It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pimp My Game
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:53 pm 
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Hey Guys,

I know I haven't been posting much, for obvious reasons, but my game was just announced.

http://www.aa3.americasarmy.com/

If you look at the Recon section, that is the background I created for the game. Also, the comic section has a picture of me working with the comic writer and artist.

In the recon section, if you look at the map and the background, you will see bits of a foreign language here and there. I created that. It is a hybrid of Spanish, Slovenian, and Croatian.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist pimping my game.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:54 pm 
Mustachioed Pugilist

Yeah I saw your picture with that M. Zachary Sherman guy. One question though, is the comic/graphic novel a promotion of the game or a product sold separately. Um basically do you know how it fits in?

Could I go down to my FLGS and order a copy of the graphic novel to see the world that you helped create for this game or is the comic a promotion that won't be commercially available?

I know you aren't the marketing guy but I couldn't figure that out from the website and thought it might make an interesting curio. Also I had been reading that the marketing of Deadspace spent a ton of money on advertising that they didn't recoup from selling the game. One of the advertisements was a series of comic books, I picked up a couple issues at the Comic-Con and they made me discount the game as a Doom clone without really knowing anything about it. Now that I've played the game, I really like it. Though I will admit to only being able to beat the game on easy and giving up on the harder difficulties even with the unlocked content.

*also I just posted in the other thread and by posting this I can help pimp your game to the front page*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:06 pm 
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

I have been working pretty closely with the writer on the comic. In fact, I am one of the guys who is responsible for editing the comic for accuracy. The comic will start off as a "web only" comic. The may print it later. The first issue is a pretty interesting story.

mrlost wrote:
Yeah I saw your picture with that M. Zachary Sherman guy. One question though, is the comic/graphic novel a promotion of the game or a product sold separately. Um basically do you know how it fits in?

Could I go down to my FLGS and order a copy of the graphic novel to see the world that you helped create for this game or is the comic a promotion that won't be commercially available?

I know you aren't the marketing guy but I couldn't figure that out from the website and thought it might make an interesting curio. Also I had been reading that the marketing of Deadspace spent a ton of money on advertising that they didn't recoup from selling the game. One of the advertisements was a series of comic books, I picked up a couple issues at the Comic-Con and they made me discount the game as a Doom clone without really knowing anything about it. Now that I've played the game, I really like it. Though I will admit to only being able to beat the game on easy and giving up on the harder difficulties even with the unlocked content.

*also I just posted in the other thread and by posting this I can help pimp your game to the front page*

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]