Dungeon Runners

Miniatures, Boardgames, video games, etc.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Dungeon Runners

Post by Gotetsu »

I just signed up for the beta for this. Looks pretty fun. Anyone know anything about it?
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

It looks cool
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Looking at the screenshots, and reading what there is about it, it seems like it will basically be CoH with swords and magic. Good stuff. :mrgreen:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Gotetsu"]I just signed up for the beta for [url=http://www.dungeonrunners.com/]this[/url]. Looks pretty fun. Anyone know anything about it?[/quote]
Nope, but I just signed up for it too. What the hell.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

This looks pretty cool, I signed up for the beta.

Cozar and Gotetsu will fight side by side again for the first time! :)

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

So I just got into the beta for this. Anyone else? There was some first-5000-to-sign-up VIP deal, and I guess I was among the first 5000.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I didn't get in, apparently. :( Post screenies and a review.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Gotetsu"]I didn't get in, apparently. :( Post screenies and a review.[/quote]
Will do. I expect it to run kinda like shit on my laptop, which is what I'm currently reduced to, but... will do.

Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Hey, I just noticed that I can invite four people into the beta, so PM me your email address and I'll send you an invite.
Mike Olson
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="devlin1"]Hey, I just noticed that I can invite four people into the beta, so PM me your email address and I'll send you an invite.[/quote]

Done and done. :)

Chris

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Cool. Now, if only I could play myself.... For whatever reason, my mouse pointer is invisible when I run DR, which makes it a little tough to play. Impossible, actually. Just making a character was a challenge.
Mike Olson
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Well, that sucks. I got your email, I'll be logging in tonight to see how it goes.

I'll be sure to take tons of screenies and let you all know what its like. :mrgreen:

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

So, apparently, there is some sort of NDA on this game, but, in all my searching, I haven't found it.

So, until I do, I'll avoid posting screenies. Here's what I can say, though.

If you've ever played Diablo II, you already know how to play this game. :) It's done very tongue in cheek, and is pretty much all about going into dungeons and completing missions.

It's currently supposed to be a free download and free to play game, with special content only available to members, who pay $5 a month. While admitidaly this is just he beta phase, free is about the right price range for this game. Not to say it's not fun, it's just very detailed. Yet, at least.

Anyway, I'm enjoying it for the mindless killing of monsters (the same reason I enjoyed Diablo II), and the humor is good enough for me to see what's next.

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I found the controls a bit hard to deal with at first. Overall, I agree with Blanch's assessment. It has potential, but I doubt if it will ever be as good as either WoW or even CoH.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Gotetsu"]It has potential, but I doubt if it will ever be as good as either WoW or even CoH.[/quote]

I doubt it is suppose to. Dungeon Runners seems like their Auto Assualt game. It isn't meant to be some huge competitor, it is just meant to hit a small market. The company that makes this game has a number of "niche" games which seem to have been intended to be small market games.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]So, apparently, there is some sort of NDA on this game, but, in all my searching, I haven't found it.[/quote]
Actually, I read on the forums that the NDA has been lifted. Spoil away.

Mike Olson
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Count Zero"]I doubt it is suppose to. Dungeon Runners seems like their Auto Assualt game. It isn't meant to be some huge competitor, it is just meant to hit a small market. The company that makes this game has a number of "niche" games which seem to have been intended to be small market games.[/quote]

Exactly. And I have to say, in that respect, they've succeded. I'll be playing this game when it's released, because every now and then, I need a taste of fantasy, and this will give it to me.

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Exactly. And I have to say, in that respect, they've succeded. I'll be playing this game when it's released, because every now and then, I need a taste of fantasy, and this will give it to me.

Chris[/quote]

I thought you were getting WoW?

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]I thought you were getting WoW?[/quote]

I am. but this game is good for mindless fun. :)

Chris

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]I am. but this game is good for mindless fun. :)

Chris[/quote]

I'm confused.. what is WoW for then? :P

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Count Zero"]I'm confused.. what is WoW for then? :P[/quote]

Well, let me just put it this way. As DR stands at the moment, WoW is 100x more complex.

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Well, let me just put it this way. As DR stands at the moment, WoW is 100x more complex.

Chris[/quote]

:word: