Spread the word.
Skyman
Proud Regent

I-Pod distraction

Post by Skyman »

Ok I only posted here to bump the Spam down...here is a video about the I pod
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Cool. I also like the iPod Useless video linked from there.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Why is it that whenever a "underdog" company appears, we all root for them, but once they make it big, we suddenly call them sell-outs and corprate shills?

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Why is it that whenever a "underdog" company appears, we all root for them, but once they make it big, we suddenly call them sell-outs and corprate shills?

Chris[/quote]

I'm not really sure...But I think it's like the Geore Lucas evolution. An underdog film maker who makes it big and starts having power in the industry...pushing folks around and telling movie theatres to upgrade or perish kinda stuff...then gives us Jar Jar Binks and we have to smile and deal with it because it's part of a legacy. Kinda like microsoft.

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I don't mind a big corporation when they make quality products. I have had so few problems with my Apple products, that I am more than happy to purchase them.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Apple really makes good stuff...
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]Why is it that whenever a "underdog" company appears, we all root for them, but once they make it big, we suddenly call them sell-outs and corprate shills?[/quote]
It's the American Way.

Also, underdogs generally make it big precisely [i]because [/i]they sell out and become corporate shills. That, too, is the American Way.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.