Steampunk

Alternating GM troupe
cczernia

Steampunk

Post by cczernia »

I was wondering if everyone really wanted to play EarthDawn of it we are up to doing something different. Sam, Andy and I were talking last night and Andy had a great idea for a Steampunk game using Savage World. I list some of the details below but was wondering how everyone felt?
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Steampunk Setting

Mood: down and dirty
setting: a large city, you can't leave
themes: oppressive tyranny, is man god

Savage World changes:

- Shaken: -2 to all actions. Make vigor roll before turn. On raise you are fine.

- Attributes do not determine point cost for skills.

- Do not need to make a damage roll against mooks. Single raise on attack takes them out otherwise they are shaken.

- spend a benny after the roll for a +1 to total.

- Use a skill (or attribute!) roll to add a temporary condition which can be tagged to get bennie effects without spending a benny.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

personally, i don't think we gave earthdawn enough time. my vote is for going with our original plan of playing some earthdawn. perhaps we could return to savage world steampunk afterward?
DeadDogg
One-Armed Skeleton

Hmm, tough call

Post by DeadDogg »

I'd be happy either way. Savage Worlds/Steampunk are definitely enticing to me. I like some of the house rules you've come up with.

I also have an old love for the original Earthdawn and would like to see how it all rolls out. (Thinking about a dwarf beast/bird master or perhaps windling...)

As the newbie, I'm going to let the decision be made by someone else, but I'm down either way.

For Steampunk Savage Worlds, check out this webcomic based on that VERY thing... (it even seems like your setting). This guy's been running a campaign and making a comic. Cool stuff, especially if you read the notes on the bottom how the adventure worked out...

http://shawntionary.com/clockworks/?p=31
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Ewwww...sounds like fun!

Shit....