Learn To Please Your Woman

Miniatures, Boardgames, video games, etc.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Learn To Please Your Woman

Post by Count Zero »

Hey Guys,

I figured this would get you to actually read the thread. :P

I know we have a few wargamers here and there. I am really unsatisfied with most of the sci-fi game systems out there and it started to make me hate miniatures games. So, I am currently working on an infantry combat miniature system. I might do a PDF release if it seems to be worth while, but it is more just for the hell of it. I need some playtesters to see if what I am coming up with is shit, or if it is actually worth while. It is definately in its early stages. Since it is in the early stages we can use any miniatures we want. If any one is interested in helping me out with this please let me know. E-mail me, post here... whatever works best for you.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Gaaaahhh! Your so lucky I didn't just delete without looking.

I be up for it BTW
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

ha ha! that was brilliant, jonathan.

count me in for your playtest. i want to use pennies.
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]ha ha! that was brilliant, jonathan.

count me in for your playtest. i want to use penises.[/quote]
I am so gay.

"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="J@ke"]That is so gay.[/quote]

only because you suck

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="J@ke"]I am so gay.[/quote]and?
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Don't you play Heavy Gear/Jovian Chronicles? I picked up a cheap copy of JC -ages- ago, and an -ultra- cheap (i.e, 5 bucks) copy of HG2e last week, and the tactical rules in both of those seem reasonably awesome.

I've futzed around with skirmish level wargame design before. I'd be happy to provide proofreading and playtesting if I can wrangle my younger brother into a few games.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

[quote="J@ke"]I am so gay.[/quote]
Hah. Wait that isn't funny.

I think I'm in. And I've got some old lead Starwars minis,

though I think everyone has pennies.

Plus I think you could market a pennies game easier to the casual and

cheap wargamer if you do decide to market.

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Albert, I swear, I'm taking away your admin priviledges.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="smartmonkey"]Don't you play Heavy Gear/Jovian Chronicles? I picked up a cheap copy of JC -ages- ago, and an -ultra- cheap (i.e, 5 bucks) copy of HG2e last week, and the tactical rules in both of those seem reasonably awesome.

I've futzed around with skirmish level wargame design before. I'd be happy to provide proofreading and playtesting if I can wrangle my younger brother into a few games.[/quote]

Proofreading is certainly something I will need.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="mrlost"]Hah. Wait that isn't funny.

I think I'm in. And I've got some old lead Starwars minis,

though I think everyone has pennies.

Plus I think you could market a pennies game easier to the casual and

cheap wargamer if you do decide to market.[/quote]

Pennies are not miniatures.. but yeah.. that would be an easy in for new wargamers... I could call it Change Wars!

Pennies would be infantry. Nickles light vehicles. Dimes would be Power armor. Quarters are Tanks. 50 cent pieces could be giant robots.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Count Zero"]Pennies are not miniatures.. but yeah.. that would be an easy in for new wargamers... I could call it Change Wars!

Pennies would be infantry. Nickles light vehicles. Dimes would be Power armor. Quarters are Tanks. 50 cent pieces could be giant robots.[/quote]

I think you may on to something here... :eek:

"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Please be careful. It was funny, but the only thing that saved it from summary deletion were the 10 replies. I figured if people were reacting to spam bots again and it was funny I wouldn't delete the thread.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

[quote="Count Zero"]Pennies are not miniatures.. but yeah.. that would be an easy in for new wargamers... I could call it Change Wars!

Pennies would be infantry. Nickles light vehicles. Dimes would be Power armor. Quarters are Tanks. 50 cent pieces could be giant robots.[/quote]

Ahh run for your lives! The George Washington Robot is on the loose. Lock up your pies!, desserts, and small fruits! its on a ramapage and it's a choppin' up cherries!

Sven
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Sven »

Count me in for some playtest action. I am a bunch of ...Gasp... 40k guys, specifically Tau. I know that the mere ownership of 1 40k fig makes me a heretic fit to be burned at the stake. Oh well.:frown:
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Don't sweat it. I have a whole box of 40k Orks. I even have Space Hulk and Gorka Morka!
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Sven"]Count me in for some playtest action. I am a bunch of ...Gasp... 40k guys, specifically Tau. I know that the mere ownership of 1 40k fig makes me a heretic fit to be burned at the stake. Oh well.:frown:[/quote]

Actually, I like the figures.. I just hate their games. I really dig space marines, Cadians, and Tau (specifically the Kroot)

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Neuro"]Please be careful. It was funny, but the only thing that saved it from summary deletion were the 10 replies. I figured if people were reacting to spam bots again and it was funny I wouldn't delete the thread.[/quote]

If it would have been deleted, I would have just posted it under a normal name. No big deal really.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Count Zero"]If it would have been deleted, I would have just posted it under a normal name. No big deal really.[/quote]

See, see he is the SPAM master!

Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

[quote="Skyman"]See, see he is the SPAM master![/quote]

I bow before his spam-fu.

"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

I used to play Battlefleet Gothic with my brother using pieces of paper with the ships names marked on them. Never undertestimate the power of cheap gamers.

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="smartmonkey"]I used to play Battlefleet Gothic with my brother using pieces of paper with the ships names marked on them. Never undertestimate the power of cheap gamers.[/quote]your tawdry antics make a mockery of legitimate coin miniaturists like myself. you sicken me, sir.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]your tawdry antics make a mockery of legitimate coin miniaturists like myself. you sicken me, sir.[/quote]

[img]http://www.euterpejones.com/img/Animation2.gif[/img]

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="smartmonkey"]I used to play Battlefleet Gothic with my brother using pieces of paper with the ships names marked on them. Never undertestimate the power of cheap gamers.[/quote]

One of the nice things about Lightning Strike (DP9's space combat game) was that it came with all sorts of paper counters for the ships. In fact, it wasn't originally even going to have miniatures. It was great. You got this collection of ship counters with nice graphics and everything you needed to play.

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Reading over my copy of Jovian Chronicles 1e, it's a -very- awesome setting. Sort've THS, but with less of the futurist questions/open feeling and more awesome-anime-combat-tastics.

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="smartmonkey"]Reading over my copy of Jovian Chronicles 1e, it's a -very- awesome setting. Sort've THS, but with less of the futurist questions/open feeling and more awesome-anime-combat-tastics.[/quote]

THS?

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Count Zero"]THS?[/quote]

Trans Human Space. The Sci-Fi setting for GURPS.