Do you want to play a game?

Miniatures, Boardgames, video games, etc.

Which Miniature Wargames do You Own?

Other (General)
13%
Other (General)
7%
Other (General)
20%
Other (General)
13%
Other (General)
7%
Other (General)
No votes
Other (General)
7%
Other (General)
33%

Total votes: 15

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Do you want to play a game?

Post by Count Zero »

I know there are a few wargaming players on this board. I have been wanting to play the many miniatures games that I have. I wanted to see what games people have.

I often two or three armies for most of my games, so maybe someone would want to use one of mine.

If you have one that is not in the list, then let's talk about that. Maybe we can do that one. We could also discuss starting a new game to play.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I got some confrontation folks...mostly undead but I bought most of those because they looked cool. i'm not aware of the mechanics. I've also played battle tech...but I don't have minatures.

I do have a good amount of Heroclix Marvel and Dungeon Mage.

Personally it kinda blows buying minatures if you can't find folks you can play with and such. It kinda kept me away from buying mini's in the past when I was taught the game parameters but there was no one I knew, who I would like to play with, that had similar interest.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Skyman"]I got some confrontation folks...mostly undead but I bought most of those because they looked cool. i'm not aware of the mechanics. I've also played battle tech...but I don't have minatures.[/quote]

I have a ton of Confrontation figs. I have three armies (Lions, Mid-Nor, and Wolfen) and I am looking to pick up a fourth (Cadwallon). If you would like I could teach you. the game is pretty easy and a lot of fun.

Let me know if you want to get together.

For those who have Heavy Gear. I say we get together and play. I could provide miniatures for other people who want to play. I can provide either a CEF or Northern Force.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Count Zero"]I have a ton of Confrontation figs. I have three armies (Lions, Mid-Nor, and Wolfen) and I am looking to pick up a fourth (Cadwallon). If you would like I could teach you. the game is pretty easy and a lot of fun.

.[/quote]

Sounds like fun...I'm game

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Skyman"]Sounds like fun...I'm game[/quote]

When would you want to play? I get off on weekdays at 6:30, weekends are best for me.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

My weekends are usually preplanned by my better half...I know this weekend is not good because of personal stuff but lemme check with her and I'll see what I can finagle for the following
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

A friend and I are getting together to play Confrontation on Sunday at Game Towne. We will probably get together around 1 or 2 pm. Anyone interested. I have extra armies for people to use and you learn to play with.

Also, I was thinking of taking Heavy Gear again, but was going to avoid the latest incarnation of the rules (i.e. Blitz). Would anyone want to play?

Mr Harkonnen

Post by Mr Harkonnen »

Babylon 5: A Call to Arms
Flames of War
Command at Sea
Victory at Sea
Dirtside II
Warmaster Ancients
Starmada
Full Thrust
Rezolution
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Mr Harkonnen"]Babylon 5: A Call to Arms

Flames of War

Command at Sea

Victory at Sea

Dirtside II

Warmaster Ancients

Starmada

Full Thrust

Rezolution[/quote]

I would like to try out Starmada and Dirtside. I have heard good things about them.