Rearming SG-4

The Fraternal University of Bright All-round Roleplayers
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

It seems that USSOCOM has awarded FN with a contract for a spec-ops only rifle:

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as70-e.htm

If SG-4 is to remain effective, we need these. So much for those puny FN P90's SG-1 carries.

Daniel
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Niiice. I like it! Kinda reminds me of the Galil.

Can you stat it out for D20? ;)
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

very compelling
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Oi! You guys aren't even using P90's now! For that matter, neither is SG-1, you haven't reached that point in the timeline.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

But it's in Prototype phase. Who the heck do you think is testing this thing? ;)
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

[quote="Gotetsu"]But it's in Prototype phase. Who the heck do you think is testing this thing? ]
Damn straight! Give the team a loadout and FN can get all the feedback they need.

Daniel
When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands with the buttered side facing down. I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. The two will hover, spinning inches above the ground. With a giant buttered cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.
Infernus
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Infernus »

Which version of the rifle would you carry? L or H? S, CQC, or SV? So many possible choices...I think we need to see em statted out for d20 to make an informed decision ;p

If not in SG-4, maybe in Spycraft if we ever get around to it.
Its never too early to be a bastard!
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

Oh, I think the team would need at least a couple variants to fullfill specfic roles.

Stats wise just take the normal damage for a 5.56 NATO and 7.62 NATO, give them full auto and all the good stuff that comes with it. Also there shouldn't be any limitations like "no strafe attack" or the others that plague most of the guns. The range increments I can approximate from similar weapons.

Other than limited replacement parts, it doesn't get much better.

Daniel
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

Actually, I think M4's are fine for SG-4. Plus, this thing wasn't even accepted by the US until 2003, which is Season 7, if I recall correctly. We're still in season 2. So, our choices are M4's or MP5's. I say the M4 is just fine. Having gone through "combat" with the M16, I can only assume the M4 is an improvement on an already fine system.

Now, in SpyCraft...well, that's another story.... :twisted: So, who's running SC? Me or Foxbat?
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Spy Craft would be most wicked if Daniel ran it. No offense Tom but Fox seems really knowledgable in the area :wink:
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Is this gun any good? Check out videos on left

http://www.armedforcesjournal.com/blackwater/xm81.html
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

The XM8 weapon system is based on the H&K G36 assault rifle family which is very good. I'm not so sure if the advantages over the current M16/M4 family justify refitting all of the armed services though.

Daniel
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Apparently they(The army) have an open bid for gun makers to do better...

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=1- ... 708424.php

I guess H&K had exclusive bid till their prototype weighed too much... 18lbs. The X8 is an off shoot of the 18 pounder they made.
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

I wasn't aware that the Army had opened up for more competition. FN might have a chance with their SCOCOM SCAR. I would be interested in who steps up to the plate on this.

Daniel
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

http://www.st.northropgrumman.com/media ... hires1.jpg

I'm not sure what this is but it looks cool. Probably shines light or cooks chicken or something. But in my scifi rpg dreams it's a mega laser or opens a projected gate. Or a goauld killer
Foxbat
Cunning Rogue

Post by Foxbat »

I believe that is the Army's Mid-Infrared Advanced Chemical Laser (MIRACL). Some time ago they ran some tests by illuminating an aging satellite with it. Cool, but not very powerful in comparison to sci-fi hardware.

Daniel