's small and talks in the third person. :mrgreen:
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

NICE! I love it!

Yeah, I wanted to get on last night, but the baby was causing all kinds of trouble with us trying to get him to sleep. Around 11, I gave up on actually doing anything on the computer and just went to bed.

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

That sucks. Oh, well. Family first! :smile:

Btw, The Super-Flea is a Inv/EM Tanker on Virtue. He's 4th and a half right now. :biggrin:
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]That sucks. Oh, well. Family first! :smile:

Btw, The Super-Flea is a Inv/EM Tanker on Virtue. He's 4th and a half right now. :biggrin:[/quote]

Sweet, we gotta team up. I love his look. He's like a mini-tick. :)

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Yeah, he's basically a super-powered version of The Flea from Mucha Lucha.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Hey, Gotetsu, I wanted to apologize aobut last night. My computer froze in the middle of the loading screen as I went to get Captain Crusaider. So, I just shut my computer off and went to bed.

Sorry.

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

No worries. I figured that's what happened. So I logged in with US Trooper, respeced him, and visited Icons. I wanted him to be a bit more of a Patriot.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, so I got a kick today. I respeced Gortek, and visited Icon's. And I even built a rudimentary base (though by Orc standards, it's quite lavish).

And after your dissappointment last night, I remade Dr. Neutronic.

I stayed home "sick" today. :wink:
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

So, I decided since Cthulhu doesn't have CoV yet, I would make Oswald for him. :lol:

Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Cool! Anyone going to be on today?
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I will be off and on. Though lately I have been playing US Trooper a lot over on Virtue.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I called your cell phone, John. We were on this afternoon. I'm going to try to get on in about an hour or so.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

So, lately Captain Crusaider and US Trooper have been teaming up alot.

Last night, they even managed to help stop the Hellions from burning a building down in Steel Canyon!

Chris
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Well, this weekend I made the huge mistake of renewing my account for CoH.... I do not have time for this kind of thing, but I have the money now, so I went ahead. I had to rename my primary character on Champion (I knew I was lucky to get "Ultraviolet" in the first place), but I made an Archery/Devices Blaster on Victory and farted around with him a bit. I still have Material Girl and Rusty Venture on Victory, too, though they're both pretty low. I think Material Girl is 9th. If scheduling works out and you guys have low-level alts, I'm up for teaming sometime.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I got some alts that might be around 9 or 10.

Chris
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

What levels are your primary characters now? Trying to figure out what the odds are of being able to get one of my Victory characters up to a comparable level anytime soon. Material Girl is the most likely candidate, but she's also not that exciting (last time I looked). Rusty Venture is nice and flavorful (for any Venture Brothers fans out there), but only about 3rd-5th. And the Grey Targeteer, while low, has proven to be a pretty fun blaster to play, I must say.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="devlin1"]What levels are your primary characters now? Trying to figure out what the odds are of being able to get one of my Victory characters up to a comparable level anytime soon. Material Girl is the most likely candidate, but she's also not that exciting (last time I looked). Rusty Venture is nice and flavorful (for any Venture Brothers fans out there), but only about 3rd-5th. And the Grey Targeteer, while low, has proven to be a pretty fun blaster to play, I must say.[/quote]

I've been spending a lot of time over on Victory (plus I have altitise, which took hold with CoV), so my mains are still around 22 and 20.

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I can probably accomodate any range you need on Victory. Even if that means starting from scratch (like I need an excuse).

And I have been playing a lot on Virtue lately too. My current preference is US Trooper, who, due to me being home taking care of Lisa while she is sick today, will probably end up getting to 16th.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I have a few on Virtue as well, although I made so many alts "back in the day" that I honestly can't remember who's where. I have at least one or two, if not more, on every server. I'll check that out and see what's available.
Mike Olson
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

What's your global handle?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Gotetsu"]What's your global handle?[/quote]
Mothmonsterman. I'm not sure why. I mean, I know I chose it, because that's my name on the CoH boards (not that I've visited in the last year or so...), but I couldn't tell you why.

Mike Olson
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Sounds keen. :)

I'm @Dynamo-Man, and BlanchPrez is @Masked Revenger. Cthulhu is @AzureWind1, I think. He's never on. :P
chryscommathe
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by chryscommathe »

:raises hand: @greenpants here.
Coward, eh? I prefer to think of myself as prudent... cautious... and, unlike some people I can name, still up here!

- Chrys, The -
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="chryscommathe"]:raises hand: @greenpants here.[/quote]

Welcome aboard! Feel free to add me to your global lists and look me up in game. :)

Dev, I got your global friend request last night.

Chris

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Dev, I got your global friend request last night.[/quote]
Yeah, I was barely able to send it between mapserver disconnects. Sheesh. I don't know what was going on, but several times in a row I wouldn't be on more than a minute or so before seeing my two favorite words on the screen.

Mike Olson
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="devlin1"]Yeah, I was barely able to send it between mapserver disconnects. Sheesh. I don't know what was going on, but several times in a row I wouldn't be on more than a minute or so before seeing my two favorite words on the screen.[/quote]

See if you cant' set your graphics a little lower. Issue 6 (CoV) updated the graphics a lot.

Chris

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Wow. Vote for the next zones to appear in game!

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat ... ost5014370

How cool is this?

Chris
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Wow. Vote for the next zones to appear in game!

[url=http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=info&Number=5014370&bodyprev=#Post5014370]http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=info&Number=5014370&bodyprev=#Post5014370[/url]

How cool is this?

Chris[/quote]

This is bullshit. Pussy Land's not even on the list!

Mike Olson
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Masked-Revenger makes Crey Industries Thread of the Weak!

:mrgreen:

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Congratulations! :biggrin:

I can't wait until Friday! :mad:

Btw, Mark (my friend in Salinas) just got on this weekend. I will have to find out his global handle, but I told him we all mostly play on Victory and Virtue.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Btw, Mark (my friend in Salinas) just got on this weekend. I will have to find out his global handle, but I told him we all mostly play on Victory and Virtue.[/quote]

Sweet. Pass him my Global, too, tell him to look me up.

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Well, since the Guru forums are down for the moment, I'll post my good news here.

Dynamo-Man dinged level 30 last night! :biggrin:
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Well, since the Guru forums are down for the moment, I'll post my good news here.

[SIZE="4"][b]Dynamo-Man dinged level 30 last night! [/b][/SIZE] :biggrin:[/quote]

Rock on!!!!

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Yeah, now I have to do the next Tailor mission, so I can get my new costume. I'm thinking I might go for something Superman-ish. Image
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I dunno. I can't decide what to do for D-Man's third costume. Here's some choices. Which one do you think?

:biggrin:
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Well, I think that 3 is crap. You should go for 2. 1 is okay, too.

:lolup:

Chris
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Are you kidding, the third one's the best of the bunch. :biggrin:
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

They reactivated my account through the weekend. I DLed I7 last night, so I may be on a bit this weekend. Most likely as D-Man or US Trooper.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Coolness!

Chris