Weekly Game 2: Son of Weekly Game

The Fraternal University of Bright All-round Roleplayers
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Cthuhlu, Infernus, Skyman and I showed up at Game Empire, where we played a couple rounds of Dread Pirate. Much fun was had by all as we did our best to ream.. er.. ram each other into Davy Jones' Locker.

Chris[/quote]

Not going to the weird place...oh. Probably shouldn'ta said that.

Sorry I missed it. :sad:

"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

The Game was pretty damn fun! I'm not saying that just because I won the first one with the gambit move on Blanch as the Dread Pirate Prez but it was really a good time for all.

The second game of it was even better and the advance wind mechanics was easy to understand. Infernus actually won by not being a Bastard to me. You missed a cool board...cloth game Tom. Maybe next time.

Wow I actually wrote all that without referencing the words booty or any pirate homo-erotic metaphors. Arrgh thar he blows!
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Very fun game, I actually realized I won that second game without ever being the Dread Pirate. Clearly a meaningless title ;p

I'd still like to see how mutiny and such turn out, it could really lengthen a game.
Its never too early to be a bastard!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Infernus"]Very fun game, I actually realized I won that second game without ever being the Dread Pirate. Clearly a meaningless title ]

You did, didn't you? Wow, that's pretty cool.

Yeah, I'd like to see the mutiny rules in play too. I played a game last night with just three players, and I gotta say, this game really needs four to make it work right.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Yeah I was looking forward to the mutiny stuff in action. I would have thought Blanch or Cthulhu would have done it in that last game but they went fighting to the bitter end, Arrrrgh! Blow me...down
Myrya
One-Armed Skeleton

Tuesday game

Post by Myrya »

This tuesday, what game is going on? Sorry not to post for so long, I couldnt find the link in my bookmarks lol. I think I have like 250 of them, and they arent organized very well.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

GURPS Vikings. Who's there?

Me.
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I'll be there.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I think if we end up with a short group, and Skyman is there, he should run CoC. I could go for some of that. :twisted:
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Gotetsu"]I think if we end up with a short group, and Skyman is there, he should run CoC. I could go for some of that. :twisted:[/quote]
Dude are you feeling ok:sly:

Any preference for type?

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Skyman"]Dude are you feeling ok:sly:[/quote]
Absolutely not! :wink:

[quote="Skyman"]Any preference for type?[/quote]
I'd say hard-boiled street level. I wanna play WW1 veteran PI Malcolm Kirby. :biggrin:

Ok, so I've been reading a lot about Robert E. Howard. Sorry.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Ok I'll have something ready if we are short handed. Do you want me to make pre-gens?
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I guess that would depend on how long of a story you wanna run. if it's just a shorty, we could probably make characters. But if it's a bit longer, maybe pregens would be good.

Btw, th rest of you can feel free to chime in here... :smash:
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I think it will be short...it's a back up anyways
Darquesage
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Darquesage »

I'll be there. It's been a slow month for gaming for me and I'm needing my fix.

So what's CoC? my knowledge of gaming acronyms is a little out of date...
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Darquesage"]So what's CoC? my knowledge of gaming acronyms is a little out of date...[/quote]
[url=http://www.chaosium.com/index.php]Call of Cthulhu[/url]

20's Horror, HP Lovecraft style.

Myrya
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Myrya »

I will try and be there. Where are we gaming? Game Empire?
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

If I end up doing this what system do you guys wish to play?

Basic Role Playing is the original system
D20 is the other option
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Either is fine with me.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

BRP (Basic Role Playing) will be the system

Arkham adventure set in 1920's. Gotetsu your character concept WW1 veteran PI Malcolm Kirby will be the working with a bookish PI Kenneth Heath and his small PI office. Well go from there if we end up playing
Darquesage
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Darquesage »

Call of Cthulu sounds pretty cool. I am not familiar with the BRP system though, so I may need a little help with that. As for a character concept, Howzabout Buckshot Billy Bricone, A mob enforcer with the slight eccentricity of dressing and often behaving like an old west cowboy (only with more expensive, custom tailored duds), who may have met Kirby during the war (though due to family affiliations seems to have taken a different direction in life)?

He's a friendly enough fellow under most circumstances, always ready to "buy the house a round", and usually pretty pleasent except when it comes time to "work"... then he becomes quiet and mean, possibly reliving terrors of the war in his mind, ready to maim or kill without conscience. Aside from his "Western Apparel" (Dark brown leather duster, hat, chaps, boots, and a red bandana to go with blue denim jeans and shirt), he's known for carrying at least 4 seperate sawed-off shotguns (2-barrel, over-under...) hence the nickname "Buckshot", and a Colt 1911 (in a shoulder rig). While this might seem excessive and over-the-top, he does spend most of his social time in a "Family-owned" establishment, so people usually don't have anything to say about it. Aside from his firearms related skills, he's a competent boxer and wheel man. It'salso important to note that even though he is clearly a mobster to anyone who cares to look, he has used his veteran status and family connections to avoid any significant legal trouble, has a license signed by the governer for his Colt, and has his taxes paid up on the sawed-off shotguns. He is not married and has no children, but he does set aside some of his earnings to take care of his parents and pay for his younger sister to go to school (studying Archaeology and Greek Mythology).

Sorry if there's not much detail to go on... just something I came up with off the top of my head:wink:
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I'm not going to be able to make it tonight guys. Enjoy CoC. :)

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

No, tonight is GURPS night, and since John is coming, and we have at least four players, I think we'll be going a-viking! :biggrin:

Daniel! Where the fuck are you at???
SEVEN_SEVEN_SEVEN
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by SEVEN_SEVEN_SEVEN »

I can make it
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]No, tonight is GURPS night, and since John is coming, and we have at least four players, I think we'll be going a-viking! :biggrin:
[/quote]

Alright, then, enjoy your GURPSness. :)

Chris

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I have the flu guys...I cannot make it
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

[quote="Gotetsu"]No, tonight is GURPS night, and since John is coming, and we have at least four players, I think we'll be going a-viking! :biggrin:

Daniel! Where the fuck are you at???[/quote]

Fighting off endless hoards of ninja here at the lab armed with nothing more than a tennis racquet.

Daniel

When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.
Myrya
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Myrya »

Um, if no one tells me where the game is, I cant come, need the info.....

If possible, can we meet at game empire, even if we are playing at sony? I dont remember how to get there. Also, what time does game start? I have my character ready, just need the data. Rock was supposed to come over and have dinner then we were going to carpool, but he isnt answering his phone, so I guess he left already.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

We always default to GE. We only go to Sony when Infernus tells us to.

Happiness is mandatory.
The Computer is your friend.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Foxbat"]Fighting off endless hoards of ninja here at the lab armed with nothing more than a tennis racquet.

Daniel[/quote]

Excuses, excuses. :rolleyes:

Darquesage
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Darquesage »

Sorry guys, I can't make it after all. I hurt myself a little bit ago, and I'm in no shape to drive, or pretty much anything else either (Don't worry, I'll probably live, but I'm not going to explain in detail, because whatever your imaginations come up with will probably be more entertaining...)
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Wow. So, three of us. Interesting.

SPANC!!
:mrgreen:
Darquesage
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Darquesage »

Is spanc one of those card games you guys were playing the other day, or just a battle cry?
Myrya
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Myrya »

Sorry guys, but I have to bow out. I am going up to Darq's to help him out since he's hurt. I want to make sure he doesnt keel over dead lol. If he even mentions he's hurt, then he's hurt pretty bad cause he's not a complainer.
Darquesage
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Darquesage »

[quote="Myrya"] If he even mentions he's hurt, then he's hurt pretty bad cause he's not a complainer.[/quote]

I don't know who you're talking about... I complain about shit all the time.:smash:

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="Darquesage"]Is [b]spanc[/b] one of those card games you guys were playing the other day, or just a battle cry?[/quote]
Yes.

Darquesage
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Darquesage »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Yes.[/quote]

Hehe, ow. it hurts when I laugh:lolup:

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Woohoo! SpyCraft rocks! :biggrin:
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

So, should we meet at the game store? Or should we go to Sony?
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

That depends entirely on when you plan to show up ;) 5 pm? Game Empire. 6 PM could probably get away with SOE.
Its never too early to be a bastard!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

So, why don't we just say 6:00 to 6:30 at SOE? I mean, Cthulhu and I are usually the only ones who show up before that anyways.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Let those of us that are not SOE employees meet at Game Empire, and then head to SOE from there.

Chris
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Wait. What are we gonna do about Daniel's character? And what if Simon shows up? Hrmmm...
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Wait. What are we gonna do about Daniel's character? And what if Simon shows up? Hrmmm...[/quote]

I got Daniel's character sheet (it's even updated to 6th), and if Simon wants to show up, he can play Daniels' character. :)

Chris

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I'm out...I think. I've been sick lately and I just recently recovered. My energy has been low as a result. What are you guys playing BTW?
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Skyman"]I'm out...I think. I've been sick lately and I just recently recovered. My energy has been low as a result. What are you guys playing BTW?[/quote]

Worlds Largest Dungeon.

Chris

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Worlds Largest Dungeon.

Chris[/quote]

Thnx...I was just wondering. I thought you guys do that on another day or something?

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

We usually play it once a month on the weekend. But since it is so slow-going, and all of the players are in FUBAR, we thought we'd throw in a Tuesday game every now and again, just to speed things up.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Oh cool!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

So, who's gonna be there tomorrow, and does anyone have any idea what we are supposed to be playing?