Darkfall Online

Miniatures, Boardgames, video games, etc.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Darkfall Online

Post by Gotetsu »

Anyone ever heard of/played this?
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

no
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

:lolup: Thanks.
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

NP ...it looks pretty cool. I'm still trying to play the Urban dead stuff. I may check this out or wait for someone to review it for me.
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Interesting. They are making some big promises which could lead to a good game.

The website reads like preliminary design documentation combined with a press kit, they are still missing some serious fundamentals for a successful game, let alone for a "next-gen" title as they are promising. While they are hyping up their big new features, they dont seem to be basing them off of a solid base. The "Screenshots" are closer to colored in concept art, Im doubtful that it came out of an actual game engine which can support gameplay.

Several years into development, that is not a promising sign. Either the dev team is sitting on these details to keep the project under the radar until it is finished (not necessarily the smartest move, but helps to avoid alienating people by cutting features they have promised), or they are still in a state of flux that is entirely dependent on the approval of the person(s) paying for the development.

Still, worth watching to see if the game turns out to be half of what they are promising.
Its never too early to be a bastard!