City of Villians!

Miniatures, Boardgames, video games, etc.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

City of Villians!

Post by BlanchPrez »

So, the NDA has been lifted, and those of us in the Beta can now talk and share screenshots!

Unfortunatily, I can't get in right now, and when I was able to get in, I couldn't get past the character creation screen... so I got nothing at the moment.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, I got in finally! Some screenies.

My characters:

Legion Prime

Mauler Max

And Professor Dread and his Dread Guard

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

A couple of more screenies.

Legion Prime vs. the Snakes. They are apparently some kind of natives to the Rogue Islands that are violently against Arcanos.

The Dread Guard in action.

I'm going to be on tonight. On Test Server, I'm @Legion Prime, and on Test Server 01, I'm @SkullSmasher.

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

On with the screenies!

Bases!!! Last night, I checked out the base for the SG I'm in, The Orthodoxy.

Umm....

Your basic generator.

Your basic... uh... I'm not really sure.

And for when we finish our latest crime spree, we can come back to our cubical and fill out the required paperwork. :D

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I also got to team up with some guys from CoHGuru.com. From right to left:

Boxcar., Legion Prime, Khet'ra and Timmy the Zombie.

Khet'ra looks so awsome, I decided to show him off some more. He really shows some of the cooler costume options. (Timmy seemed to like him for some reason).

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

So, this is why I am playing CoH all alone. Nice. :evil:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]So, this is why I am playing CoH all alone. Nice. :evil:[/quote]

Oy! Don't even get mad over that. If you had beta, you would play it too!

Beta is normally only open from 4pm to 7pm, so this weekend (when it was open from 3am Saturday until 11:59pm Sunday) was a real treat, and I took advantage of it!

Plus, I thought Mauler Max would be a good enemy for Brusier Mallone.

Chris

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

More screenies!

Legion Prime leads the Aracnos troops to victory!

Instead of Police drones, we get Aracnos drones. Scary!

A close-up of the snakes. Ugly mo-fo's.

New emotes!

Sitting on a ledge.

I'm holding a torch for you, babe!

Just hanging around, this town, on the corner.

Protestors arrived outside of Fort Darwin this morning.
Darquesage
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Darquesage »

This is first and foremost a test to see if I'm posting pics correctly. If it works, there will be more to come...

That should be a picture of Captain Liberty taking a few liberties with someone else's payroll :naughty:

EDIT: Ok, that seems to have gotten it working, Thanks guys.
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

First off, you have to find a host that will allow remote hosting. I use www.imageshack.us. You then upload your picture there, and it gives you a direct link to the picture. When you post it here, you us the little, yellow "Insert Image" button and paste the url of the image. Simple as pi. :smile:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, here's a quick write up of Max for you, Gotetsu. Tell me what you think.

Mauler Max
Natural Energy Melee/Invulnerability Brute

“Mauler” Max Lebowski was a leg breaker for the Family in Paragon City who enjoyed his job a little too much. Even the Family considered him to be too brutal. However, he was effective, and so they partnered him with David “Bruiser” Malone, an experienced “collections officer,” who they homed could tame Max. Max and Malone became quick friends, and it did appear that under Malone, Mauler Max became less brutal. The truth was that Malone had to work hard to prevent Max from just killing people indiscriminately. Eventually, however, it got out of hand when Max, working alone, trying to collect a debt owed to his boss from a local business man, smashed the man’s face into his solid oak desk, killing him. The bad news was that this man was also the son of another Family boss, and his death would lead to a war. Not wanting to see this happen, Max’s boss turned him over, and Malone was sent to be the delivery boy. After a headed argument, Malone just couldn’t turn over his friend to a death sentence, and let Max escape. Max fled the country, getting in touch with an old friend who smuggled drugs. He fled to the one place he knew the Family would never look for him: a temple of monks in India. Max spend months in this temple, and found that it was not a temple dedicated to self betterment and enlightenment, but to Khalie, the Goddess of Death. The monks taught Max how to channel his anger and hate to his fists, shrouding them in energy and allowing him to punch through just about anything. They also taught him how to focus his energies so that his skin became hard as diamonds. A few months later, Max felt it was time to return to Paragon City and get revenge on those that sold him out. Unfortunately for Max, when he arrived, he found that Bruiser Malone had betrayed the Family, and become a hero. The two fought, and eventually Malone won, giving Max a scar on his face and sending him to the Zig. Now, he looks for a way to escape, and get back to Paragon. Max has a score to settle with Bruiser Malone.

Chris
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

This is the game that makes me consider getting a PC again. It looks like quite a bit of fun. I hear World of Warcraft is good too.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Count Zero"]This is the game that makes me consider getting a PC again. It looks like quite a bit of fun. I hear World of Warcraft is good too.[/quote]

The CoV Beta was great, if a bit laggy. The Archtypes (classes) are good, different enough from the archtypes in CoH that they play differently, but I think still balanced against them. The biggest thing missing is a true healer class, but there are a couple of AT's that have healing powers, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

That's awesome, Chris! :biggrin: Is there ever going to be a way that these two characters could actually fight in game? Probably not, but it would be way cool.

By the way, Malone is *this* close to dinging 13. But he has over 2000 debt (died 3 times last night in the span of about 15 minutes). He's also created The Peace Enforcers, if ya wanna join. :twisted:
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]That's awesome, Chris! :biggrin: Is there ever going to be a way that these two characters could actually fight in game? Probably not, but it would be way cool.

By the way, Malone is *this* close to dinging 13. But he has over 2000 debt (died 3 times last night in the span of about 15 minutes). He's also created The Peace Enforcers, if ya wanna join. :twisted:[/quote]

There are going to be PvP zones, but you have to have CoV to gain access to them. So, if we both had CoV, then yes, there is a way for the two characters to actually fight.

And Father Thorn is level 9 now, and yeah, he would love to join the Peace Enforcers. :)

Chris

J@ke
Starship Mechanic

Post by J@ke »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]There are going to be PvP zones, but you have to have CoV to gain access to them. So, if we both had CoV, then yes, there is a way for the two characters to actually fight.

And Father Thorn is level 9 now, and yeah, he would love to join the Peace Enforcers. :)

Chris[/quote]

Are you sure that’s true? I though you could get the PvP areas with only owning CoH or CoV. I think you only need both to do things like make bases in CoH.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="J@ke"]Are you sure that’s true? I though you could get the PvP areas with only owning CoH or CoV. I think you only need both to do things like make bases in CoH.[/quote]

Not 100% sure, but as far as I know of, you need CoV to access the PvP zones. I'll double check.

Chris

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Meanwhile, some other villains of mine. :)

Legion Prime
Science Energy Blast/Dark Miasma Corruptor

Dr. Ezekiel Goldsmith was a brilliant, if somewhat obsessive, medical scientist, whose carrier included the creation of a working artificial heart as well as advanced cybernetic implants for paraplegics. His was last working on a special project that would allow individual parts of the body to operate independently of the other parts. The goal was to make it so that donor organs could survive on their own, thus allowing them to last longer and saving thousands of lives across the globe. He succeeded when he discovered a plant enzyme that was used in Photosynthesis could be added to the organ. When his funding was cut, Dr. Goldsmith's ego wouldn't let it go, and he used the serum on himself. The result was unexpected. At first, he passed out in pain, as the serum coursed through his body. Slowly, his skin turned green. Then, every cell in his body became a self aware, independent organism. Ezekiel Goldsmith was gone. Instead, a riot of independent voices replaced him. Eventually, a concession was formed, and the cells formed a collective, which they called the "community." This community re-named itself the Legion Prime, deciding this better described them. The prime is to indicate their primary goal of turning every person on the planet into a collective being like themselves.

Legion Prime absorbs energy from the sun and from other living beings. They can expel this energy in the form of energy blasts from his hands, as well as flying. They can absorb energy from other living beings so as to heal themselves, as well as to slow the enemy down.

Professor Dread
Science Merc/Dark Miasma Mastermind

Professor Dread started life as a cartoon character on an obscure Saturday morning cartoon show where he was the arch-nemesis of the show’s hero, Captain Crusader. Little did anyone know that these cartoons looked in on a parallel dimension, where these characters where real. Dread discovered the truth of his reality, but used his scientific genius to build a device that would allow him to bridge the gap from cartoon world to real world, and emerged in Paragon City. He discovered that he still had the ability to summon his Dread Guard from the cartoon dimension, thus giving him an almost unlimited army to use, and set about conquering this world. Unfortunately for Dread, Captain Crusader somehow managed to get to Paragon City as well, and stopped the mastermind’s evil plan, sending him to the Zig. But, it matters not. No prison can hold the insidious Professor Dread for long! And in this world, Dread has a real chance of winning against that insufferable do-gooder once and for all! Muahahahaha!!!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

And some more. These were more abut trying out new things than actual characters, so they have no backgrounds.

ShadowThorn
Magic Thorns/Ninjitsu Stalker

This was my only attempt at a Stalker. It’s tough to see her costume in this shot, but I made her as small as possible, and with the thorns, she turned out to be pretty fun to play.

The Ex-Con
Mutant Super Strength/Invulnerable Brute

I was just messing around with the Costume Creator; see what I could come up with.

Ssleestak
Magic Dark Melee/Dark Armor Brute

My only monster character. Not very original, I know, but I think he looks pretty cool, and he was terribly fun to play.

Chris
Darquesage
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Darquesage »

I love the backgrounds you have on your characters. Very well done. And Sleestak looks pretty cool too
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"
Darquesage
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Darquesage »

A Day In The Life of a Supervillain

The Rogue Isles Defender
Magic Stone/Dark Armor Brute

The following journal entry represents a typical work day for Ba'Zuziel, AKA: The Rogue Isles Defender, one of Lord Arachnos' many servents...

11-13-2005
Recovered the Loa Bone for Mr. Bocor. I get to use it 5 times to summon a zombie. Whatever… it comes with the “Bone Collector” Badge

I kidnapped Archon Winter from his own base. Their other staff Archon almost beat me, but once he was down I just grabbed Winter by his ear and dragged him past the rest of his troops. They didn’t even put up a fight. What a bunch of fuckin’ pansies. Angelo Vendetti gets to interrogate the schmuck now…

Cleared another Council base for Vendetti. These guys really don’t have the drive or determination that the original 5th Column did. Archon Volder put up a decent fight, but in the end I just strained him through his own floor panels…

So the Council are bringing Vampyrs into Port Oaks. Well Vendetti put me onto the tail of one, a mean old cuss named Blechley. He won’t be bothering anyone anytime soon.

Took out a guy named Niles Worthington for Vendetti. He was Vendetti’s uncle, and apparently sold him out to the council cause his niece, Janice, needed an operation. That excuse has been going around as long as doctors have been getting paid…

Kidnapped Razorbeam’s daughter, to get her dad’s goggles…

Beat the tar out of Big Shoes (again)

Circle of Thorns stole the Crown of Enos (related to the cult that founded the Isands) from the museum in Aeon City. I stole it back.

Drea “hooked” me up with a bank job on Mercy Island. I’ve hit this place once before.

Stole a batch of “Outbreak” drugs from the Lost and dropped them off in King’s Row.

Radio tip led to beating up a Wyvern Representative.

Stole a ruby called “Event Horizon” from the Trolls. It verifies divinations.

Kidnapped an ESPer named “Dizzy” who was working with the Hellions. Wonder if she saw it coming…

A CoT Mage named Terramis tried to bind me today. I broke him.

Desdemona the Glint arranged an inside man with security for a bank job in New Haven. Afterwards she gave me an introduction to Peter Themari.

A Snake named Slythe was spreading rumors questioning my loyalty. I have new boots.

Just in case they didn’t get the message, I talked to a lieutenant of thiers named Fayng… More boots.

Mook named Louie Big Eyes has been causing a ruckus lately. I told him to calm down.

Desdemona set me up with another bank job, but the cops musta known what was goin down. I think her inside man was a snitch. Good thing I can’t really die, but they still triggered my trauma-sensor and I got ‘ported to the hospital in Haven just as I was regenerating the tissue. In return for that particular inconvenience, those RIP officers paid a heavy price… I have more boots… Since things went bad, Glint-gal is gonna owe me… but I’ve been wanting to meet this Russian guy. Maybe she can help out and we’ll be square…

I’ve decided to kill Archon Rossi of the council. No particular reason…

Dregor from the Trolls challenged me. He’ll probably recover.

The Council kidnapped a real estate agent named Natalie Brooks. That didn’t make any sense so I killed them and took her to the Arbiters.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I GOT IT!!!

I'll post a screenshot of my first villain tonight. :twisted:
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

OMG it looks like it rocks!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"][size=200]I GOT IT!!![/size]

I'll post a screenshot of my first villain tonight. :twisted:[/quote]

Congratulations!!!

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

My first real villain and his robot minion:

CYBERTAUR

Darquesage
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Darquesage »

Awesome. Though I've mostly been on SWG for the past couple days, if you need a hand with anything in COV, let me know.