The Great Dragon War, Turn B

A forum to build worlds yo...
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, time for all those B entries. :)

Just as a reminder, here's how round B (and all subsequent rounds) goes:

[quote]On the second and subsequent turns, you continue to write entries for B, C, D and so on. However, you need to make three citations. One must be a reference to an already-written entry, and two must be to unwritten entries.[/quote]

This means that you have to cite one of the A entries, and have two other phantom citations.

Chris

Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Bloodriver Pass – The sight of what could arguably be considered one of the most horrendous battles during the Great Dragon Wars, no one is quite sure what the name of this little mountain river was called prior to the wars. It was here that Grunim Argrok led the largest force of orcs ever seen before or since against the amassed might of the Knights of Yorth. It was a bloody battle, so fierce that the river still runs red today. In the end, it was the worse defeat ever handed to the Knights, and led to a restructuring of the order of holy warriors at the hands of Sir Devon Let, one of the only surviving knights from the battle. This battle marked the first time that knights of any of the human lands had ever been defeated at the hands of orcs, and Bloodriver Pass has become a holy site of many orc tribes. Many orcs make pilgrimages to the pass, where they worship the deeds of Grunim Argrok and bath themselves in the river in the hopes of gaining some of his strength and cunning.

- Kharm, personal historian to the High Prelate

See the following for more information: Argrok, Grunim; Knights of Yorth; Let, Sir Devon
Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

Brotherhood of St. Gurious, The: Named after the two faced saint Gurious. The moniker ironically came to hold a double meaning. The original meaning known to the other sects of brothers in the Church of Yorth (sometimes referred to as “the church” in modern texts) was one of always looking both forward to the future and backwards to the past. While this was true they later fulfilled the now more common meaning of deception and betrayal.

Before the time of The Wars, the Brotherhood of St. Gurious was mostly concerned with acquiring, storing, and trafficking information. Due to their position in the in the church it was only a matter of time before these brothers unmasked Archbishop Gui Altacorpe’s intent in the Rikar Herisey attack. Predicting the chaos that would follow the Brotherhood of St. Gurious immediately began to hoard and copy important tomes. They also felt the duty to feed Altacorpe and his closest brothers false information whenever the proper opportunity arose. It is also speculated that The Brotherhood of St. Gurious was partially responsible for Archbishop Gui Altacorpe’s ultimately fatal decision to betray Melfax.

Like all church brothers, the members of The Brotherhood of St. Gurious walked The Ways to bring them closer to the saints and be granted with divine powers. Though rarely seen on the battlefield these members were sometimes gained powers comparable to the Hands of St. Rusaki, the most common holly warriors. Some were said to even fight along the side of the Hands of St. Rusaki as Knights of Yorth under the command of Sir Devon. Sadly most of the knowledge about The Ways has been lost, but for certain what little knowledge we have from before The Wars is thanks to The Brotherhood of St. Gurious.

-Father Xerxes, Master of the Great Library

See also: Altacorpe, Gui
See also: Hands of St. Rusaki
See also: The Ways
See also: Sir Devon
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

Question:

So in all further entries I can't cite my own references?
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
Jake

Post by Jake »

I don't think you're supposed to. The idea is that it makes you build off of other peoples stuff. But if you mention something of yours in passing I think it would be ok. It's one of those things were once you know the rules and why they are there you can break them.
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

Bekarr-NalDemon lord of the First Circle, the Shadow Whisperer. Of all the demons that looked upon Necti with envy and hate, Bekarr-Nal is said to be the one that coveted it the most. Throughout the ages he had whispered to mortals in darkness, setting his foul plans in motion to possess what he craved the most. It is he that granted the sorcerous power to the elves of the Mambonic Order, the scorned ones who had been judged not worthy by their previous but hidden patrons that were the ancient dragons. When the Mambonics used the dark arts bestowed on them to destroy all priminent members of House Larem (who had long opposed the order) this led to Avesti's crusade against them in what became known as the Mambonic Purge. It is suspected that the assassin that struck Avesti down was was of the few sconed ones that survived the Purge.

In the interveneing years Bekarr-Nal, sensing that a great war was brewing between dragons and the rest of Necti's races whispered to the elves and humans who were allied to each other and to the Wyrms who sought to disrupt the flow of supplies bourne over the seas. His machinations sparked the first Tribute War in 1113, in another attempt to weaken those who dwelt upon fair Necti, so that one day he could inflict himself and his dark perversions upon the weakened world. Such an act would earn him the greatest prestige (and possible rulership) among the Demon Lords.

Mentat-Majoris Xalthon Hex, Steward of the Crystal Scrolls

See also: Avesti
See also: Mambonic Purge
See also: Tribute War
See also: Mambonic Order
See also: Demon Lords
(Hey, ya gotta have demons)
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
Jake

Post by Jake »

I think you might need another citation. I'm not sure though. :?
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Baeldonian Church, the: Founded after the martyrdom of the prophet Bael in year 32 of imperial calender (year 0, common reckoning). Emphasized the worship of the creator portion of the dualist religions. After enduring the persecution of other relations, the Baeldonians eventually became the premiere religion of the common folk in the year 1000 common reckoning, when "Izmir" was reincarnated for a day and a night - theoreticly proving the churches teachings, and leading to various revolutions and reforms - all in favor of the mother church. By the time of the Great Dragon War, the church had become a massive, sprawling structure of priests, bishops, and prelates, all led by an Archbishop. After it's near destruction by the dragon Malafaxis, the church was roundly gutted by it's opposers, and a resurgence of pagan religons flourished. Only in the last 100 years has the church had a surge in popularity and numbers. It's power remains broken, and the smallfolk still distrust it's priests.

See also: Altacorpe, Gui,
Dualist Religons,
Izmir.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
Jake

Post by Jake »

I think it might have been established that Archbishop Gui Altacorpe is the leader of the Church of Yorth.
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

[quote="Jake"]I think it might have been established that Archbishop Gui Altacorpe is the leader of the Church of Yorth.[/quote]

I sense a schizm coming up.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I don't think anyone actually connected Archbishop Altacorp with any particular church just yet. I'll re-read all the posts, though, just in case.

Chris
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

I didn't see him coming up in any other posts, and I hadn't seen any established religions along the way...
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="smartmonkey"]I didn't see him coming up in any other posts, and I hadn't seen any established religions along the way...[/quote]

Church of Yorth is a Phantom Entery so far, entered by Jake, I belive. He then connected Archbishop Gui Altacorpe to it with his B entry above. Although, BoC does have something to use in the schisim idea. It's possible to modify your entry so that the church you created came out of the Church of Yorth or vice versa, without destroying what you wrote.

Chris

BreakfastOfChampions

[quote="BlanchPrez"][quote:55a63240d4="smartmonkey"]I didn't see him coming up in any other posts, and I hadn't seen any established religions along the way...[/quote]

Church of Yorth is a Phantom Entery so far, entered by Jake, I belive. He then connected Archbishop Gui Altacorpe to it with his B entry above. Although, BoC does have something to use in the schisim idea. It's possible to modify your entry so that the church you created came out of the Church of Yorth or vice versa, without destroying what you wrote.

Chris[/quote:55a63240d4]

True, but I also think that there was stated in the worldbuilding rules that scholars can disagree. For example, there was a period in the middle ages when there were two popes. Eventually, this got settled.

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

The other thing is that Smartmonkey never specifically mentions Altacorpe in his entry. The easy answer would be to just change that citation to another one. :)

Chris
BreakfastOfChampions

Agreed, but nowhere near as cool as the idea that much like the real world, scholars disagree :)
Jake

Post by Jake »

Sorry for all the trouble. :oops:
Here’s what I was thinking. A different Archbishop and the church schism happened after what Gui Altacorpe did. That way you get to keep the idea of a new religion branching off of the old one. And now they have a reason to do it. (i.e. Altacorpe is a dick)
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Binding, Daemonic:

The Dragon War was the most chaotic and violent time in recorded history. Beacause of this, the weapons of the age were the most destrucive devices concieved before or since. Chief among these horrible weapons were those bound to demons. The weapons created by this processs are numerous, and I will leave their descriptions to other scholars. It is the binding process I will discuss. The process itself has been obscured through the ages, and much of it is left to the debate of scholars. This is what I believe is the most accurate.

The process began with the calling and binding of a demon. Many died as a result of this step. I was not uncommon for a summoned demon to destroy the summoning party. The demon's essence was bound in a crystal in much the same way an Amethyst binds a dragon's. The exact process involved has been struck from written history. It is rumored that the diabolists still retain the knowledge, but it is no longer for sale.

Once the demon was contained, a vessel, usually a siege weapon, was carved of Horntangle wood and marked with magical runes. These runes had to be carved in such exact precision that only a Diabolist could perform this task. These runes were always inscribed with blood, dragon preferably. When the weapon was complete, the demon was released into it. If the weapon was not constructed or enscribed perfectly, the demon could leave it and do as it willed.

The last demon-bound weapons reside in Rystil, the commune of the 1st Order Diabolists. None living today have seen them used.

See Also: Amethyst, Diabolist, Horntangle Wood, Rystil

- Penned by Arthus Morang, Diabolist of the 9th Order
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Battle of Degen Harbor

The Battle of Degen Harbor was one of the decisive battle during the First Tribute War when a number of Dragon managed to capture The Port of Atland. This stopped all trade between the humans and elves and ended up causing a rift between the two races. The battle itself lasted 20 days as Lapu Evreer managed to warn the people of Atland that the red dragons were coming.

It is called the Battle of Degen Harber because of the dragons initial strategy to attack from the sea instead of the sky. The people of Atland were ready for an attack but were completly caught off guard ass dozens of dragons came bursting out of the harbor.

See also - Atland, Port of
See also - Evreer, Lapu

Penned by Synus Corinthia - Military Historian
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Bizeat- Creator of the Autolure

Rumored to have been the maker of the Autolure. It is suspected to have been elvish or a gnome since the maker was under contract with the Elf General Eilonif. Another hypothesis, proposed by the historian Gliphon, was that the name Bizeat was a title of a collective created to capture the Teradills. History of Bizeat is clouded. Eilonif only recieved 5 of the devices before hearing news that Bizeat was killed by Argrok the Merciless. Only the written messages recieved by Eilonif, and the contract, exist at this time to record Bizeat existence.
The Orc Sage, Sufa, mentions that Argrok the Free, had made agreements with Eilonif in secret to develop the device under the name of Bizeat. Sufa goes on to explain that Eilonif withdrew funding after recieving 5 of the devices and killed his liason, HryKanth, as a message of dissolvement. The act of killing a liason is considered customary in orcish culture to denote an ending of bonds between tribes. The more gruesome the killing the more the separation is considered friendly. HryKanth was poisoned, a very unfriendly gesture.
The name Bizeat is often mistaken for the Lich of Jion named Pyssat in oral lore.

see also- Autolure, Argrok
See also- Eilonif, HryKanth, Pyssat

Penned by Odanuki, Shihan- Collector of Histories for the Ogre Magi Illuminati Combine
BreakfastOfChampions

Bronze Fist, Order
Personal guard of Archbishop Altacorpe, known for the tremendous punnishment these warriors could deliver with their hands and feet, though many used weapons as well.

This order was the designated personal guard of the Archbishop for twelve generations. Under Altacorpe, they became used more for assassination and intelligence gathering -- a form of secret police feared in the known kingdoms.

The Order of the Bronze fist also kept a vow of silence, communicating to each other and to the archbishop through a complex sign language known to them, the archbishop, and a few designated 'voices' who were allowed to communicate with the outside world.

Most of the Order was killed in the dragon wars.

Amblem Torreign -- Scribe.

See: Altacorpe, Gui,
See: Morris Bramble, Brother
See, Order of the Red Eye.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

Been busy... sorry I didn't post sooner...

Brotherhood of Judges (Ordo Judex): Originally called the Ordo Judex in the old tongue, the Brotherhood of Judges came into existence during the Rikar Heresy. Archbishop Gui Altacorpe ordered a young priest, named Simon Logrey, who specialized in occult investigation to form an order of warriors to fight demonic forces. Father Logrey diligently began training his recruits, selected from the most knowledgeable and skilled priests he could find. The 100 warriors who left Logrey’s school were the most deadly warriors ever created. Taught secular and religious law, martial skills, and occult knowledge, these warriors had the ability to sense demonic presence. The warriors the Archbishop asked Logrey to create would end up being his undoing.

The Brotherhood marched down the Diamond Coast to Rikar; they fought House Rikar’s troops to the gates of Schattenwald Castle. Where the Brotherhood expected to find a demonic presence, they found nothing. As the Brotherhood attempted to discover what had gone wrong, the Westmarch Armies descended on the Schattenwald Castle driving out and nearly destroying the Brotherhood. Three of the brothers would survive the Simon Logrey, Peter Carolin, and Mary Wissen. These three would flee the Westmarch forces and return to question the Archbishop. When they arrived at the Grand Cathedral, they sensed the demonic presence they had been searching for in the Archbishop. They arrested the Archbishop and put him on trial, but Melfxais’s demonic minions rescued him.

As the controversy of the Rikar Heresy died down, the three judges faded into the background, but they worked to rebuild their Brotherhood. The Brotherhood of Judges today is a rather unusual bunch traveling alone or in pairs hunting demons and monstrosities of the Legion. They are known for their knowledge and martial skill, but also for their blind dedication to their cause, the elimination demons across the known world. If more than two Judges are seen together, then great evil is afoot.

See Also Altacorpe, Gui
See Also Grand Cathedral
See Also Schattenwald Castle

Author's Note: Schattenwald is in German and Ordo Judex is Latin.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Do we have to keep the stuff at 200 or less words? Mine, Cthulhu and CZ kinda pushed that envelope for the 'B' and I want to know how strict we are on that.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Skyman"]Do we have to keep the stuff at 200 or less words? Mine, Cthulhu and CZ kinda pushed that envelope for the 'B' and I want to know how strict we are on that.[/quote]

Sorry...it is kind of hard... I am rather verbose... am doing my best. I figure as long as we aren't doing a small book than it should be okay. :)

Jonathan

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I wasn't singling you out. Since I and Cthulhu did the same. I was making corrections to my B entry when I realized I wrote too much and cut it down...I think I still go over
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Wow 271. Sorry, I'll try and do a re-edit tonight. No word count option on gEdit.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Jake

Post by Jake »

I wouldn't worry about it. Both your's and CZ's are long but they give a lot of detail. I think the problem comes when they're short on detail and long with too many facts.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Cool, I was getting to be a worry wart about it
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Bellatrix, The Black Dragon Mother

Best known for being the ally to the Argrok orc tribes during the Dragon Wars. The dragon was known as the Shadow Wyrm or the mother for the Argrok orcs. She had many offspring who would assist the Argrok orcs and guard the orc tribe families when invading armies entered the land. Bellatrix’s alliance helped Argrok gain unity among the other orc tribes. Bellatrix was more territorial than power hungry and made her alliance based upon keeping other dragons and creatures from taking her territory. The alliance was sealed when Argrok’s army stopped orcs under Auubrax’s influence from destroying her clutch. Her 23rd daughter, named Raigher, was by Grungim Argrok side when he was slain and went into a rage that destroyed nearly everyone who stood on the battle field. Bellatrix is credited for devouring the demon artifact Hoshoriem. Bellatrix is rumored to be immortal and still lives watching over the heirs of Argrok.

Luthlam Escery, Scribe of The Dragon Manuals Volume 1 thru 78

Also see: Argrok, Grungim
Also see: Raigher,
Also see: Hoshoriem
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

The Great Dragon War, Turn B

Post by BlanchPrez »

Here's all the B Entries.

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Bloodriver Pass – The sight of what could arguably be considered one of the most horrendous battles during the Great Dragon Wars, no one is quite sure what the name of this little mountain river was called prior to the wars. It was here that Grunim Argrok led the largest force of orcs ever seen before or since against the amassed might of the Knights of Yorth. It was a bloody battle, so fierce that the river still runs red today. In the end, it was the worse defeat ever handed to the Knights, and led to a restructuring of the order of holy warriors at the hands of Sir Devon Let, one of the only surviving knights from the battle. This battle marked the first time that knights of any of the human lands had ever been defeated at the hands of orcs, and Bloodriver Pass has become a holy site of many orc tribes. Many orcs make pilgrimages to the pass, where they worship the deeds of Grunim Argrok and bath themselves in the river in the hopes of gaining some of his strength and cunning.

- Kharm, personal historian to the High Prelate

See the following for more information: Argrok, Grunim; Knights of Yorth; Let, Sir Devon
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Brotherhood of St. Gurious, The: Named after the two faced saint Gurious. The moniker ironically came to hold a double meaning. The original meaning known to the other sects of brothers in the Church of Yorth (sometimes referred to as “the church” in modern texts) was one of always looking both forward to the future and backwards to the past. While this was true they later fulfilled the now more common meaning of deception and betrayal.

Before the time of The Wars, the Brotherhood of St. Gurious was mostly concerned with acquiring, storing, and trafficking information. Due to their position in the in the church it was only a matter of time before these brothers unmasked Archbishop Gui Altacorpe’s intent in the Rikar Herisey attack. Predicting the chaos that would follow the Brotherhood of St. Gurious immediately began to hoard and copy important tomes. They also felt the duty to feed Altacorpe and his closest brothers false information whenever the proper opportunity arose. It is also speculated that The Brotherhood of St. Gurious was partially responsible for Archbishop Gui Altacorpe’s ultimately fatal decision to betray Melfax.

Like all church brothers, the members of The Brotherhood of St. Gurious walked The Ways to bring them closer to the saints and be granted with divine powers. Though rarely seen on the battlefield these members were sometimes gained powers comparable to the Hands of St. Rusaki, the most common holly warriors. Some were said to even fight along the side of the Hands of St. Rusaki as Knights of Yorth under the command of Sir Devon. Sadly most of the knowledge about The Ways has been lost, but for certain what little knowledge we have from before The Wars is thanks to The Brotherhood of St. Gurious.

-Father Xerxes, Master of the Great Library

See also: Altacorpe, Gui
See also: Hands of St. Rusaki
See also: The Ways
See also: Sir Devon
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Bekarr-NalDemon lord of the First Circle, the Shadow Whisperer. all the demons that looked upon Necti with envy and hate, Bekarr-Nal is said to be the one that coveted it the most. Throughout the ages he had whispered to mortals in darkness, setting his foul plans in motion to possess what he craved the most. It is he that granted the sorcerous power to the elves of the Mambonic Order, the scorned ones who had been judged not worthy by their previous but hidden patrons that were the ancient dragons. When the Mambonics used the dark arts bestowed on them to destroy all priminent members of House Larem (who had long opposed the order) this led to Avesti's crusade against them in what became known as the Mambonic Purge. It is suspected that the assassin that struck Avesti down was was of the few sconed ones that survived the Purge.

In the interveneing years Bekarr-Nal, sensing that a great war was brewing between dragons and the rest of Necti's races whispered to the elves and humans who were allied to each other and to the Wyrms who sought to disrupt the flow of supplies bourne over the seas. His machinations sparked the first Tribute War in 1113, in another attempt to weaken those who dwelt upon fair Necti, so that one day he could inflict himself and his dark perversions upon the weakened world. Such an act would earn him the greatest prestige (and possible rulership) among the Demon Lords.

Mentat-Majoris Xalthon Hex, Steward of the Crystal Scrolls

See also: Avesti
See also: Mambonic Purge
See also: Tribute War
See also: Mambonic Order
See also: Demon Lords
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Baeldonian Church, the: Founded after the martyrdom of the prophet Bael in year 32 of imperial calender (year 0, common reckoning). Emphasized the worship of the creator portion of the dualist religions. After enduring the persecution of other relations, the Baeldonians eventually became the premiere religion of the common folk in the year 1000 common reckoning, when "Izmir" was reincarnated for a day and a night - theoreticly proving the churches teachings, and leading to various revolutions and reforms - all in favor of the mother church. By the time of the Great Dragon War, the church had become a massive, sprawling structure of priests, bishops, and prelates, all led by an Archbishop. After it's near destruction by the dragon Malafaxis, the church was roundly gutted by it's opposers, and a resurgence of pagan religons flourished. Only in the last 100 years has the church had a surge in popularity and numbers. It's power remains broken, and the smallfolk still distrust it's priests.

See also: Altacorpe, Gui,
Dualist Religons,
Izmir.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Binding, Daemonic:

The Dragon War was the most chaotic and violent time in recorded history. Beacause of this, the weapons of the age were the most destrucive devices concieved before or since. Chief among these horrible weapons were those bound to demons. The weapons created by this processs are numerous, and I will leave their descriptions to other scholars. It is the binding process I will discuss. The process itself has been obscured through the ages, and much of it is left to the debate of scholars. This is what I believe is the most accurate.

The process began with the calling and binding of a demon. Many died as a result of this step. I was not uncommon for a summoned demon to destroy the summoning party. The demon's essence was bound in a crystal in much the same way an Amethyst binds a dragon's. The exact process involved has been struck from written history. It is rumored that the diabolists still retain the knowledge, but it is no longer for sale.

Once the demon was contained, a vessel, usually a siege weapon, was carved of Horntangle wood and marked with magical runes. These runes had to be carved in such exact precision that only a Diabolist could perform this task. These runes were always inscribed with blood, dragon preferably. When the weapon was complete, the demon was released into it. If the weapon was not constructed or enscribed perfectly, the demon could leave it and do as it willed.

The last demon-bound weapons reside in Rystil, the commune of the 1st Order Diabolists. None living today have seen them used.

See Also: Amethyst, Diabolist, Horntangle Wood, Rystil

- Penned by Arthus Morang, Diabolist of the 9th Order
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Battle of Degen Harbor

The Battle of Degen Harbor was one of the decisive battle during the First Tribute War when a number of Dragon managed to capture The Port of Atland. This stopped all trade between the humans and elves and ended up causing a rift between the two races. The battle itself lasted 20 days as Lapu Evreer managed to warn the people of Atland that the red dragons were coming.

It is called the Battle of Degen Harber because of the dragons initial strategy to attack from the sea instead of the sky. The people of Atland were ready for an attack but were completly caught off guard ass dozens of dragons came bursting out of the harbor.

See also - Atland, Port of
See also - Evreer, Lapu

Penned by Synus Corinthia - Military Historian
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Bizeat- Creator of the Autolure

Rumored to have been the maker of the Autolure. It is suspected to have been elvish or a gnome since the maker was under contract with the Elf General Eilonif. Another hypothesis, proposed by the historian Gliphon, was that the name Bizeat was a title of a collective created to capture the Teradills. History of Bizeat is clouded. Eilonif only recieved 5 of the devices before hearing news that Bizeat was killed by Argrok the Merciless. Only the written messages recieved by Eilonif, and the contract, exist at this time to record Bizeat existence.
The Orc Sage, Sufa, mentions that Argrok the Free, had made agreements with Eilonif in secret to develop the device under the name of Bizeat. Sufa goes on to explain that Eilonif withdrew funding after recieving 5 of the devices and killed his liason, HryKanth, as a message of dissolvement. The act of killing a liason is considered customary in orcish culture to denote an ending of bonds between tribes. The more gruesome the killing the more the separation is considered friendly. HryKanth was poisoned, a very unfriendly gesture.
The name Bizeat is often mistaken for the Lich of Jion named Pyssat in oral lore.

see also- Autolure, Argrok
See also- Eilonif, HryKanth, Pyssat

Penned by Odanuki, Shihan- Collector of Histories for the Ogre Magi Illuminati Combine
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Bronze Fist, Order
Personal guard of Archbishop Altacorpe, known for the tremendous punnishment these warriors could deliver with their hands and feet, though many used weapons as well.

This order was the designated personal guard of the Archbishop for twelve generations. Under Altacorpe, they became used more for assassination and intelligence gathering -- a form of secret police feared in the known kingdoms.

The Order of the Bronze fist also kept a vow of silence, communicating to each other and to the archbishop through a complex sign language known to them, the archbishop, and a few designated 'voices' who were allowed to communicate with the outside world.

Most of the Order was killed in the dragon wars.

Amblem Torreign -- Scribe.

See: Altacorpe, Gui,
See: Morris Bramble, Brother
See, Order of the Red Eye.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Brotherhood of Judges (Ordo Judex): Originally called the Ordo Judex in the old tongue, the Brotherhood of Judges came into existence during the Rikar Heresy. Archbishop Gui Altacorpe ordered a young priest, named Simon Logrey, who specialized in occult investigation to form an order of warriors to fight demonic forces. Father Logrey diligently began training his recruits, selected from the most knowledgeable and skilled priests he could find. The 100 warriors who left Logrey’s school were the most deadly warriors ever created. Taught secular and religious law, martial skills, and occult knowledge, these warriors had the ability to sense demonic presence. The warriors the Archbishop asked Logrey to create would end up being his undoing.

The Brotherhood marched down the Diamond Coast to Rikar; they fought House Rikar’s troops to the gates of Schattenwald Castle. Where the Brotherhood expected to find a demonic presence, they found nothing. As the Brotherhood attempted to discover what had gone wrong, the Westmarch Armies descended on the Schattenwald Castle driving out and nearly destroying the Brotherhood. Three of the brothers would survive the Simon Logrey, Peter Carolin, and Mary Wissen. These three would flee the Westmarch forces and return to question the Archbishop. When they arrived at the Grand Cathedral, they sensed the demonic presence they had been searching for in the Archbishop. They arrested the Archbishop and put him on trial, but Melfxais’s demonic minions rescued him.

As the controversy of the Rikar Heresy died down, the three judges faded into the background, but they worked to rebuild their Brotherhood. The Brotherhood of Judges today is a rather unusual bunch traveling alone or in pairs hunting demons and monstrosities of the Legion. They are known for their knowledge and martial skill, but also for their blind dedication to their cause, the elimination demons across the known world. If more than two Judges are seen together, then great evil is afoot.

See Also Altacorpe, Gui
See Also Grand Cathedral
See Also Schattenwald Castle
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Bellatrix, The Black Dragon Mother

Best known for being the ally to the Argrok orc tribes during the Dragon Wars. The dragon was known as the Shadow Wyrm or the mother for the Argrok orcs. She had many offspring who would assist the Argrok orcs and guard the orc tribe families when invading armies entered the land. Bellatrix’s alliance helped Argrok gain unity among the other orc tribes. Bellatrix was more territorial than power hungry and made her alliance based upon keeping other dragons and creatures from taking her territory. The alliance was sealed when Argrok’s army stopped orcs under Auubrax’s influence from destroying her clutch. Her 23rd daughter, named Raigher, was by Grungim Argrok side when he was slain and went into a rage that destroyed nearly everyone who stood on the battle field. Bellatrix is credited for devouring the demon artifact Hoshoriem. Bellatrix is rumored to be immortal and still lives watching over the heirs of Argrok.

Luthlam Escery, Scribe of The Dragon Manuals Volume 1 thru 78

Also see: Argrok, Grungim
Also see: Raigher,
Also see: Hoshoriem