Torg?

The Fraternal University of Bright All-round Roleplayers
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Torg?

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, so, I've made the mistake of looking at some of my older games, and have got the bug to run one... Torg. What I would like to do is make this a campaign, and not a one shot. Here's a site with some brief information on the setting and idea behind the game, and even a quick overview of the rules.

http://www.sdc.org/~ksjim/whats-torg.txt

If you guys are interested at all, let me know. The idea would be to play this opposet to Gotetsu's Heavy Gear game, so like every other week.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I'd be up for this. I've never used this system.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Yeah I remember you describing this setting once. Sounded interesting then...the writeup you posted sounds like it could be fun. Good chance to go from sci-fi to fantasy to horror and back again within the same campaign.
Its never too early to be a bastard!
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Hey. I remember that game. I played the crazy Yakuza from the Japan-o-verse. Whatever they called it.
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="smartmonkey"]Hey. I remember that game. I played the crazy Yakuza from the Japan-o-verse. Whatever they called it.[/quote]

Yeah, I actually still have your character.

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I'll play whatever is set before me. Though I am enjoying this D&D game. The Shamil Brothers rock! :biggrin:
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

[quote] I'll play whatever is set before me. Though I am enjoying this D&D game. The Shamil Brothers rock! [/quote]

And tonight we're playing... Nobilis!

Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

[quote="smartmonkey"]And tonight we're playing... Nobilis![/quote]
Beat it, fucktard. Your kind isn't welcome around here.

"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Gotetsu"]Beat it, fucktard. Your kind isn't welcome around here.[/quote]

Yeah, Gotetsu prefers to have dice to throw arround. ;)

Chris

Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

I haven't done that in like, forever.
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

...yeah it was like...the last WLD Group since hes thrown any dice!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Man, I ain't never gonna live that one down. And I didn't actually throw dice. It was merely the motion of doing so.

Bastards. :finger:
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

I clearly remember your dog chasing after the big d20 and you having to go get it after you threw it...dont try to look all sane now.... :screwy:
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

That's it, you're out of the will! And here I was going to make you my Lieutenant in the Army of Scientology! Ha! How do you like me now???
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Actually, in re-reading the thread, this whole dice-throwing thing is way off topic. What I meant about Smartmonkey's kind was that he's a threadcrapper, and I'm sick of his shit!

::reaches for his bag of dice::

Ah, that one'll hurt! :twisted:
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

Bitch slaps for everyone!

Daniels
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Anyways, here is the background info for the revamped Blue Phoenix:

Captain Dirk Phoenix, US Army

History: In his Home Cosm of The Nile Empire, Dirk was a hero. He was a special agent, assigned to bring down the forces of Dr. Mobius. In order to disguise his origin, and to create a psychological weapon, he took on the mantle of The Blue Phoenix, and fought with Mobius on several occasions. His masked exploits spawned a successful comic book series and radio show back home.

When Mobius invaded Earth, Dirk stowed away on a transport and followed. What he found was a world unlike his own. Heroes did not wear masks, and the line between good and evil was often not so clear.

In an attempt to fit in with the new world he found himself in, Dirk ditched his masked alter-ego, and began working alone as Captain Phoenix. In time, he made a few allies, including his new partner and friend, Dizzy Jones.

Appearance and Mannerisms: Dirk is a ruggedly handsome man. Tall, athletic, with blonde hair and blue eyes. His mannerisms are very much in the mold of the 40’s pulp hero. Dirk tends to be melodramatic at times, and is fighting to grasp what has happened to him. Previously, he wore a blue jumpsuit emblazoned with a Phoenix on the chest, and a mask. Now, he wears a bomber jacket over a blue t-shirt with the same Phoenix symbol, khaki pants tucked into sturdy combat boots, and fingerless leather gloves. He has ditched the mask, but retains his two pearl-handled .45’s, which he wears in a double shoulder rig.

Abilities: Dirk is a superior combatant, highly-skilled in hand-to-hand, melee and fire combat. He has a keen mind, and good detective skills. Due to his connection with his home Cosm, Dirk also exhibits some other, rather extraordinary abilities.

I'm working on Dizzy. :biggrin:
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Ok, here's Dizzy (it's a slow morning):

Dorothy “Dizzy” Jones

History: Being the daughter of a US Air Force airplane mechanic, Dorothy grew up all over the place. But when she was 12 her mother was killed in a car-accident, and her father was forced to raise her on his own. Subsequently, Dorothy spent a lot of time on flight lines and in maintenance bays, where she picked up the skills of a mechanic. When she was 18, she enlisted in the Air Force, following in her father’s footsteps. But after a four-year stint, she realized that military life was not for her. So she got out, and began working as a mechanic, and taking flying lessons.

When the invasion hit, Dorothy (now going by the nickname “Dizzy,” which she picked up in the military) decided that she would do what she could. So, she sold her condo and bought a used airplane. It’s a beast, but with her touch, she keeps it running fairly smoothly. She soon began making cargo-runs to wherever her plane could reach, including the Mediterranean Sea.

It was during one such outing that she met up with Dirk Phoenix. Seeing a good man in a bad spot, she helped him escape his pursuers, and they have been friends ever since.

Appearance and Mannerisms: Dizzy is an attractive, if a bit rugged young woman, with light brown hair and hazel eyes. Years of working on vehicles and operating heavy machinery have given her a certain amount of physical strength not usually found in a woman her size. She usually wears blue jeans, work boots, a white tank-top, and a denim jacket. She keeps her hair short, but still feminine. Dizzy tends to be a little flirtatious, though her masculine upbringing gives her a tomboyish charm that some men find endearing, while others find it abrasive. She’s a very matter-of-fact speaker, not afraid to voice her opinion. And her speech is often laced with “colorful metaphors” (and she delights in the reactions she gets from the rather stiff Dirk).

Abilities: Dizzy is a highly skilled mechanic. She is also able to drive or pilot just about anything. She is fond of saying “If it has a motor, I can make it move.” Being a rather tough young lady, Dizzy can hold her own in a fight.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Okay, some basic information that all your characters would know.

First, here's a timeline of the opening days of the invasion. I've put dates here, but they're pretty arbitrary.

[quote]Torg Timeline

April 10, 2006 – Reports start airing on CNN and other news networks that all communication with large chunks of Indonesia has been lost. Even satellite’s are unable to get clear shots of the area. Huge storms around the affected areas rage and many believe these are the cause of the blackout. These storms appeared out of nowhere, and do not follow any weather patterns in the area.

April 11, 2006 – Opening Day of Baseball for the New York Mets in Shea Stadium. In the middle of the game, the signal is lost, and all of New York goes silent. Storms being to rage outside the area, in a roughly triangular area 300 miles on a side. These storms are very similar to the ones around Indonesia. The President and the Vice President of the United States were in New York at the time of the blackout for a meeting with the UN.

Relief missions from Thailand and the Philippines are sent into Singapore. A wounded BBC reporter is found outside the storm zone, mumbling about monsters and British soldiers.

April 12, 2006 – US National Guard units are mobilized and sent to Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Reports begin to come back from them about lizard men and dinosaurs.

April 14, 2006 – Speaker of the House Jonathan Wells assumes Presidential duties. He orders the military to DefCon Two.

April 16, 2006 – National Guard units are moved to Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philly and D.C.

April 17, 2006 – More storms like those around New York appear around Sacramento in the US and Fort Providence in Canada. Reports from both areas filter out of more lizard men and dinosaurs.

Jonathan Wells formally sworn in as President of the United States. Secretary of Defense Quartermain named Vice President.

April 18, 2006 – Astronomers discover that the Earth is slowing down. They estimate that at it’s current rate of slow down, the Earth will reach a point where it’s rotation is equal to it’s revolution in 83 days.

May 1, 2006 – Senator Decker heads west to find out a way to stop the invaders.

England experiences storms just like those in North America and Indonesia. Reports of those fleeing tell tales of technology failing, dragons, knights and magic.

A Japanese diplomat is murdered in France.

May 2, 2006 – The area controlled by the Living Land in the US expands greatly.

May 3, 2006 – Scattered reports from un-reputable sources come in from Russia about finding a strange device buried in a field. After unburying this device and destroying it, the storm clouds surrounding Moscow dissipate in a flash of bright light. The Russian government does not confirm any of this.

The Western Living Land now reaches from New York to the Great Lakes.

President Wells forms the Delphi Council to find ways of protecting the United States from the strange invaders.

May 4, 2006 – President Wells evacuates the White House, and re-locates to Huston, TX, which he declares will be the temporary capital until further notice.

Someone notes that the sun has been up in the United States for 35 hours, and shows no sign of setting.

May 6, 2006 – More storms erupt, this time around Egypt and the Middle East. Diplomats arrive in several countries, including Germany and the United States claiming to represent Pharaoh Mobius and the New Empire of the Nile.

May 10, 2006 – Night has been up for approximately 43 hours in the Nile Empire, and there is no telling when it will end.

May 17, 2006 – Mobius lights an artificial sun in the skies over Egypt.

May 19, 2006 – Storms from Indonesia push their way towards Japan, though the Island itself seems to be okay.

May 21, 2006 – President Wells is shot. Vice President Quartermain takes the office of the President of the United States.

May 22, 2006 – Storms erupt around Europe, centered on France. Reports are confusing at first, but within a few days a signal is heard from France, declaring that the Cyberpope, Jean Malraux, has arrived to free the people of France from the antichrist.[/quote]

Chris

BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Over the next few weeks, things beginning to stabilize somewhat, as the invaders focus on consolidating their holding. Pushes continue to happen, but they have slowed considerably. It is now three months into the war, the following information comes in:

The invaders are not aliens, at least not in the little man from Mars way. They come from other realities, called cosms. Within the areas they have taken, the very rules of the universe change. Technology fails to work, or is far beyond anything we have on Earth. Magic could be real, and miracles a daily event. Things impossible in our reality are commonplace in others. When an invader first attacks, our reality tries to fight back, and this takes the physical form of Reality Storms, surrounding their realities. Coming out of the wake of these storms are Storm Knights, people endowed with the power to take their reality with them into other cosms, and to effect changes in foreign cosms. You are all Storm Knights, fighting to free Earth from the invaders.

North America has been invaded by a reality called the Living Land. Those areas controlled by the invaders have been transformed into tropical jungles and forests, and are constantly surrounded in the Deep Mist, which keeps the area warm and humid. The invaders are lizard men calling themselves edeinos. They are primitive, with a stone age level technology and tribal life style. However, within the lands they control, they are devastating, as Earth technology and social order breaks down within their reality, preventing the army from being an effective force. The edeinos also brought with them their religion. They worship a goddess called Lanala, who is all living things, and worshipers are referred to as Jakatts. They experience things for her, and thus experience everything intensely. They are forbidden from using "dead" things, such as technology, and all their tools are grown from special trees and re-planted when not in use. Many humans living in the bounds of the Living Land have converted to their reality, and become members of edeinos tribes and worshipers of Lanala.

England and Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden Finland and half of Denmark) have been taken over by the Aysle Cosm. Aysle is a fantasy realm, with high magic, knights, dragons, elves and dwarves. Perhaps the strangest thing to happen in the wars to date has happened in Aysle. The ruler of this realm, the Lady Pella Ardinay, was possessed by an evil being called Uthorion for centuries, and he used her to rule as a High Lord. Upon reaching Earth, however, a group of Storm Knights freed her from this possession. Pella Ardinay now seeks to reclaim her world, starting with the Aysle realm on Earth. She also wishes to aid those Earth nations who wish it, wanting to undo some of the damage done in her name.

France, Switzerland an portions of northern Italy have been taken over by the Cyberpapacy. This is a strange reality, with high technology, including massive computer networks, virtual realty and cyberware, and at the same time a medieval mind set and social structure. Paris has remained a hard point for Core Earth reality, and thus is the home of the resistance.

Egypt, Israel, large chunks of Saudi Arabia and several African nations have been invaded by the New Empire of the Nile, led by a pulp villain calling himself Dr. Mobius. This reality is very much like the high action pulp stories of the 30's and 40's. Strange super powers are possessed by this world’s heroes and villains, as is Weird Science technology, like lightning guns and magnet rays.

Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore have been taken over by Orrorsh, the horror realm. While monsters do roam this realm, they are not the everyday monsters of Aylse. Instead, these are the shadows out of the corner of your eyes, the footsteps that stop when you turn around. Orrorsh is a realm of fear, a place where heroes die. Even the most hardened Storm Knight fears to tread here.

There are rumors coming in that the Kanawa Corporation, based in Japan, are somehow tied to the invaders, but there is no solid evidence to prove this. Many Storm Knights, however, to believe that Kanawa is another invading reality, and have taken to calling the lands in and around Japan Nippon Tech.

Chris