Growing pains?

The Fraternal University of Bright All-round Roleplayers
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Growing pains?

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, so after hanging out with Cthulhu and 777 this weekend, we talked a lot about where we three would like to see FUBAR go in the near future.

First up is the game-night schedule. I'm not sure if Chris' employment is long-term or just seasonal, but for now it seems that Tuesdays are no longer good for him. Chris, is there another night that would work better? I also mention this because Cthulhu said that Tuesdays are probably not very good for him anymore either, due to changes at work. So, I think we should see about making a new new night. Input from all is appreciated. Personally, I can do pretty much any night for the time being, so no worries for me.

Second up is TWLD. We had discussed breifly in the past the idea of leaving the dungeon and continuing with a more "traditional" campaign with these same characters. Well, in a fit of geekiness this weekend, the three of us came up with a cool idea that we think would be awesome, and would take us into places in D&D that very few, if any of us have gone.

Basically, we want to establish our own realm. What would be cool is if Chris were to create a world where a large portion is ruled by a tyrranical king, whose people live in squalor, and whose borders are barely defended against tribes of savage barbarians and orcs. We would come in, usurp the throne, and place the crown on Ozwald. We would then turn to the outlying lands, and Gortek would lead the efforts to unify the orc tribes into a nation of their own, with him as the King. At this time, he and Ozwald would form a permanent alliance, with Gortek's orc horde forming the backbone of the military might, bolstered by hordes of undead, and Infernus' psionic "Secret Police" keeping tabs on any revolts.

What would also be cool is if all the while, a nearby land is building an army for invasion, ala Sauron and Mordor.

This is all just ideas we brainstormed. But, what do you guys think?
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Yes my class tends to meet on tuesday on a bi-weekly schedule. So that would be cool if you guys change. Also i notice that the Murrietta Gang has been pretty consistent in hooking up to game. You might want to open that up to a regular formal thing...I think there was that guy in Moreno Valley you could invite.

TWLD...I like your tangent but the initial spirit/focus of the crawl was to make it thru TWLD. That other stuff sounds great as a world building coolness
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

The Murietta Gang has always been open to anyone. But, since it's in Murietta, most people don't seem to want to make that dirve once a week. Still, we have fun with a small group, so it's cool.

I understand what you mean on TWLD. But, the concensus of most of us a few weeks ago was that it is getting stagnant and repititious. It was a cool idea, but I think we are all just burned the hell out on doing nothing but dungeon crawling.
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Yeah I kinda figure that would happen sooner than later because it's one continous dungeon crawl. i always interpret it as the iron man marathon of dungeons. So more power to the idea if that's what everyone wants
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I'm open to whatever the group wants to do with the WLD. If the group agrees, that's great by me.

As for changing days, I'm open to that too.

My job at Target is seasonal, and ends on the 19th. I still need to find a better paying job, however, so until I do, I'll probably end up having to get another second, part-time job in the mean time. However, I'll be aiming for something that's more like three nights a week, and no weekends. So, for now, I'm not sure what's the best play day for me. I'll get back to you on that.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

The other problem with TWLD as a weeknight thing is that we only get (on a good night) about 3 hours of game time. And if you factor in the ADD of our players and DM, then even that get's cut in half. If it had stayed a weekend thing, we may have stuck it out a lot longer.