It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Champions On-Line
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:40 pm 
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

I recently purchased Champions Online, and I gotta say it is great. It has a really action game feel. Immediately, your character feels like a superhero. In addition, you actually design your character. There aren't really classes in the game. You select from a list of powers and customize your character. It has the best aspects of World of Warcraft and City of Heroes. If you are into MMO's and liked City of Heroes, then you will love Champions.

If anyone here decides to join up my handle is @leadsponge.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:48 pm 
Adroit Pirate

I'm really interested in checking this out, but I'm not sure when or if I'd be able to.

Roll Some Dice: Another blog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:08 am 
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

I am having quite a bit of fun with it. Let me know if you start playing.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:59 pm 
Daring Demonologist

I beta tested this, and it was horrible compaired to what they said it was supposed to be, even given that it was a beta. It was so bad I had to stop playing the beta, the game was unplayable, and I'm honestly surprised they got it playable before release.

However, I hear from other's that have stayed in the beta that it got significantly better, and they are having fun playing it. I think I'll stick to CoH for two reasons: One, I can't afford another MMO at the moment, and two, I already have two max level toons in CoH, and don't really feel like starting over in another Super Hero game.

That said, I wish the game the best of luck. Maybe Super MMO's will catch on, and some day someone will come out with the WoW equilivent of the genre.

Chris

[SIZE="2"]Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds![/SIZE]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:16 pm 
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

BlanchPrez wrote:
However, I hear from other's that have stayed in the beta that it got significantly better, and they are having fun playing it. I think I'll stick to CoH for two reasons: One, I can't afford another MMO at the moment, and two, I already have two max level toons in CoH, and don't really feel like starting over in another Super Hero game.

I picked up City of Heroes because I love superheroes and my friend works on it. Honestly, I can't really get into City of Heroes. The game is well designed by the game play feels like WoW with a super hero skin slapped on it. While I know the design is finer than that, Champions On-line feels much more active to me. It may all be an illusion, but they sell it well in the very least. Whatever they did through the beta, they clearly made some changes.

As to having leveled characters in other MMO's. I have very little loyalty to an MMO just because I have a character at max level. If the game play doesn't interest me, I quite playing it and find something new. If I found a good fantasy MMO that was more than just a re-skinned WoW, then I would be all over it.

I personally always have two MMO's... one fantasy and one sci-fi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:26 pm 
Daring Demonologist

But, see, I've been playing CoH for the past 5 or so years simply becasue I do love the game play.

I wanted to like CO, but the beta was just horrible. Like I said, I seriouslly hope it does well, and that it's as good as you say it is. But for now, I'll stick to CoH.

-Chris

[SIZE="2"]Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds![/SIZE]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]