Chromehounds

Miniatures, Boardgames, video games, etc.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Chromehounds

Post by Count Zero »

So I just picked up this mecha game for the Xbox 360. It is fucking cool. As you play the game, you get new equipment and it allows you to build a custom mecha from the parts you win. The single player is kind of slow but still fun.

The thing that sounds really cool is the on-line play. The game has this mode where you are fighting to defend a nation. So you have to move to defend territory and such. I was really impressed with it. The really cool thing is all the equipment you earn in the single player game gets transfered over to the Xbox Live side. Also, you can purchase new equipment for your mecha. The interesting thing is everyone is paying for things from a collective pool. So if you go crazy you can cause your side to loose the war.

Apparently if your mecha gets destroyed, you eject and become an infantryman. Your rifle won't hurt the mecha, but you can still do recon and such.

There is a huge variety of mecha types and just futzing around with building a mecha and taking it on a test drive is cool.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Sounds cool. There hasn't been much in the way of mecha games since the one that cost $100 for the controller. I'll have to check it out.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

I'm currently addicted to Mechwarrior 4: mercenaries. Amazing what you can find for a buck at the swapmeeet.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Cthulhu"]Sounds cool. There hasn't been much in the way of mecha games since the one that cost $100 for the controller. I'll have to check it out.[/quote]

You have a 360?

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

No. I was hopin they were still at the stage were an old Xbox version would come out. Probably not though.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos