Mongoose looking for help on B5 Space Combat Game.

Miniatures, Boardgames, video games, etc.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Check it out.

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88554

Thought some of you might want to get in on this.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

And another thread here.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB ... highlight=

To the uninformed: The B5 sapce combat game from Mongoose will differ from Babylon 5 Wars (the best minis game ever IMO) in that you'll be able to play large engagements of ships, something you really couldn't do in B5W, it bogged down over 8,000 points. And all indications point to a simpler system. And no, it won't be D20.

I'm really looking forward to it.
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

It's not D20 (which is kinda wierd to say, seeing as it's a Table Top War Game... of course it won't be D20), but it is supposed to work in tandem with their RPG, wich is D20, right?

Chris
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]It's not D20 (which is kinda wierd to say, seeing as it's a Table Top War Game... of course it won't be D20), but it is supposed to work in tandem with their RPG, wich is D20, right?

Chris[/quote]

Right. There were people on the Mongoose boards that kept asking if the minis game would be D20.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Lowly Uhlan"]Right. There were people on the Mongoose boards that kept asking if the minis game would be D20.[/quote]

Really? That seems like such a wierd question to me.

Chris

Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

I couldn't figure it out either.

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Lowly Uhlan"][quote:8519aa327c="BlanchPrez"]It's not D20 (which is kinda wierd to say, seeing as it's a Table Top War Game... of course it won't be D20), but it is supposed to work in tandem with their RPG, wich is D20, right?

Chris[/quote]

Right. There were people on the Mongoose boards that kept asking if the minis game would be D20.[/quote:8519aa327c]

Wasn't chainmail a d20 derivative??? I don't think it would be that hard to come up with a war game using the basic concepts behind d20.

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="cczernia"][quote:83eb36957a="Lowly Uhlan"][quote:83eb36957a="BlanchPrez"]It's not D20 (which is kinda wierd to say, seeing as it's a Table Top War Game... of course it won't be D20), but it is supposed to work in tandem with their RPG, wich is D20, right?

Chris[/quote]

Right. There were people on the Mongoose boards that kept asking if the minis game would be D20.[/quote:83eb36957a]

Wasn't chainmail a d20 derivative??? I don't think it would be that hard to come up with a war game using the basic concepts behind d20.[/quote:83eb36957a]

Actually, I played Chainmail for a while. I really enjoyed the game. The D20 system works really well as a basic miniatures game, especially when slimmed down link they did in Chainmail.

Jonathan