Necessary Evil

The Fraternal University of Bright All-round Roleplayers
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Necessary Evil

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, here's the basic information on the setting that you guys need to know. I'll have "Players Guides" ready at the game (the first 57 pages of the book, really), but this is in the mean time.

On January 1, 2001 the alien ships arrived. There was no warning, no preamble, they simply attacked. The alien's were a viscious species that looked like a cross of the worst aspects of a shark and a croc, and people called them Fins. Earth's super-heroes quickly rose to the challenge, and though New York became a battle ground, and the great underwater city of Atlantis was destroyed (along with it's king, the legendary hero known as the Aquarian), no one ever doubted that the heroes would win. In 2002, the tide changed when a second fleet of alien ships appeared. These were from a race calling themselves the V'sori, who claimed to be distant relatives of the Atlantians. The V'sori had fought the Fins before (though they called them K'tharen). Champion, the leader of the Alpha Force and the world's greatest hero, brought this news back to the people of Earth. The two sides fought an epic battle in Earth orbit, and eventually, the V'sori routed the Fins, who fled.

Celebrations happened all across the globe. V'sori ships appeared over almost every major city, and their representatives appeard with the majority of the world's super-heroes to mark this historic occasion. Then, the unthinkable happened. The V'sori turned on everyone. Their ships fired, and almost every major city in the world was destroyed, along with about 98% of the world's super-heroes. Champion was standing in front of the camera's when the attacked happened. The alien's had won. The Earth was now under the control of the V'sori Empire.

It's now 2004, and the V'sori have quashed almost every resistance attempt that has been made. But a new force has started to make it's presence known. Despite the fact that there are no heroes left to defend the planet, there are those with super-powers left. The villains. Led by the most powerful villain in the world, Dr. Destruction, a new resistance has started up, called Omega. Though in its infancy, its the most sucessful one so far. And you're about to join it.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Code name: Mjolnir
Name: Don Steiner
AKA: 'Moe', 'Mow"
Battle Cry: 'Das Here is some Mo!'.... 'Eck Baron Boom!"

Background: In a small villiage of Luthivia a boy was born Donatello 'Don' Steiner to two wonderful parents. Don's father moved the family to the United States for a better future when Don was 7. Unfortuantely, the people they had arranged to help them travel across(illegally) had other plans for them. Don's father was shanghai'ed during the trip and forced to work as a soldier for a eastern block nation and was never heard from again. Don's mother was forced into a brothel in New Jersey and would only see Don once a week because he was held as hostage for her services. For another 8 years she worked the brothel before the sex slavers found her too old for normal business and moved her over to the fetish trade where she became know as the bestiality lady of Jersey. Don wondered why he was nicked named Donkey boy and would get into fights. Only later, when he was 17, did he over hear some of the men talking about his mom and realized the truth of what they had done to her and him all this time. He became determined. Up to this time his education consisted of Cartoons and Comics, so he had only thoughts of becoming a Hero and saving his mom. But how?

One night Don ran away and eventually found a person who looked like a super hero named the Baron von Malice at a Deli ordering a Philly Cheesesteak. Don pleaded for the Baron to save his mom. The Baron told Don that two super villians named Material Girl and Magni were the master minds behind everything and that he alone would not be able to stand up against them. The Baron had a plan. He explained that Don could weaken their resources if various places they held financial securities and items of power were taken from them. Don set in motion attempts at taking these things. With some suggestions from the Baron he was able to acquire the items and money from various institutions...by, what the Baron explained, means that could be considered illegal if taken out of context. The Baron explained that trying leagal means would be fruitless because the Super Villians had a strangle hold on the citizens. Don was doing pretty good till he was cornered by Material Girl at the Jewelry store that she obviously used as a source of power. In fact she turned into a diamond hard avatar and captured him. Life was unfair and he was sent to Rikers for several years. Don lifted weights and worked out hard after being raped by inmates the first week in prison. What he did not realize was that one of the inmates had infected him with the strange mutating retro virus called XT-21. Within months Don became sick and the doctors, thinking it was another type of illness, asked Don if he would like to be given experimental drugs for a clinical trial. If he accepted his sentance would be reduced and if he didn't then there was little else the prison could do for him. Don accepted reluctantly. Thoughts of saving his mother was fading. He only prayed that the Baron could save him and his mom. No one is for sure what happened next but Don soon developed super strength and powers. Possibly it was the virus. Possibly it was the experimental drug. Most likely it was the combination of both, such as the virus mutating to counter the drug created unusual proteins to develope thru the blood stream. During a riot Don ran thru a wall and jumped the fence. Heading to New Jersey to save his mom the super villians Magni and Material Girl stopped him once again...claiming he was a fugitive of the law to the local police. The Baron was right they had the city by the strings. As he was being taken away the Baron showed up and rescued him. The Baron brought him to his secret lair and told Don that he had a secret surprise...His mom was waiting in the next room. The Baron had saved her after all! Don became the Barons right hand man to save the world from the puppet strings of the super villians. To Don the Baron was angel sent from heaven to save the world from itself. The Baron named him Mjolnir because he was to be his hammer for Justice and to make things right. The Baron keeps Don's mother busy cleaning the secret lair and making dinner...it's a quiet and happy life that Don, now Mjolnir, had always wished for his mother.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Cool backgound.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Nice! Btw... Mjolnir :smile:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

thanx
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

For some reason, this is how I picture him...

"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Nice!

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Thanks. :) Since these are so easy to do, I'm going to do the whole team. And since getting costume ideas from this group is often like pulling teeth from a tiger, they will be my own interpretations.

Now, we just need a name. My suggestions:

The Pentad
The Fearsome Five
Malice World Order (MWO) :biggrin:
The Black Legion

Edit: And here is the fearless leader, and future ruler of the world!

Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Only thing I would say about DT's costume is that he is someone who is a showoff, and don't forget his twin 6 shooters. Otherwise, have fun with it. They look pretty cool :)
Its never too early to be a bastard!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Very nice! YEah he's suppose to look like the Juggernaught. Only suggestions is he's the BAron's henchman and his colors should compliment his plus my dude has leap. So his lower half migh be reflective
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Sweet...perfect
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Nice, he looks like a Flash villain. :)

Chris
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Pretty Damn cool :)
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Very nice...Du du du double tap!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Oh, goodness. That's awesome! :biggrin:
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

sweet
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Knockback kicks ass. Nuff' said. :biggrin:
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Knockback kicks ass. Nuff' said. :biggrin:[/quote]

Yes it does. And, due to that as well as all the ranged attacks happening in this group, we will be playing with mini's next time.

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

My version...

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Woah, cool.

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Hey Infernus, I have a question for you.

When you bought the Ranged Attack power for your pistols, did you buy it twice, once for each pistol?

Chris
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Hey Infernus, I have a question for you.

When you bought the Ranged Attack power for your pistols, did you buy it twice, once for each pistol?

Chris[/quote]

Uh oh...why do i get the feeling the answer is the two letters in the alphabet that follow M

Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Yeah. They are 2 individual pistols that cost 5 power points each. Last night I was only able to purchase 3 points of Armor Piercing for each weapon, instead of 5 points (And only got away with 3 each because the gadget reduction). They break down as standard Ranged Attack, with +1 Rate of Fire, and +3 Armor Piercing. They aren't very powerful pistols, its just the fact that my duplicates each get a pair that makes it crazy.

I have been keeping track of the total collectively as a single item for simplicity's sake (just doubling all costs), which may actually net me a reduction 1 point earlier than otherwise. I can break it out into two weapons if you like, but I would much rather put some sort of limitation in where I Have to buy for both guns, and we keep the numbers simple.

Power Point Breakdown:
Ranged Attack (2) +1 Rate of Fire (+3) +3 Armor Piercing (+3) = 8 (x2) = 16. Gadget (-3) = 13
Speed (3) = 3
Super Vigor (1) = 1
Duplication (5) +1 Duplicate (+3) = 8

15 Points to start plus Power Points Edge x2 = 25 points
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Na, I'm cool with doubling the costs. The reduction may come a little earlier, but at most it nets you an extra point only every so often, and I can live with that. I just wanted to see how you were doing it, because I only remember one line on your sheet.

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

And finally...

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

oooooo! Nice.

I've noticed a gray theme here. :mrgreen:

Seriouslly, these are awesome. So, when do you put them all together in a group shot, with a Pentad logo? :wink:

Chris
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Infernus"]Power Point Breakdown:

Ranged Attack (2) +1 Rate of Fire (+3) +3 Armor Piercing (+3) = 8 (x2) = 16. Gadget (-3) = 13
[/quote]

I was just looking at this, and your Gadget modifier should be -4. It's -1 for every 5 points, [b]or part thereof[/b]. At the same time, its 3 points for Ranged attack, not two.

So, here's how it should break down according to the costs in the book.

Attack, Ranged (3); Rapid Fire, 1 shot (3), Armor Piercing 3 (3) = 9, x2 = 18, -4 for Gatget equals 14 cost total for the two guns.

This puts you over by one point. I'm not really going to worry about it too much (I realize you can take away your Super Vigor, and I'm not against that if you decide to). We can just say you owe it, so the next time you take the Power Points edge, it comes out of there.

Chris

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Gotetsu"]My version...

[img]http://img433.imageshack.us/img433/3744/braininatorwb3.jpg[/img][/quote]

Hey baby my name is Brainator but my friends call me Brian

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]oooooo! Nice.

I've noticed a gray theme here. :mrgreen:

Seriouslly, these are awesome. So, when do you put them all together in a group shot, with a Pentad logo? :wink:

Chris[/quote]

Actually Black is the color of the day. But it doesn't show up well with black line art. Braininator is silver.

I'll probably have the group shot soon.

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

And here it is. I also have a 1024/768 version that I am using for my wallpaper. :biggrin:

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Excellent!!!!!

I like the Color Scheme theme
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Very Cool! :cool:
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Ok I don't just LIKE the Color scheme...........I LOVE it

Just remember there is no 'I' in Team or Hero....

....But there is a big fat 'I' in EVIL and Villian. We love our individuality.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Sweet!!!!

I want the wallpaper version.

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Sweet!!!!

I want the wallpaper version.

Chris[/quote]

Here you go:

[url=http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pentad1024x768gt1.jpg][img]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/233/pentad1024x768gt1.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Glad you guys like it. I thought it turned out pretty good. :biggrin:

Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

I didn't actually have my sheet or the book on me when I posted, it was more from memory. I think I actually have it adding up to 12 on my sheet, (and 4 in speed) so I might have purchased only 2 Armor Piercing. I'll double check the numbers next tuesday.

Also - The team shot looks awesome.

[quote="BlanchPrez"]I was just looking at this, and your Gadget modifier should be -4. It's -1 for every 5 points, [b]or part thereof[/b]. At the same time, its 3 points for Ranged attack, not two.

So, here's how it should break down according to the costs in the book.

Attack, Ranged (3); Rapid Fire, 1 shot (3), Armor Piercing 3 (3) = 9, x2 = 18, -4 for Gatget equals 14 cost total for the two guns.

This puts you over by one point. I'm not really going to worry about it too much (I realize you can take away your Super Vigor, and I'm not against that if you decide to). We can just say you owe it, so the next time you take the Power Points edge, it comes out of there.

Chris[/quote]

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Image = SWEETNESS!!!