It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




 Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: The Great Dragon War Wiki!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:57 pm 
Daring Demonologist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 6974
Location: San Diego, CA
So, I got inspiried to try and get this going again. To that end, I've created a Wiki for the history we've created. There's nothing there right now, but I figured you guys might be interested.

http://greatdragonwar.pbwiki.com/

Chris



_________________
Image
Image


[SIZE="2"]Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds![/SIZE]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:06 pm 
Proud Regent
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 8026
Location: North Park
cool



_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:12 pm 
Starship Mechanic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:33 am
Posts: 519
Location: New York
How you you get a login?



_________________
"Man, the government is gonna feel dumb when they see my search for 'the+government+sucks+dick.'"
Kevin Gander,Barber
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:34 pm 
Daring Demonologist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 6974
Location: San Diego, CA
J@ke wrote:
How you you get a login?


I'll post the password later today. I wanted to get things started first, set things up.

Chris



_________________
Image
Image


[SIZE="2"]Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds![/SIZE]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:58 pm 
Daring Demonologist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 6974
Location: San Diego, CA
Okay, so here's how this works. When you log in, use the name of the historian that is writing the entry under Your Name. Then enter your real email address. The password for the wiki is 'karm.'

Then, you can go ahead and edit things. I suggest playing around with the SandBox first. Remember, only edit the entries you've posted for now. (And if you want to, you can edit the front page)

Chris



_________________
Image
Image


[SIZE="2"]Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds![/SIZE]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:24 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:00 pm
Posts: 2270
Location: North County
Sweet! Thanks Chris.



_________________
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:19 pm 
Proud Regent
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 8026
Location: North Park
Oh cool but I only just want to view the entries for now...how do I go about doing that?



_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:19 am 
Bumpy-Headed Alien
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:00 pm
Posts: 381
Location: Mira Mesa
Cool idea, make it easier for us to keep track of the entries without searching tons of threads.

Created the Index on the front page. It should cover all of our existing entries, and all the phantom entries which were in our phantom entries list. When you add your existing entries, make sure your citations are included in the index. To add the entry for an item already in the index, just click on the red link and login - it should auto-create that entry for you. If you create a new citation, be sure to edit the index page to include the new citation.

Ill finish updating my existing entries sometime tomorrow.

And Chris, in the Sidebar I would suggest including a list of the known contributors (The Alias's) which link to a search for entries by that name. For instance, one of the common ones I use is Tarin the Red, so if you put in http://greatdragonwar.pbwiki.com/FindPage?SearchFor=Tarin+the+Red with the link text Tarin the Red it will be a quick way to search for all my entries (using that name at least)



_________________
Its never too early to be a bastard!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:45 am 
Daring Demonologist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 6974
Location: San Diego, CA
Infernus wrote:
Cool idea, make it easier for us to keep track of the entries without searching tons of threads.

Created the Index on the front page. It should cover all of our existing entries, and all the phantom entries which were in our phantom entries list. When you add your existing entries, make sure your citations are included in the index. To add the entry for an item already in the index, just click on the red link and login - it should auto-create that entry for you. If you create a new citation, be sure to edit the index page to include the new citation.

Ill finish updating my existing entries sometime tomorrow.

And Chris, in the Sidebar I would suggest including a list of the known contributors (The Alias's) which link to a search for entries by that name. For instance, one of the common ones I use is Tarin the Red, so if you put in http://greatdragonwar.pbwiki.com/FindPage?SearchFor=Tarin+the+Red with the link text Tarin the Red it will be a quick way to search for all my entries (using that name at least)


Thanks man. I was planning on finishing the ToC when I got back into work this morning (I leave early, which is why it wasn't finished). And that's a great idea for teh sidebar. I was also thinking of including pages that discuss the rules of Lexigon and our game in particular.

Chris



_________________
Image
Image


[SIZE="2"]Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds![/SIZE]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:14 am 
Daring Demonologist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 6974
Location: San Diego, CA
Okay, so, I've added all my up to date entries. I've also added all of Lowly Uhlan's entries, as he's no longer here. Next up is BreakfastOfChampions for the same reason.

Also, it appears that someone named Oaklock Guilderleaf edited our front page, but I have no idea who that is. Anyone got any ideas?

Chris



_________________
Image
Image


[SIZE="2"]Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds![/SIZE]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Yea!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:48 am 
One-Armed Skeleton
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:00 am
Posts: 100
It was me :) sorry, was bored at work and wanted to add some entries.



_________________
Metal Thunder Dragon
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:54 am 
Daring Demonologist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 6974
Location: San Diego, CA
Metal Thunder Dragon wrote:
It was me :) sorry, was bored at work and wanted to add some entries.


That's cool, we're allways looking for more historians! :)

Here's the thing, though. You added an entry that didn't exist on the phantom entry list before. No biggy, I'm not going to remove it or anything. Take a look at the rules thread, go through some of the older threads in this fourm to see what people have already written, etc.

And welcome aboard!

Chris



_________________
Image
Image


[SIZE="2"]Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds![/SIZE]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:56 am 
One-Armed Skeleton
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:00 am
Posts: 100
OH, sorry about that I read the rules, but got a little overwhelmed, i thought you had to add a new entry for a new letter, since there were no active 'I' entries, I added one for my writeup, and referenced one exsisting and two new phantoem ones.

Is this not the rigth way to do it? I am sure I missed something in the rules :)



_________________
Metal Thunder Dragon
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:02 pm 
Daring Demonologist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 6974
Location: San Diego, CA
Metal Thunder Dragon wrote:
OH, sorry about that I read the rules, but got a little overwhelmed, i thought you had to add a new entry for a new letter, since there were no active 'I' entries, I added one for my writeup, and referenced one exsisting and two new phantoem ones.

Is this not the rigth way to do it? I am sure I missed something in the rules :)


Close. We try to use the phantom entries up first before adding a new entry. Otherwise, yeah, you're pretty much right. Like I said, I'm not going to remove it, it's cool. Just for future reference. :)

Use the Phantom Entry thread to call dibs on future entries.

Chris



_________________
Image
Image


[SIZE="2"]Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds![/SIZE]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:27 pm 
One-Armed Skeleton
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:00 am
Posts: 100
OK, I'll try to keep closer tabs on it :)



_________________
Metal Thunder Dragon
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:00 pm 
Daring Demonologist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 6974
Location: San Diego, CA
Okay, I've added entires for BoC now.

Okay, the following people haven't posted here yet:

cczernia
Smartmonkey
Count Zero
jimmy corrigan
Foxbat (who seems to be away from this board in general)

Are you guys still interested? If not, do you want to add your entires, or should I?

Chris



_________________
Image
Image


[SIZE="2"]Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds![/SIZE]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:08 pm 
Proud Regent
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:00 am
Posts: 8026
Location: North Park
nice to see you post Metal Thunder Dragon...it's been awhile



_________________
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:32 am 
Daring Demonologist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:00 am
Posts: 6974
Location: San Diego, CA
BlanchPrez wrote:
Okay, I've added entires for BoC now.

Okay, the following people haven't posted here yet:

cczernia
Smartmonkey
Count Zero
jimmy corrigan
Foxbat (who seems to be away from this board in general)

Are you guys still interested? If not, do you want to add your entires, or should I?

Chris


Since no one has replied to this, I'm just going to add their stuff to the site, so we're at least caught up.

In the mean time, everyone post what they want for I entries!

Chris



_________________
Image
Image


[SIZE="2"]Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds![/SIZE]
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:22 am 
One-Armed Skeleton
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:00 am
Posts: 100
Skyman wrote:
nice to see you post Metal Thunder Dragon...it's been awhile


Yea, I have had a rought year and gaming took a big back seat for most of it.

But I'm back now!



_________________
Metal Thunder Dragon
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron