The Future of FUBAR

The Fraternal University of Bright All-round Roleplayers
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

The Future of FUBAR

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, guys.

I'm starting this thread because this is something I've been thinking about for a long time now.

It seems to me that no matter how much we all earnestly try, we can't seem to get this group together for a game. The Murrieta Gang are the only members able to get together even semi-regularly.

Maybe its just time for us to move on.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love gaming with you guys, but as I already stated, that's doesn't seem possible right now. Our lives are just not meshing. I'd like to game, and it just doesn't seem likely with FUBAR.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I came to that conclusion a long time agao. For whatever individual reasons, it seems to me that some people won't commit much effort to FUBAR. They won't say to the other people in their lives "Hey, I have plans every Monday/Tuesday night" It's almost as if FUBAR has become the "If I don't have anything better to do" game.

And if that offends anyone, maybe you should think about why.

So, yeah. FUBAR is probably dead. Which is fine. Most of us have regular games outside of it, and those who don't shouldn't have a hard time finding something.

We had a good run. I'll just miss Gortek. =[
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Okay, guys.

I'm starting this thread because this is something I've been thinking about for a long time now.

It seems to me that no matter how much we all earnestly try, we can't seem to get this group together for a game. The Murrieta Gang are the only members able to get together even semi-regularly.

Maybe its just time for us to move on.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love gaming with you guys, but as I already stated, that's doesn't seem possible right now. Our lives are just not meshing. I'd like to game, and it just doesn't seem likely with FUBAR.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Chris[/quote]

I agree and feel the same way. I kinda figured you were thinking about this for awhile. I think the Murrieta Gang is a better representation of this group now. I also enjoyed playing the game of the week with you guys at SOE, Richards, the people apartment and Geek Empire. BTW I saw Foxbat poking his head on the forums last month.

Honestly, Blanch, you are the heart and soul of this group. I didn't think after having a child and getting married you would be able to keep up your old pace as long as you did. I'm sorry to hear it come to this conclusion but everyone has a life outside of this and sometimes it doesn't always gel.