23%
Something Else
No votes

Total votes: 13

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

The "What the Hell Game are We Playing?" Thread

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, so now that we have a day, let's figure out what the hell game we're going to be playing. I would like for us to try and work on one game (possibly until completion, or just have a perpetual game).

So, here's my list of games, in no particular order. (Well, okay, I started with existing games and went from there).

TWLD - We're more than half-way through, and I know you guys wanted to just exit the dungeon and finish the campaign by having your characters become kings. Doable, I just need some time to get the idea I have down on paper.

Nessicary Evil - We would play through the campaign, which would end in a big final battle between Earth and the invaiders.

Stargate - At least finish off the storyline we were doing, maybe one last season.

Old D&D Game - We could always bring back an old D&D game, like Eberron or... or... okay, I can't think of anything but Eberron right now... but, I'm sure someone will remember a campaign or two that can go here.

New D&D Game - A complety new from scratch D&D game. I have a TON of ideas here, so if this choice is picked, we'll have to narrow it down some. But, to give you an idea:
- Primitive campagin (stone age D&D, with Dinosaurs!)
- Greek Myth styled game (you would all start at like 5-8 or so, estabilished heroes gathered together for some epic quest)
- Epic Storyline (this would be the one where you start at below 1st level, and move through an epic, world saving storyline)
- Arcana Unearthed/Evolved (I don't have an epic storyline here, but it would be a different kind of D&D game featuring all new races and classes, and even a new magic system)

Sci-Fi game - Star Wars, Dragonstar, Farscape, Serenity, Star Trek, etc. Once again, I have some great ideas for all of these games.

Something Else - GURPS, Savage Worlds, Low Life (yes, I actually put that here), nWoD or something else not listed here. This could also include a game run by someone other than me.

I'm making the poll multiple choice so if you like more than one idea up here, feel free to vote for all of them. However, remember that the goal of this is to find out what everyone wants to play the most.

Also, feel free to add your $0.02 as far as ideas go.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I really like out WLD game, but it seems hard for us to stay focused on it for shorter sessions. If you've got a bunch of ideas for a new D&D campaign I'm all for it. I got the Complete Mage and it bothers me not to be using it.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, Infernus is the only one that hasn't voted here.

So far, it looks like TWLD is the leader, but it's only by one vote, so I'd like to know what you want to play, Infernus.

In the mean time, I'll start a new thread to discuss where we want to play. This will not be a poll, because where is entierly dependent on availability, rather than desire.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!