WoW Guild sinks to new low.

Miniatures, Boardgames, video games, etc.
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

WoW Guild sinks to new low.

Post by smartmonkey »

Funeral-Crashing

The video is a guild funeral for one of its members, who really -did- miss his ressurection spell in real life. It's crashed everyone involved is slaughtered by a rival guild.

This is:

A) Tasteless.
B) Funny as all hell.

Fast forward the excerpts from the forum argument that the video starts with - they aren't all that great, unless you like horrible spelling errors/netspeak.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Ummmm yeah....*sigh*
Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

You show up in a contested area on a pvp server without armor and weapons, you deserve to get raided. Props to Serenity Now.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

What's tasteless is thinking a virtual funeral in a video game is honoring someone's memory when, in fact, it only cheapens it.

What's funny as all hell is when Serenity Now reminds you of that fact.

"Welcome to the Internet, where everything is more important than it should be."
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, if an when I ever get WoW, I am so going to try and join SN! :lol:

That was freakin awesome!
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

First I'd just like to say that I thought that was tasteless.

Second I'd like to say that I thought it made WOW look fun to play. CoH needs better PvP.
"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

[quote="devlin1"]What's [i]tasteless[/i] is thinking a virtual funeral in a video game is honoring someone's memory when, in fact, it only cheapens it.

What's funny as all [i]hell[/i] is when Serenity Now reminds you of that fact.

"Welcome to the Internet, where everything is more important than it should be."[/quote]

Why must you cheapen my online handfasting to the elf I haven't told Winter about yet?

"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Neuro"]Why must you cheapen my online handfasting to the elf I haven't told Winter about yet?[/quote]
If this were a movie, and you were played by Meg Ryan and Winter by Tom Hanks, Winter would [i]be[/i] that elf. But instead of "You've Got Mail" it'd be called... I dunno... "You're A Fucking Loser."

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Andok
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Andok »

That’s fucking hilarious! Anyone offended by SN's actions takes their online life WAY too seriously.
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. ~ Euripides
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="J@ke"]First I'd just like to say that I thought that was tasteless.

Second I'd like to say that I thought it made WOW look fun to play. CoH needs better PvP.[/quote]

I thought that too... I don't have a WoW, but I sure as hell want to buy it for my Mac now.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Count Zero"]I thought that too... I don't have a WoW, but I sure as hell want to buy it for my Mac now.[/quote]
I have WoW. I played it for all of two days. That video may look neat-o, what with them riding giant magi-beasts around and slaughtering the innocent and all, but I also know that it's a significant time investment to get a character from fetch-me-10-boar-ribs level to let's-conduct-a-raid level-- an investment of such significance and tedium, in fact, that by the time I got that 10th boar rib I was ready to hang up my inferior soft leather gauntlets.

YMMV.

Mike Olson
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

[quote="devlin1"]I have WoW. I played it for all of two days. That video may look neat-o, what with them riding giant magi-beasts around and slaughtering the innocent and all, but I also know that it's a significant time investment to get a character from fetch-me-10-boar-ribs level to let's-conduct-a-raid level-- an investment of such significance and tedium, in fact, that by the time I got that 10th boar rib I was ready to hang up my inferior soft leather gauntlets.

YMMV.[/quote]

That's what ultimately pissed me off about ffxi. The chocobos are cute and the monsters look cool and in order to actually get anywhere, you have to play a lot. If I can't significantly advance the plot and make really cool gains in the space of 3 hours, you can have it.

"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

SOunds like WoW and CoH could use some idea trades. Mostly WoW taking from CoH, cuz CoH R teh pwnzzor!
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

[quote="Gotetsu"]SOunds like WoW and CoH could use some idea trades. Mostly WoW taking from CoH, cuz CoH R teh pwnzzor![/quote]
Word.

"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber